Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PinkRangerV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2011, 10:46 pm

Sometimes I have strange meltdowns where my emotions just shut off. I feel nothing. I'm in a quiet haze of nonexistence. It goes away, but it's quite frankly creepy.

Does anyone else get that? What should I do?

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 10:49 pm

Yeah... a lot, actually, especially how I have severe anxiety and my emotions tend overload. There are things I tend to meltdown over that people would find beyond ridiculous... right now I feel like melting down because my emotions are so overloaded. I'm too lazy to go take my anti-anxiety meds. -________-;

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 10:54 pm

no. honestly I wish I could get to that point. Instead I very often whip myself into a hysteria, or rather my emotions do, and I have zero control over them.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 10:54 pm

Yes, sometimes I wish it could be permanant.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Very rarely, But what I usually have is a natural separation between my emotional and logical parts of my thinking that is so extreme that when I need to be logical my emotions become unacknowledged and moot.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 11:50 pm

Peko wrote:
Very rarely, But what I usually have is a natural separation between my emotional and logical parts of my thinking that is so extreme that when I need to be logical my emotions become unacknowledged and moot.

Same. I have no connection between the two kinds of thinking. One switches on and the other off. Can lead to very bad situations.

SolitaryConfinement
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2011, 11:57 pm

well I have had my emotions stop for many many years and now I am experiencing emotions again but just like when i was a kid they are out of whack..... like for example.... i was feeling really bad for upsetting someone but i could not stop laughing.... I mean there was nothing funny about the situation. and i could not control myself I just could not stop laughing

Hands
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2011, 2:02 am

Yes, usually after a few hours or days of really intense feelings. It's the best thing ever and sometimes I wish it would always be that way.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 2:36 am

purchase wrote:
no. honestly I wish I could get to that point. Instead I very often whip myself into a hysteria, or rather my emotions do, and I have zero control over them.

this. though it is rare that i get to that point. i have...lots of emotions constantly swirling around inside. l

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 2:48 am

I would say that about 50% of the time I'm usually unemotional. It's not uncommon at all for me. If I'm not excited about something, pissed off at someone or something, or stressed out about something, I am almost always neutral. I wouldn't say it's creepy or anything. It is just neutral. For it to be creepy, that would have to be an emotion, and not having emotions means not having them. If anything, I'd say I actually like it, because whenever my emotions are turned off I get stuff accomplished to near perfection with mind blowing efficiency. Without emotions clouding my mind, I can think clearly and effectively.

samuraiBSD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2011, 3:06 am

Yeah, that happens sometimes, largely when I'm under stress. I get called a machine a lot.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 3:29 am

PinkRangerV wrote:
Sometimes I have strange meltdowns where my emotions just shut off. I feel nothing. I'm in a quiet haze of nonexistence. It goes away, but it's quite frankly creepy.

Does anyone else get that? What should I do?

It happens quite often to me. Usually after something really intense I experience or a meltdown. I just feel nothing. I'm not sad, not miserable, not happy, not anything. It usually doesn't last long. Just a day or two. I hate the feeling though. I prefer to feel alive and not hollow inside but I guess it's my own way of dealing with intense feelings and it prevents burn-outs. Imo it's good so I learned to live with it and take it as given.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 3:40 am

This happens to me in hectic situations, where everyone is overemotional. Also when I'm tired, overstimulated or overloaded with emotions.

I really go into Terminator mode from that point on.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 1:56 pm

When I am overstimulated, or very anxious my emotions shut off.

I don't know what you should do, though. I just wait it out when it happens to me.

And it goes the other way, too - certain types of stress can make me emotional, but it's a lot rarer than the emotional shut offs.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 2:05 pm

Yes,many times i am just a mechanical being.It is fine though,many times i like it because i don't feel pain,don't care but others i want to feel.You know being insane is a great thing.Who agrees?

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 4:43 pm

Do all of my emotions ever turn off? Don't I wish!
I do have a long stretch of time each day when I feel nothing but mild background anxiety.