What classes did you fail in High School?

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

I dont think its possible to "fail" here... NSW students are a part of a ranking system you see... Its probably a better deal but its harder to look at yourself at the bottom of the ladder then to look at a later letter in the alphabet... Our marks are still graded with the letters though...

anyway my rank for standard english if i can remember was 41/43 i think :? my marks were equivalent to what would otherwise be a fail

I didnt even take math as a class in my HSC years... but im sure my results and rank would have been just as embarrassing...

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 1:51 am

Dingo7 wrote:
I dont think its possible to "fail" here... NSW students are a part of a ranking system you see... Its probably a better deal but its harder to look at yourself at the bottom of the ladder then to look at a later letter in the alphabet... Our marks are still graded with the letters though...

anyway my rank for standard english if i can remember was 41/43 i think :? my marks were equivalent to what would otherwise be a fail

I didnt even take math as a class in my HSC years... but im sure my results and rank would have been just as embarrassing...

I ended up failing subjects i even got a 19 and 20 in because they changed the curriculum the year i was to graduate so the 4 subjects i did that predated my year 12 were counted as 9/20. Grrr. I still went to uni on a full scholarship though. I am a tad bitter although my stat/ter equivalent is 99.6. I am in SA

TheCaityCat
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2011, 2:06 am

I failed my second semester of high school chemistry. I was very, very lucky to have taken and passed three other lab science classes, because you had to have three years' worth of lab science to graduate. I got an A in biology that same semester.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

Linear Algebra

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 6:38 pm

I have no idea how many classes I've failed by now. Somewhere between 2 and 5 semesters worth, mostly English and US Government. It's interesting that Aspies have problems with Science and Math, to me that seems what they should be best at, but all evidence I've seen shows otherwise. :chin:

typing-with-mittens
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Algebra was my downfall. I could do geometry and Trig, but algebra was 45 minutes of hell per day. I slept though science and history courses and got As. I didn't do well in grammar courses but I survived literature, even if I didn't read the books.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2011, 1:04 am

When I was in high school (80-83) junior high certificate (year 10) used a 1-7 grading system. 1= clinically brain dead; 7= potential genius.

I got 4s in two subjects. Everything else was less, with a 1 in business principles. Funny thing is, I don't think it was an intelligence issue. As I look back, and I consider myself now, an owner of a larger personal collection of books than the library in the nearest town, I think the issues were discipline, focus, procrastination and an inability to make a decision that I will stick with.

Njarf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2011, 1:24 am

So far I've failed Algebra 2, Spanish 2(I failed the first semester then got an A for the second) World History(I failed the first semester, then got a B second semester) PE( first semester then got a D on the second) and Chemistry(Failed the first semester then got a D on the second)

I was really depressed, and had lots of anxiety about school for the first semester of sophomore year.

FutureReflections
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

I think I failed more than one class but I'm having a hard time remembering now. I know I failed Algebra 1-2 on two separate occasions though. The first time was in 8th grade (at this point I was one year ahead of my peers). We were graded on trimesters and for some stupid reason (because we were advanced?) a C or higher was considered passing. I remember it came down to me having a 69.7% and the teacher (notoriously mean and who my mom really liked) wouldn't round me up to a C to pass. Then Freshman year I took a computer algebra course and did great the first semester and most of the second but I started to struggle with some concepts during second semester and since it was computer based with no mandatory homework I never studied in any way. I don't know if I flat out failed the final or not but I did bad enough that I had to repeat again. The next year I took Geometry even though I had failed Algebra 1-2 because I had already signed up for geometry. I did fine in geometry. My Junior year I took algebra 1-2 for the third time. By this point I knew most of the material very well and spent significant portions of class sleeping. I got 100% on the final this time and was the first male student that teacher had ever had ace the final. It only took me three tries.

I never felt like I really struggled with math that much I've just always hated homework and had a hard time with doing it no matter what class I was taking or what my motivation was. When my parents told me I couldn't start playing ice hockey (which I wanted to do more than anything) unless I kept my grades up, I couldn't. I just don't negotiate like that and making that sort of offer with me always means I will be completely demotivated. Of course, it only hurts me but I can't seem to change that personal trait. Even now at work I'm not getting as many sales as I'm supposed to and the more pressure they put on me the less motivated I am and the worse I do.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

I didn't fail any subject but that's just because where I live you can't fail subjects and go on with the semester if you fail one subject you fail all subjects for one specific semester automatically.
But I was almost at the edge since I got frequently terrible marks for maths, physics and P.E. .

I see many failed Maths and P.E. ....intresting.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 11:34 am

In the Netherlands, you get grades on a 1-10 scale. 6 is a pass. I got one 5 in high school, for arts or handicraft or whatever the English term is. It didn't matter at all, though. I did not have to take the subject for longer than one year.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

NicoleR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2011, 7:23 am

I've never failed any state examinations but I nearly failed Music. It was kind of funny because I got an A in it in the first year but I had no interest in it so I let myself nearly fail. I got a D. :) That takes tallent in my school xD

I failed maths and science nearly every year (summer tests) apart from the state examinations where I got an A in ordinary level maths and a B in Higher level Science.

I failed French and German in first year and gave both up. Again, I had no interest and I found it challenging because of the spellings etc. It's odd though because I'm an A student in English.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

I didn't fail anything, but math and physics was very difficult to me.

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2016, 2:16 pm

I got a D in Spanish 1 because I was out of school for 3 months. I was attending a special ed school during that time that I determined was a terrible fit for me, so I transferred back to my original High School. I took the class again over the summer and got an A.

Other than that, I got 6 A's, 13 B's, and 5 C's in High School (6 courses each year for 4 years, excluding Period 7 Study Hall).

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 7:32 pm

The only course I failed was Social Studies 10, because I skipped it a lot and slacked off in it. I ended up with a C+ in it in the end.

From grades 9-12, I got 5 A's, 14 B's, 4 C+'s, a C and a C-. The C- was in math 9 and the C was in Socials 10.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

I failed art for being 'too creative'. :?

I failed music because I stupidly opted to take music class before finding out how hard it was.

I failed maths and science because I've always struggled with those two (plus IT).

I passed english, although didn't get as high as an A but I still got a got a good grade.