Did a video game once made you cry?

Page 5 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 3:17 am

I was seriously pissed when Eli was killed by a Combine Adviser at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, but didn't really feel like crying. Now, when I had to sacrifice Kaidan on Virmire; that was hard on me. I didn't realize I liked him so much as a character until he was gone. For that whole scene in the briefing room right after the mission, I was wiping tears out of my eyes. So, yes, having to sacrifice Kaidan in Mass Effect did make me cry.

Spearghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2018, 3:30 pm

I did cry because of Pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue team near the end of the game

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 4:48 pm

I've never actually cried playing a video game but there are some games that made me feel very sad.

Silent Hill 2 was overall a depressing game. I felt so bad for the characters like James, Angela, Eddie, and Mary because I could feel what each one was going through and I understood what caused James, Eddie, and Angela to snap.

Silent Hill 3 was also a sad game especially the scene when Heather found her father murdered in their apartment. I also thought Claudia was a very sympathetic villain because she truly believed that she was doing the right thing but she also felt remorse for what she did to Heather.

Lone Survivor was a sad game once I realized what was actually going on in the end.

The Yakuza games have some sad moments whenever a likable character gets killed.

In Way of the Samurai 4 when I sided with the British Foreigners and failed to protect Laura in the end I felt very sad for her because she was just a kid and especially when I learned that the samurai may not have been able to avenge her death because "the answer was lost to time".

Fatal Frame 3 was also a sad game and I could relate to Rei because I felt depressed and isolated when I once lost somebody I cared about too (my best friend who passed away from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy).

So many sad games. :cry:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:17 pm

sErgEantaEgis wrote:
Did A Video Game Once Made You Cry?
No.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:36 am

I cried playing To The Moon. It's to date my favourite narrative based game. It's a mix of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Paprika and Inception and the entire story is just really touching and something that personally resonated with me, for reasons that are probably pretty obvious to anyone who has played the game.

I also cried on multiple occasions whilst playing Clannad. Particularly with the interactions with Tomoya when he's trying to reconnect with his son.

The Walking Dead Season 1's finale also made me cry. The ending is pretty blatantly foreshadowed, but it's still affecting.

Also The Last of Us in the intro and ending. It had some stellar acting from both the motion capture and voice actors; that and the animators really sold the moment.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:31 pm

Legend of Zelda games also had some sad moments.

In A Link To The Past I actually felt sad when I realized that the castle guards I was killing were all once good guys under a mind control spell by the main villain.

In Ocarina of Time I felt sorry for the son of the carpenter who ran away to The Lost Woods and was implied to have turned into one of the skull children because I failed to bring him the medicine he needed. I also felt bad seeing the town around Hyrule Castle destroyed 10 years later and all the zombie-like monsters which I'm sure were once the townspeople.

In Majora's Mask I felt sorry for the dead deku tree you find in the very beginning who I think was the missing son of the butler of the Deku Palace who ran away and possibly got killed by skull kid. I also felt sorry for that zora you find dying in the ocean who risked his life trying to rescue his girlfriend's eggs from the gerudo pirates who stole them. I also felt sorry for that giant skeleton general in the graveyard who gives you the mask that allows you to talk to his undead soldiers and he asks you to tell his men that the war is over and they can finally rest.

I think Majora's Mask had a lot more sad moments that I haven't even listed.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2018, 1:47 am

I cried at the end of Red Dead Redepmtion. Like seeing the end of John Marston was tough to watch. Mass Effect 3 too, partly because the ending sucked, but partly because it was rough watching the end of the trilogy. And when I finished Fallout New Vegas for the first time, I cried.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 9:13 am

In Fallout 3 I felt really sad the first time I killed Amana's father the Vault Overseer because I realized that my character's only real friend in Vault 101 would hate me forever and never forgive me.

I mean I completely understand why. He may have been a megalomaniac but he was still her father and she loved him very much.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2018, 3:01 pm

Yeah that was pretty sad. I think the saddest thing in recent Fallout games was all the stuff Veronica says about the BoS dying out. And really her tone helps a lot with that.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:36 pm

jamthis12 wrote:
Yeah that was pretty sad. I think the saddest thing in recent Fallout games was all the stuff Veronica says about the BoS dying out. And really her tone helps a lot with that.

Yeah and even returning to Vault 101 in a later subquest was really emotional after seeing the devastation done to the place and it's residence because your character's father decided to escape the vault. People you grew up with were either killed or they hated you because of what your father did.

Even when you help save the Vault it's sad that they tell you to never return again because of all the hostility they have against your character and his/her father. :(

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2018, 9:26 am

Yeah 101 was always super sad. Like these were the only people you know until you headed out into the wastes.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 10:11 am

jamthis12 wrote:
Yeah 101 was always super sad. Like these were the only people you know until you headed out into the wastes.

Killing the guards in Vault 101 while trying to escape always bugged me because unlike the generic security guards in places like Rivet City and Tenpenny Tower these guys all had names and were all known to the main character. I don't think they would have ever attempted to kill him if not for the Overseer giving the order and whenever you later return to the Vault to help Amana the guards that you didn't already kill don't even bother to attack you. They're just really angry at you and your father for what happened to Vault 101.

And these guards were all family members of the kids you grew up with. Officer Kendal was Christine Kendal's father (the shy Asian girl) and Security Cheif Hannon was Paul Hannon's father (the black guy in Butch's gang who was actually nicer to you than Butch or Wally Mack).

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 8:02 am

Yes I have cried because of video games when I was a young child and it was out of pure frustration.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

The online multiplayer game I play regularly does not require much dexterity. But there are some games where you compete with others trying to kick or grab things. And I'm so slow and clumsy at it I ended up crying over my ineptitude. Now I just avoid those areas.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 1:32 pm

The main series and Mystery Dungeon series Pokemon games are really emotional for me, and there is no lack of content in them I find incredibly moving and that gives me a lump in the throat and tears in my eyes, but as long as I don't have to speak out loud, I can usually keep the actual crying in.

The scene in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky where my partner Pokemon is crying on the beach made me cry.
It didn't help that I named my character after me and the partner after my turtle who had just died, and seeing "her" lie on the beach crying for "me" made it even more emotional than it would have been otherwise.

Apparently some people thought Lavender Town was creepy when they first played Blue/Red/Yellow. I just found it saddening. Reminding me of losses of dear pets.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2018, 5:20 pm

^^^^^ I can't agree with you more. Especially because I'm extremely nostalgic in regards to the Pokemon games, especially the 4th generation ones. Plus the music alone sometimes brings me to tears, especially the Mystery Dungeon games.