Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 4:38 pm

Entire contents of my closet -
3 pair of Jeans (2 blue, 1 black)
Slacks (for work)
Long-sleeve T shirts
Button-down/dress shirts
(all of the above-100% cotton. organic cotton feels amazing to me. synthetic fabric cannot touch my skin)
1 Navy cashmere sweater
1 Charcoal cashmere sweater
1 Black cotton sweater
1 Wool Coat
1 black Fedora
2 Beanies
1 Scarf
2 Swimsuits
1 Wetsuit
1 pair of Swim fins (for body boarding)
1 pair of Justin roper boots
1 pair of Doc Martin oxfords
1 pair of Nana Chelsea boots
1 pair of Hiking boots
6 Belts (4 black, 2 brown)

Unlike most of the posters, I do not change into/wear loose clothing when I am home. I cannot stand the feeling of loose clothing. All of my clothes are fitted to my body (with the exception of minimal space between button-down shirts and my waist, of course) I am quite feminine, with tailored and somewhat non-gender leaning taste in clothing and footwear. I have an aversion to fashion trends/wearing the same clothes that are 'in style'. I have a preference for dressing completely classic and somewhat contrary - Interestingly, though, I acquire much pleasure in viewing various European fashion magazines. It is like viewing art, in a sense. Ok, I'm done -

Last edited by Britte on 22 Aug 2015, 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm

^^^ you dress well :wtg:
I like bathrobes and scrub bottoms :)

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm

I typically will wear leggings or sweatpants with a t-shirt, usually something with a Doctor Who reference :mrgreen: I always wear sneakers, I have foot problems. I tend to wash everything I buy several times before wearing it because I get really uncomfortable when things are stiff.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

For me in the summer I like to balance comfort with something that shows off my body a little bit. I worked hard for this body and I got no problem flaunting it. It's also a kind of subtle way to let other guys know I am perfectly capable of holding my own if I'm messed with. So for me in the summer it's usually gym shorts and a black beater or cut-off, almost religiously. I'll wear a t-shirt if it's not scorching out, but I'm uncomfortably hot and sweaty in just about anything over 80.

In the winter I've got a lot more room to play around but usually some loose fitting jeans, I really like corduroys and blue jeans. I can't stand tight pants, especially the ones that are so tight everybody can see your junk bulge, no thank you. My favorite comfort combo would be a hoodie and some baggy sweats. I'll wear just about anything that I find appealing and comfortable, and I love trying out new things to wear. I don't follow popular trends either...seems kind of mindless to base my style off what the guy next to me is wearing...don't cha think? I mean if I like it I like it but I wont wear something I don't like just because everyone else does...

zchong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2015, 12:11 am

I just want something sensible

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:15 am

Lately I've been wearing mostly hoodies and sweatpants. It gets cold in this basement, and none of my jeans fit anymore. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:17 am

I know something of that feeling. :|

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 7:07 am

It varies OP, but mostly whatever's most comfortable, matches other things I’m wearing, and looks sharp without being too showy. Casual and relaxed, but nice.

For the most part, shorts, from January to December; can't stand pants or jeans, though I’ll occasionally wear jeans if I have to go somewhere. Usually wear a polo because of the loose collar, or anything that isn’t too tight around my neck. When I'm just making music or playing on my computer, then I'll wear whatever's lying around. When I'm going out to enjoy myself, like window shopping or seeing a movie, then I prefer something that still looks nice, but also uber casual, because I don't like standing out but I also want to fit in.

What I do want to look sharp is my outerwear, accessories, bag, and shoes. On those, I don't mind them looking trendy or fashion forward. You can get some really attractive cheap stuff at Asos, Topman, Urban Outfitters, Zara, H&M, or Uniqlo. I prefer flipflops, sandals, slip-on shoes, loafers/driver shoes, or jogging shoes. It’s very rare that I’d wear any other kind of shoe.

I'm also a brand loyalist on some things. For warm or rain softshells, fleeces, and jackets, Columbia Sportswear, and never TheNorthFace or any other brand. Jogging shoes and socks, Nike, and never Adidas or any other brand. But on most things, I tend to prefer not only whatever is on sale, but tend to gravitate towards whatever looks great while having the largest % markdown. My price ceiling is also 100 dollars, I really don't think you need to spend more than that on anything unless it's formalwear or a cool jacket you've always wanted that used to be like 2-300 bucks, with the average cost of anything I buy being between 5-30 bucks. Oh by the way... Goodwill! Find a local Goodwill thats located in an upper-class suburb lol. You'll get all sorts of second-hand merch there because rich people are always buying new spring/summer and fall/winter clothes, and they drop off last season's clothes there. Plus at my local goodwill, Nike and Columbia Sportswear hand deliver hundreds of items they weren't able to sell at their employee stores, so maybe yours might have something similar.

Also, sunglasses, because I have a hard time communicating with my eyes, or looking people in the eye.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 7:21 am

gee, mee too, I forgot to mention I always wear the special sepia-tint raybans outdoors.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:16 am

T- shirts and shorts in the summer, hoodies and jeans in the winter. I dress quite masculinely and hate overly femmy clothes. Oh and the clothes I wear outside go off the second I get home (usually they are in a pile on the bathroom floor waiting for the next day :D

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2015, 9:00 am

tshirt+jeans for everything, even 70mile bike rides in the summer lol

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2015, 9:02 am

I'm not sure that there's really any such thing as a typical aspie way of dressing. If there's one sartorial trait that separates aspies from NTs it seems - in my experience - to be that aspies tend to value comfort over style and perhaps put slightly less thought into their appearance than most NTs do, although even that is a generalization to some degree.

Then you have aspies whose choice of clothes tends to reflect their special interest, of which I'm probably one. One of my pet monomanias is the psychedelic rock of the late 60s/early 70s, and the way I dress tends to reflect that to some degree (I like paisley shirts, tie-dye t-shirts, faux-leather blazers, black polonecks etc.). I'm ok with wearing shorts and a t-shirt if it's warm enough (which doesn't happen all that often in London), and usually stick to tried and trusted black denim jeans the rest of the time. All the gloves/scarves I wear in the winter are black too.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
gee, mee too, I forgot to mention I always wear the special sepia-tint raybans outdoors.

Very nice! I should probably save up for a pair, they probably look rather clean.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm

the lenses are browner and they are more streamlined than this version, could not find my models online anywhere, they are circa 2003.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm

Those look super fresh. I've always wanted a pair of ray-bans, but I've also never gone for the sepia-tint. I think I'll give them a try, and I love the brown frames.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm

I use them as my driving glasses as the polarized lenses plus the sepia tint are exceptionally good at blocking glare. 8)