Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Kay S. Hymowitz
Love in the Time of Darwinism
A report from the chaotic postfeminist dating scene, where only the strong survive

http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_4_d ... ating.html

Interesting article.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 2:28 pm

Yes, interesting. Is this why I've had such horrible experiences before meeting my boyfriend?

My boyfriend is kind and thoughtful to those who deserve it. He sees when people (strangers or people we know) need help and gives it when he can. He gives wonderful, well thought out gifts to everyone he cares for (on birthdays/christmas), I feel I'm lucky to be on that short list of people he cares for.

This article indicates to me that if I have children that they'd have even more difficulty I did to find someone to love or even trust. It doesn't make for nice feelings for me.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 4:16 pm

I've suspected that the problems of dating would remain the same even if we quit playing video games and quit watching South Park.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Ivan_AG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 May 2011, 4:41 pm

That was depressing.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:54 pm

sgrannel wrote:
I've suspected that the problems of dating would remain the same even if we quit playing video games and quit watching South Park.

Exactly. I ain't giving up my South Park. So screw you guys, I'm going hoooome.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 4:26 am

RICKY5 wrote:
Quote:
Kay S. Hymowitz
Love in the Time of Darwinism
A report from the chaotic postfeminist dating scene, where only the strong survive

http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_4_d ... ating.html

Interesting article.

This person knows nothing about feminism or evolution, or any other concept he mentioned.

The term "Darwinism" is a huge red flag for a doozy ahead.

Quote:
Menaissance men think that women’s equality has brought real benefits, though they might not agree with women about what those benefits are. “We can have sex with as many women as we want and not have to worry about making any of them pregnant,” one of my more upbeat respondents, an SYM named Curtis, writes. “Men are having more freedom and fun than ever before in all of history as a result of this, because if there’s one thing every single man can agree upon, it’s that having sex with as many women as possible is a great thing.”

It's satire, or at least so satirical in nature it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Also. Social Darwinism? Are you effing kidding me?