Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2011, 9:41 pm

you can add me to the "book" category too.... husband had a counseling session, and the last one his therapist wanted me to come, so I brought a book about my favorite subject.... "just in case we had to wait" (yeah, right! I just needed a book to be able to get me through the therapist's visit, and it wasn't even MY visit!)

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:47 pm

I have several little plushies and little "guys" that travel with me in my bag.

The Calico Critters kitten I got from my therapist - her name is Ms. Important and she's supposed to serve as a reminder for me to assert what I want and need, or something like that.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2012, 12:24 am

well it's not really an object... But my dog. I take him with me everywhere. In bus, store, when we're going to visit someone.. But if there's some place i can't take him with me, i have this plushie looking just like him, as soft and all. I take it with me and it calms me. Also i have my stuffed husky puppy toy named Kira, also i take it with me everywhere. And also i have my i huge fluffy blanket that comforts me at home and sleepovers. And my pillow turtle. And also one necklace my mommy gave me. I always wear it.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 12:38 am

My cell phone as an mp3 player to tune out people and a few items (rabbit foot and one of my many rounds - usually .50, .30 or 20mm) to run my fingers across when I need to.

Last edited by CyborgUprising on 07 Jul 2012, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2012, 12:38 am

I have Pillow Pet that I sleep with every night. It's the bumble bee one. Oh, and my iPod.

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2012, 12:40 am

My backpack comes with me everywhere, even to the shop up the road. I never thought it was odd until Mum pointed out that half of the time my bag is empty.

I take books with me sometimes, but not if I'm going somewhere where I can't leave my bag at the main desk because the books set off alarms and such.

The only other thing I can think of is I put ripped up balls of paper in my pockets to play with when I have to go out.

At home I have quite a lot, including my childhood soft toy collection. I also have a soft toy that I've had since birth.

I've slept with a flat dinosaur pillow that I've had since I was 10. It's not comfortable to sleep on at all, so after I've finished watching a movie I'll just hug it while I sleep.

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

It seems my bicycles are my biggest calming item..
I talk to them, Riding them is paradise. I use to be able to park one in my office. When I'm grocery shopping, all I think about is my bike is right out front.. I'm always customizing them.
My next calming it reading science articles or fantasy books.. I keep both on my PDA.
In a pinch I'll use my key chain.

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2012, 12:46 am

Interesting to see there's a lot of people who needs to have a whole BAG of stuff with them!

My coworkers have mocked me for YEARS about what they call "Tina's apartment", which is a bag I take with me to work, which contains.. well.. Everything!
Books, first and foremost, not as many now as when I didn't have a kindle, snacks and other foodstuffs that doesn't need refrigeration, vitamin and mineral supplements (a ton, don't know why), gum, pastilles, anti-anxiety meds, ibuprofen, a small screwdriver set, makeup, emergency toiletries, magazines, a small webcam, en external cd drive for laptops, some times my laptop...

All this I bring to work EVERY DAY, whether it's a 7 hour shift or 12 hour shift....

The strange thing is that I detest handbags and while going out and not going to work I bring as little as possible, only wallet and cell phone if I can help it.
Since I got my kindle it has become a staple too, now I almost panic at the idea of being stuck waiting somewhere and NOT having it with me..!

I also always carry something in my pocket, I have a heart shaped piece of rose quartz that lives in my uniform pants for work and I usually keep an assortment of random small stuff in other pants and I've recentlly noticed that I stim with them in my pocket whenever I'm talking at length with someone. I've always done this, but not really been aware of it until now.
I guess it's better than other more obvious stims, heheh..

Didgeeeee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jul 2012, 5:41 am

My iPod and pocket watch comfort me out in public. At home it is my gear wheels, and a weird object of unknown origin. Strange.

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2012, 6:00 am

I have a whole collection of peculiar trinkets I have found over the last 20 years. I hardly ever use them, but just knowing they are there gives me some sense of warmth and comfort.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

Hair, lips
Music player

Jupiter1234
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

My blanket and my little stuffed animal "cechup". (Pronounced ketchup)
And stacking coins also helps me calm down

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 12:34 am

My iPod and in-ear monitors. Rarely do I leave the apartment without them.

LynnCW
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2012, 12:33 am

Bringing this thread back. :). I have a blanket that I have to have when I go to bed. I rub the edges of it every night.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 1:38 am

Odd, I know, but hey ... they work for me. Snap it on finger, click it, chew it, all sorts of stuff. Not discrete enough to use in public though. The wooden ones are no good, too small.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 3:36 am

I carry my Ipod shuffle and my android phone at all times for music and entertainment but mainly music to calm me down and shut off the sounds in the outside world.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList