What classes did you fail in High School?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

Maths ("I promise that everyone in this class will get a C" said my teacher. I got a G. :lol:)
P.E (I hate sports)
R.E (I hate religion and my teacher was nutjob who got fired for abusing us kids)
I.T (I wasn't interested in computers back then but now I can't live without one)
P.S.H.E (I forgot what this was)
Dance (I do not dance.)
Drama (I do not act.)
Geography (One of those things that I try as hard as possible at but still fail)
Music (Most of these lessons I spent standing outside as punishment for making funny noises on the keyboards)
French (Me no speaky French!)
Spanish (I was so bad at it I was the only person in my year group that was allowed to quit it 8O)
Art (and my special talent is drawing :lol:. The majority of my GCSE class were stuck-up, horrible neurotypical creatures and my teacher was a complete b****)

In a lot of ways I didn't fail school, it failed me, for failing to understand my needs.

Screw some stupid letters on a piece of paper, it's what you can really do that matters! :D

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

I failed no classes in high school. My weak point was math though!

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 6:10 am

I failed government my senior year.

ShutUpMeg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

I failed:

Algebra I- twice. Third time I got a B!
first period PE/Aerobics -I was already considered weird I didn't want to rock the boat by having BO all day.
Half a year of Algebra II
World History -the teacher didn't teach anything, we just had class discussions and danced during class.

I got lucky getting D's in Biology, Anatomy/Physiology, and Geometry. The public school system here is an epic fail. They need to learn that not all students can learn with lazy teachers who instruct from behind a desk, and work from projectors & power-point slides.

Benbob
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jun 2011, 3:44 am

I failed all of high school :P

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2011, 3:53 am

Algebra II, but I passed it in summer school.

sfreyj
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2011, 4:57 am

The only subject I see myself as 'failing' was Biology. I swear the teacher had it in for me. I got As in every other subject, but I got a C in Biology. I remember giving a presentation which satisfied all the criteria to my usual standard, and she gave me a D as soon as soon as I finished my last word.

But anyway, our state has a system where your lowest overall subject is dropped from your final grade, so I finished with a good result, even though I didn't really need it for a Bachelor of Arts.

SakeGirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2011, 8:23 pm

Everything.

If it wasn't for the noise; the kids; the classrooms; the bullying; the claustrophobia; the enforcement, then I would of passed with flying colours.

Yes, I'm bitter about it. :lol:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

26 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

Never failed a class, although I came close to failing Study Skills (a class where the only thing you ever have to do is your homework that somehow never got done at home). Got a D- in that class.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

Even though I did not study or try at my acedemic classes I passed with a high 70's and 80's grade. But I did fail typing they sat me right next to one of my worst bullies so I spent the whole class getting punched while the teacher was not looking and my counceler would not let me drop the class for some reason. The bully did get suspended for two weeks for laughing when we got news of the Challenger space shuttle blowing up. He spit on me in front of a teacher and also was seen by several teachers beating me up and got not one day of suspension for it. :roll:

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

I was in French Immersion throughout junior high and high school, so by the time I got to high school, there was one teacher who did all of the grade 10 (and most of 11 and 12) math and science classes. She was the worst teacher I have ever had. I despised going to her class, and everyone did poorly. Up until high school I was a good student, but then problems with her and outside problems (depression, anxiety, etc) caused me to slack off a great deal. Math 10 was the first and only class I have ever failed. She gave me a 49% in that class.

I took the same class the following year with a newer teacher who was much better (but I still slacked off) and got a 60-something %.

I never did grade 11 math, then dropped out of high school in grade 12. When I went back for my high school diploma four years later, I took math 12 without ever taking math 11, and got a 96%. Guess my grade 10 math teacher really did suck!

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

T1nd1v1dual
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

None, but like the majority here, my weakness was math. Looking back, I got too many accommodations for my 'needs' since I fought to maintain a minimum of C, lol

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Never failed any of my classes, but I was AWFUL at geometry and P.E. I always got C's in P.E. and I got a D in geometry. I'm usually very good at math so it was shocking and frustrating. I just find geometry very confusing? And I do not understand why I got C's in P.E. I participated... I guess I sucked.

NextFact
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

I had so much anxiety in high school and problems with depression I failed every class with straight F's before I moved to independent study where I graduated.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

I only failed math but I almost failed Japanese in my junior year.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

I dont think its possible to "fail" here... NSW students are a part of a ranking system you see... Its probably a better deal but its harder to look at yourself at the bottom of the ladder then to look at a later letter in the alphabet... Our marks are still graded with the letters though...

anyway my rank for standard english if i can remember was 41/43 i think :? my marks were equivalent to what would otherwise be a fail

I didnt even take math as a class in my HSC years... but im sure my results and rank would have been just as embarrassing...