Did a video game once made you cry?

Page 3 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

I cried a few moments ago, because an inferior monster killed me in under four hits. This is after other very "easy" monsters killed me at least twice when someone was looking.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

I didn't cry but I reckon some of the Halo games have brought me close to doing so.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Dokapon Kingdom can make me cry tears of rage; no matter how many times I play it! xD

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

add infamous 2 to that list, the hero ending was so sad, this game has met and surpased my expectations i think i have found my top favorite game series on the ps3 at long last.

i'm not sure but i think i got a bit upset at the end of lego starwars the complete edition on the wii. and i never watched starwars before that. so i had a basic idea of the story. and i still perfer the lego version over the actual movie series... i'm weird.

drakengard when you have to battle the dragon on the 5th ending or something.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2011, 1:01 am

i figured id say this here because i'm pretty sure i am a unique case. there really isn't a single moment in infamous' hero story that effects me emotionally, it's the whole game every line, every frame, every second.

when i got the game it was only because my mom said "this looks like something you would like" at this point in my life i heard that line a hundred times before and it was always wrong, i had heard of infamous but it never struck me as noteworthy, but it was used and cheap at gamestop.

so i figured i'm not paying out of the whazzo for this game so not much to lose if it sucks.

so i got home and started playing it, the intro of this game alone is usually something that i hate in a game, i hate being dropped into a game knowing nothing at all. so i really didn't feel it was a keeper at that point but i played through the tutorial anyway. i knew it had a hero or villian path so i started out as a hero. i let the people eat and the tv jacker comes on bsing about me and i was the one that helped.

now to understand me and games you have to know that i call the main character as me, but in all the games i played before it this was just to help immersion.

but with infamous my persona was almost forced in sync with cole's after a few minutes. i ran through the streets getting dissed left and right so i took shelter on high ground, i then realized i had to build my reputation from scratch. so i did just that, i healed, i defended, i was willing to do whatever it took to not be hated.

when the news shows would air i watched with disgust at the credit they were stealing, it came to the point of violently attacking the tvs with whatever i had at the moment. i would scream things like "i'm here i never saw that!"

and when kessler stole my power of save\load that worked in fallout 3 and dragon age, i got confused at first watching as trish feel to her death no matter what i did, then saddness as she and cole said their goodbyes. after that i hit a brick wall of rage, i was driven to destroy kessler, blinded by my hate i pushed cole, the game, and my ps3 to what may have been their limits blowing through quest after quest. and when i finally was defeating him i felt joy and relief, then as the ending came i was torn my rage fell apart and went back into confusion, and without my rage buffer i went to tears.

nowadays i have to limit how much infamous i play on the hero story, because as i play in a way i become one with cole, i feel what he's feeling and he say's what's on my mind.

Tosoth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Since no one mentioned it, The Darkness. The only game that made me really sad due to what happened in it at one part, if anyone plays it, you'll soon find out why.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

Count me in for Aeris in FF7. She was a funny character, especially the two times when you see her get really mad.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm

Nier, I can honestly say Nier got me to come really close to crying. Everything in that game is kind of downer but the ending almost got me...almost.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Yowuza wrote:
Mother 3. It's tagline, "Strange, funny, heartrendering" sure is fitting...

This, Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

I have, but only because some people are careless on the internet like they don't think that there is a human being with feelings playing.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Parts of red dead redemption did it for me.

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I've cried in a game, I just can't think of any specific instances. Even if I didn't cry I did get very emotional and my friends used to make fun of me for it. I mostly played RPGs. And I think it's total bull that video games aren't an art form, even if I'm not impressed by most of the newer ones.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Mass Effect

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2011, 3:51 am

i got done with the evil side of infamous 2, and had another emotional trial. at the end, i won't spoil anything but that was the hardest battle i had to do, not in difficulty but emotional toll it put on me.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 12:35 pm

I know some scenes in videogames can be very dramatic... So yes some have been sad enough for one to cry about...
But mostly It would happen when the games didn't work... not like that so often howver..

I personally have played at least one game that had very sad scenes in it... but that made me want to play more..,
I should get back to that game... but right now I'm too into Twisted metal 3 to play anything else...

as for the sad game that made me (almost cry) I'm not going to say what it was for the sake of the guy who made the game...
It's just a funny... but at times very sad game...aslo near impossible to beat...

aslo you won't find this game anywhere... it is... hard to come across... that is all I can say...

MarkFirehaven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

Video games have made me cry before. I admit to that fully. Playing a game is no different than watching a movie other than the fact that the game is interactive. You would cry at the sad parts. You would be angry at the parts where the bad guy taunts you personally, you would because you are your character. You control his (or her) fate. Games are an art, and sometimes art is used to express feelings, which also gets to you.