Any health threats in your "near future"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:41 am

I think I have 2 health threats. None of them are fatal but one is much more inconvenient than the other.

The first health threat is my teeth. The dentist tells me I have inflamed gums every time I go to the dentist and the last couple of times I went, they told me I had dental bone loss. I looked it up on the internet and if I remember correctly, dental bone loss doesn't happen until age 35 in most people. I think I may loose my teeth when I will be "relatively young" compared to the age at which a person would be expected to loose their teeth. I don't know if its my bad brushing habits. I mean, I brush twice a day and floss once daily. I could just be rushing it and not brushing or flossing precisely. Or it could just be bad genetics. My family has bad gums in general. Also, I like to eat stuff with lots of sugar.

The second health threat is my eyes. I have really bad eyesight and the eye doctor said that the retina in my right eye (or one of them, I forgot which one) is already thinning out and it could snap. Again, my family has bad eyesight in general but I have the worst eyes in my family. My bad reading habits (like looking too close) could contribute to my bad eyesight as well.

In terms of inconvenience, I would say having no teeth is not that bad whereas if I go blind, it is much more inconvenient. But then again, I might not go blind, there are surgeries available to attach back the retina.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 10:12 am

I've been working on my teeth in my old age (as of like 2 years ago).. Up until around 24 I actually rarely even brushed and could probably remember each time I did since I was young.

STRANGELY enough, I only needed 6 root canals and 6 more fillings, a good cleaning and I was good to go. But I've been abusing my teeth for a long time.... What I have noticed tho is people with poor diets usually have poor teeth, malnutrition and stuff. Not saying that you do, but if you came from a family with limited financial needs or always ate the same thing when younger you may have some issues because of this - or it may just really be genetics but I'm unsure of the specifics on that.

I had 12-14 fillings and 4 wisdoms that needed to come out. From this 6 of the fillings turned into root canals and crowns, and the other 6+ fillings I just had filled. I have no bone loss or issues from not taking care of my teeth for 20+ years apparently. But my wisdoms still need to come out. :cry:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 11:46 am

Nim wrote:
I've been working on my teeth in my old age (as of like 2 years ago).. Up until around 24 I actually rarely even brushed and could probably remember each time I did since I was young.

STRANGELY enough, I only needed 6 root canals and 6 more fillings, a good cleaning and I was good to go. But I've been abusing my teeth for a long time.... What I have noticed tho is people with poor diets usually have poor teeth, malnutrition and stuff. Not saying that you do, but if you came from a family with limited financial needs or always ate the same thing when younger you may have some issues because of this - or it may just really be genetics but I'm unsure of the specifics on that.

I had 12-14 fillings and 4 wisdoms that needed to come out. From this 6 of the fillings turned into root canals and crowns, and the other 6+ fillings I just had filled. I have no bone loss or issues from not taking care of my teeth for 20+ years apparently. But my wisdoms still need to come out. :cry:

I also had 4 wisdom teeth that had to get pulled out but this has nothing to do with bone loss or bacterial infection.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 11:53 am

Of course. I have 3 roots that still need to be done tho, so I do have some infection if it makes you feel better (they are already down to the core), but I dont have the money. :cry:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Nim wrote:
Of course. I have 3 roots that still need to be done tho, so I do have some infection if it makes you feel better (they are already down to the core), but I dont have the money. :cry:

So you got the teeth removed but the roots are still there?

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 2:41 pm

The decay ate all the way to the root and my gums are sensative there. In 6 months they'll probably hurt really bad. And I've got a cracked tooth in back of my mouth decaying also next to my wisdom's. Nothing as major as exposed roots tho. That would hurt like crazy. Lol. My teeth looked like holey cheese when he drilled them for fillings.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2011, 7:55 pm

I'm not aware of any at the moment but I'm going get a physical soon so that could change but I'm hoping it doesn't.
Well I guess there is a chance I could have a mental breakdown or something soon because of my delusional crush obsession on a certain idol

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 30 May 2011, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 8:27 pm

I have a feeling I'll end up with back problems eventually. I have terrible posture when I lounge in chairs. Carpal tunnel probably wouldnt be out of the question either, mostly from bad piano technique.

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2011, 11:02 pm

I have a pair of femoral aneurysms, but the doctors seem conflicted as to what implications this could have.
My teeth...neglected due to insufficient funds... I've lost 3 molars. My bite geometry has changed and my front teeth no longer touch.
oh... and i'm ejaculating blood...

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

Many:

I could gain weight, too much of the unhealthy kind
I could hurt something while running
I've always had high blood pressure, even when I was my most fit state
My grandma has a bunch of knee problems
My teeth are bad as well

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 4:27 pm

I have a highly increased chance of developing prostate cancer when I reach middle age. Prostate cancer has hereditary tendencies.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.