Why are conservatives hated more than liberals?

Page 25 of 27 [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:31 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Quote:
quoted for evidence that the goal of some conservatives is not constructive dialogue but the muddying of waters.
Very post-modern and an effective strategy if your side does not have the logical upper hand.

The very title of this forum should tell you that there’s not going to be much in the way of “constructive dialogue” here. It’s pretty much a mudslinging room and you’ve done your share of mudslinging.

Dox47 wrote:
Quote:
In Raptor's defense, he is talking to someone who said he should be kept away from children and be legally suppressed because of his conservative politics; that's not exactly the moral or logical highground here.

LOL, that individual believes that ALL conservatives are poison, make people want to kill themselves , and therefor should be lawfully kept away from children and probably dogs, too. :lol:

JakobVirgil wrote:
Quote:
I was reading it in the local context ( I was unaware there was bad blood between the two)
But it is a effective strategy using emotionalism, patriotism, machismo, etc when there are no logical arguments to be found or the real reason is something one does not want to expose.

Bad blood? No, it’s more amusement for me than anything.
Silly me, I must have missed where I wrote in my one line reply anything that evokes emotionalism, patriotism, machismo, etc…
:roll:

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Quote:
I was reading it in the local context ( I was unaware there was bad blood between the two)
But it is a effective strategy using emotionalism, patriotism, machismo, etc when there are no logical arguments to be found or the real reason is something one does not want to expose.

Raptor wrote:
Quote:
Bad blood? No, it’s more amusement for me than anything.
Silly me, I must have missed where I wrote in my one line reply anything that evokes emotionalism, patriotism, machismo, etc…
:roll:

I did not think that there was any real bad blood
but I do think that a lot of people with untenable positions rely on muddying the waters.
and that conservatives are the party of "go team" and "why do you keep hitting yourself ?"
to be fair Stalinists are the same damn way. (bunch of deceitful bastards)
there is a bit of trollism in the more ideological camps.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

Dox47 wrote:
In Raptor's defense, he is talking to someone who said he should be kept away from children and be legally suppressed because of his conservative politics;
Well, he should be, and the attitude that he represented above should be ample evidence of such.

Quote:
that's not exactly the moral or logical highground here.
I think it's very logical. If we had all of the conservatives herded into reeducation camps and stripped of their voting rights, the country would be run much more efficiently. Democracy was a bad idea. Furthermore, I think the only moral thing to do when the future of our offspring is being sold out to the tune of pennies is to react in whatever manner is necessary to correct the problem.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Maybe, if you were to put a thought to something other than your useless partisan BS, you just might be interesting. As it is, I can barely find enough content in your posts to even respond to. I have found your views to be extremely shallow and not very well thought-out. You have been a complete waste of people's time here, and you have managed to bring out the worst in people who are otherwise civilized, intelligent and relatively open-minded.

You are not just bothersome, and you are not just wrong, Inuyasha. You are also boring.

Sorry you find facts to be nothing more than partisan bs. Guess some liberals can't stand the truth.

Furthermore, you claiming to be open-minded is a load of garbage right there, in fact all you have shown is that the most intolerant people tend to come from the left, not the right.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Maybe, if you were to put a thought to something other than your useless partisan BS, you just might be interesting. As it is, I can barely find enough content in your posts to even respond to. I have found your views to be extremely shallow and not very well thought-out. You have been a complete waste of people's time here, and you have managed to bring out the worst in people who are otherwise civilized, intelligent and relatively open-minded.

You are not just bothersome, and you are not just wrong, Inuyasha. You are also boring.

Sorry you find facts to be nothing more than partisan bs. Guess some liberals can't stand the truth.

And you are giving us "facts?" And the "truth?' Are you truthier than anyone else?

Quote:
Furthermore, you claiming to be open-minded is a load of garbage right there, in fact all you have shown is that the most intolerant people tend to come from the left, not the right.

Well, that assertion wouldn't appear to be especially open-minded or tolerant.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:10 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:

And you are giving us "facts?" And the "truth?' Are you truthier than anyone else?

Quote:

Well, that assertion wouldn't appear to be especially open-minded or tolerant.

Well thing is I have a nice little example:

Inuyasha wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Glenn Beck must have his own gas station, which charges him $5 per gallon. :lmao:

In the last 24 hours:

New York City Gas prices ranged: $3.85 to $4.59
http://www.newyorkgasprices.com/

Chicago Gas Prices ranged: $3.88 to $4.75
http://www.chicagogasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=A

This is time sensitive, if something were to happen we could see gas prices skyrocket. As I pointed out you're so fixated on claiming Glenn Beck is an idiot that you aren't actually taking the time to look at the data and consider the situation based on the facts. Quite frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Glenn Beck actually knows more about what is going on than you and your liberal cronies all put together (and he probably does). Additionally, if you read the initial post in this thread, I used a source other than Glenn Beck for the opening if I remember correctly, thus showing you seem to have Glenn Beck derangement syndrome.

And your response:

pandabear wrote:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Let the record show that I posted up factual information and an analysis while your only response was the equivalent of spam. Based on that, seems to me you have no credible argument and thus are resorting to Saul Alinsky style tactics like the ones you got warned by a moderator over in another thread.

Oh and then there is the moderator having to jump in for you crossing the line and essentially flamebaiting me though it could have been considered as you were flaming me.

You really have no business to attempt to lecture me on tolerance.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:16 pm

You and Glenn Beck are so funny, Sweetie. :lol:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm

pandabear wrote:

I suggest you cut down on the laughing gas.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I really don't need it when you're in town. :wink:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:21 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I really don't need it when you're in town. :wink:

Yeah you find me so amusing that you have to resort to flamebait/flaming.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm

:lmao: You're a hot one, all right. :lmao:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:35 pm

pandabear wrote:
:lmao: You're a hot one, all right. :lmao:

What you compared me to in a different thread was no laughing matter and I'm till waiting for an apology.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 1:57 am

WilliamWDelaney wrote:

Quote:
I think it's very logical. If we had all of the conservatives herded into reeducation camps and stripped of their voting rights, the country would be run much more efficiently. Democracy was a bad idea. Furthermore, I think the only moral thing to do when the future of our offspring is being sold out to the tune of pennies is to react in whatever manner is necessary to correct the problem.

If anyone even remotely rightist had suggested what you did every liberal and even a lot of conservatives on this forum would be screaming bloody murder for the next 15 pages. It would be interesting to see how you’d carry that plan out since we right wingers are typically much better armed and prepared. After an attempt like that it would be your kind that would be on the inside of the barbed wire looking out. :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 4:44 am

Raptor wrote:
If anyone even remotely rightist had suggested what you did every liberal and even a lot of conservatives on this forum would be screaming bloody murder for the next 15 pages. It would be interesting to see how you’d carry that plan out since we right wingers are typically much better armed and prepared. After an attempt like that it would be your kind that would be on the inside of the barbed wire looking out. :lol:

Notice how whenever he posts these types of things, all the liberals participating in the thread tend to go deafeningly silent. Now I've been accused of supporting things by silence before, usually by liberal/progressive types even, so I find this reaction to be a curious one. I really do think there are at least a handful of people here who have similar thoughts but wouldn't state them in public, while others just can't bring themselves to defend conservatives, even from utter lunacy such as this. I'm sure ambivalence plays a role as well, I mean I don't respond to every nutty thing said here that I disagree with, but I'd expect at least some repudiation of a guy that comes into threads proposing final solution type pogroms and such.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 6:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Notice how whenever he posts these types of things, all the liberals participating in the thread tend to go deafeningly silent. Now I've been accused of supporting things by silence before, usually by liberal/progressive types even, so I find this reaction to be a curious one. I really do think there are at least a handful of people here who have similar thoughts but wouldn't state them in public, while others just can't bring themselves to defend conservatives, even from utter lunacy such as this. I'm sure ambivalence plays a role as well, I mean I don't respond to every nutty thing said here that I disagree with, but I'd expect at least some repudiation of a guy that comes into threads proposing final solution type pogroms and such.

Yes, it speaks volumes about the character of the left.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

Oh, don't worry so much. All that you conservatives ever do is worry. The re-education camps won't be so bad. This isn't Vietnam.

Pretty much all you'll have to do is a few chores during the day, and, in the evening, sit around a simulated campfire and sing Woody Guthrie songs.

This land is your land,
This land is my land...