Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 7:38 pm

Just got back from mowing the lawn. Only out for a half an hour and I'm sweating my you-know-whats off.

This is the feeling I get when I have a good workout. It feels great but I can't seem to get that anymore from the wiifit. I think it's because the platform is on a carpet rather than a hard wood floor.

Just really makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 7:45 pm

Sweating feels great! It's the sign of a good workout. I don't like sweaty armpits though. :eew:

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 8:08 pm

Sweating never feels good.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 8:48 pm

I love to sweat too. Always have. Somehow it is liberating. When I get back from running I look like I have been through a typhoon. ;)

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 9:18 pm

Rids body of toxins
Endorphins from exercise also feel good.
You've inspired me, I always feel better after physical activity! Thanks for reminder.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:10 am

:D

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 10:47 am

Depends what kind of sweating you're talking about. A good workout sweat? Great stuff. Having my hands wet themselves raw from hyperhydrosis? That kind sucks.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

sealion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

your skin is one of the primary detoxification parts of your body .

-Hippocrates

http://www.loselegfat123.blogspot.com

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

thewrll wrote:
Sweating never feels good.

Agreed. I hate sweating. It feels disgusting and makes me miserable. I don't dislike it as badly when it's brought on by exercise, but I still prefer swimming as my exercise of choice because it does not involve sweating. Ug, just thinking about it makes me unhappy that it's summer and I'm bound to experience some sweat every day for months. >_< And of course I understand that sweating plays a biological role, but that doesn't change the fact that I think being sweaty is one of the worst feelings there is.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 5:42 pm

You know what is the best....a good run and sweating afterwards. Yes, awesome.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 1:48 am

There are few situations that make me wanna kill myself more than exercise.
No joke.
Sweat, pain, exhaustion and feeling sick just aren't my thing-
different strokes for different folks.

to his Interest."

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm

I love when my back is drenched, right between the blades, and then I feel a cool breeze. Ahhh...

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 6:48 am

Sweating doing physical activity is joy. Sweating while standing still in the sun is a bummer.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Sweat, pain, exhaustion and feeling sick just aren't my thing-
different strokes for different folks.

Well, I definitely agree about the "different strokes". But if you feel pain, exhaustion, and feeling sick, then I'd say you're overdoing it. The old phrase "no pain, no gain" shouldn't be taken literally.

Exercising should be enjoyable. Yes, it takes effort, but the key is to start slow and work your way up. It should never be painful or make you sick.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

I was just thinking today how much more active I'd be if I didn't sweat. I really can't stand the feeling of it. I wish I enjoyed it like those of you who do. :(

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

CaroleTucson wrote:
Well, I definitely agree about the "different strokes". But if you feel pain, exhaustion, and feeling sick, then I'd say you're overdoing it. The old phrase "no pain, no gain" shouldn't be taken literally.

Exercising should be enjoyable. Yes, it takes effort, but the key is to start slow and work your way up. It should never be painful or make you sick.

Pain...it depends on the type. Aches are ok, they just mean you are pushing yourself to a new level of fitness... but pangs and spot-pain is not good, injuries. Ugh, I had some of those while U was running yesterday because I didn't stretch.

Exhaustion, I love that! (after a hard workout) any other time, and something is wrong.

Feeling sick is never ok, and something is DEFINITELY wrong.

It should be, and it should never be the wrong kind of pain.