Why are conservatives hated more than liberals?

Page 27 of 27 [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:05 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
LKL wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
We repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", and the military did nothing.

What do you expect to happen, once the military has been infiltrated by liberals and practicing homosexuals?

False, a lot of people will not serve another tour because they don't like the idea of someone trying to hit on them in the shower (since one usually doesn't have private bathrooms for every enlisted man/woman).

And yet, there are still women in the military.
http://articles.cnn.com/2008-07-31/us/m ... e?_s=PM:US
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 10,00.html
http://www.ncdsv.org/ncd_military_statresearch.html

What, Inuyasha, the men can't handle what thousands of military women are putting up with day in and day out?

As far as gay people in the shower: I've trained in Aikido for about 10 years. About half of the women in the dojo are gay, and despite 10 years of getting dressed and undressed in the locker room with these women, not a single one of them has ever made a move or even a comment that could be considered inappropriate. It did freak me out for about 30 seconds when I first figured it out, but by that time I'd been getting naked in front of gay women for 3 months and I figured that if they were well enough behaved that I hadn't noticed it until then, then I had nothing to complain about.
There are gay men and women in the military already. Lots of them. They don't generally leer in the showers or assault people. The only thing that will change is that people will now know that they're gay.

I don't think the military bathrooms are coed.

No? Why do you suppose women in Iraq stop drinking H2O after 7, then, so that they don't have to walk to the bathroom alone?
...maybe because
a)men don't pay attention to the picture of a person in a skirt when they're looking to rape someone, or
b)the bathroom itself isn't the only dangerous place?
way to miss the point, inuyasha. Quit your f*****g whining about how scared teh pooor little military mens are about teh scary, scary, gays!

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
We repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", and the military did nothing.

What do you expect to happen, once the military has been infiltrated by liberals and practicing homosexuals?

False, a lot of people will not serve another tour because they don't like the idea of someone trying to hit on them in the shower (since one usually doesn't have private bathrooms for every enlisted man/woman).
So you're saying the military should cave in to the tyranny of the masses. I'd worry more about getting my ass blown off by a bomb than getting it stared at.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

It's the gaypocalypse, I tell you. Gays in every tree, waiting; watching.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 9:44 am

This just in: we're trying to book Billy Bragg to perform at the re-education camps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjJLDjjYXMM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxALQQyaJaE&feature=related[/youtube]

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 10:31 am

dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Which is why we have infiltrated the military with liberals and homosexuals.

Must you always be so redundant all the time?

Wo-ho-ho, The Zen of Snappy Comebacks illustrated

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 11:29 pm

Philologos wrote:
dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Philologos, when far left liberals don't have a Conservative to bash they turn on each other.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 11:46 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Philologos wrote:
dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Philologos, when far left liberals don't have a Conservative to bash they turn on each other.

[not making fun of you]
You have no sense of humor do you?
do you have a problem reading context?
[/not making fun of you]

what pan-duh-bore and dio-nice-asian (god is a nice asian?)are doing is having a friendly go at each other.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 1:13 am

Precisely - dionysian does a rather good snappy comeback - JakobVirgil is no mean contender in that event himself.

But, Inuyasha, I would not go so far as to suggest you are humorless. But [I know, I keep harping on this] a LOT of communication, including musics, poetries, reasoning, and humor [amongst many others] is quite dependent on brain style.

I knew one who claimed he could at any time make ANY African laugh - he believed he had found the key to Black humor [pun]. Frankly, I do not believe it for a minute. I have seen too many classes - my own and others - where all but THESE of all but THOSE responded to a professorial joke.

From what I have seen of your posts, your mind and mine - and your mind and dionysians [I do NOT speculate about pandabear's mind though I believe it exists] - have different operating systems, and predictably different poetry and humor.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:43 am

Philologos wrote:
I knew one who claimed he could at any time make ANY African laugh - he believed he had found the key to Black humor [pun]. Frankly, I do not believe it for a minute. I have seen too many classes - my own and others - where all but THESE of all but THOSE responded to a professorial joke.

I don't know the key to African humor but can get north and east Africans rolling in just a few lines.
(different lines for Ethiopians and Keyanians)
Although the one about how every bushel bag of teff has an ethopian hiding in it seems to work for both.
for me west Africans are harder. Getting south Africans to laugh is not a struggle for anyone.

Could you PM me a link to his work I find cross-cultural humor analysis fascinating.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:43 am

Philologos wrote:

I don't know the key to African humor but can get north and east Africans rolling in just a few lines.
(different lines for Ethiopians and Keyanians)
Although the one about how every bushel bag of teff has an ethopian hiding in it seems to work for both.
for me west Africans are harder. Getting south Africans to laugh is not a struggle for anyone.

Could you PM me a link to his work I find cross-cultural humor analysis fascinating.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:10 am

dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:

The two have little to do with each other. Remember the Spartans? A queer as could be, yet they were nothing like liberals. They ran a slave state and they murder their Helot servants just for fun. They were also the best infantry that ever was and all modern infantries model themselves to some extant after the Spartans.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:11 am

ruveyn wrote:
dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:

The two have little to do with each other. Remember the Spartans? A queer as could be, yet they were nothing like liberals. They ran a slave state and they murder their Helot servants just for fun. They were also the best infantry that ever was and all modern infantries model themselves to some extant after the Spartans.

ruveyn

Including the gay part?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:15 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
dionysian wrote:
pandabear wrote:

ruveyn

Including the gay part?

Not necessarily. Mostly the part that emphasizes discipline in the ranks and defending the man to one's right. Spartans drilled and drilled. They also practiced bearing pain and privation the likes of which no modern army would put up with. That is way 300 Spartans and 1700 Acadians were able to hold off over 200,000 Persians at the Hot Gates for two days. Toughness plus good ground.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 10:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9SiDtJLaU[/youtube]

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBfqrNoFXQ&feature=related[/youtube]