Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,986
Location: Den of the ecdysiasts

01 Jun 2011, 1:35 am

Lene wrote:

I was going to post those articles but you beat me to it.

But yes, Cosmo is f**king terrifying.


_________________
I will befriend the friendless, help the helpless, and defeat... the feetless?


TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,982
Location: California

01 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

Wallourdes wrote:
Recently i've been told by a female friend (not girlfriend, just a friend) that reading women's magazines like cosmopolitan could help me understand women better when looking for contact with women.

What are your experiences in this?


Women's magazines are pure fantasy. They play on women's insecurities and are full of lies.

Don't bother. Seriously.


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


mv
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,131

01 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
Recently i've been told by a female friend (not girlfriend, just a friend) that reading women's magazines like cosmopolitan could help me understand women better when looking for contact with women.

What are your experiences in this?


Women's magazines are pure fantasy. They play on women's insecurities and are full of lies.

Don't bother. Seriously.


This. ^



BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Age: 129
Gender: Female
Posts: 297

01 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

Such magazines are good for spotting women you should avoid.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,498
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2011, 10:31 am

I have read some of em when I was a teen. Women's magazines are made by women for women & it's been my experience that more than a few women are quite contradictory & hypocritical; like what they claim to want is quite different than what they actually go for so I would take what's in there with a grain of salt because they may be saying what they think sounds good for women that isn't really accurate or practical for em & most women may not take the advice or falloow what's in there. I think it would be better to read a Men's health magazine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0lTGqrn4o[/youtube]


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Location: Netherlands

01 Jun 2011, 5:37 pm

:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?


_________________
"It all start with Hoborg, a being who had to create, because... he had to. He make the world full of beauty and wonder. This world, the Neverhood, a world where he could live forever and ever more!"


hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

01 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?

not really, because we are each individuals. i don't think that any series of magazines or books ot television shows would be enough explanation to really understand an entire gender.

your friend is the best source of information, aas well as any other women you come into contact with (the woman at the lunch counter, the lady working at the library, the female neighbour). my husband has a really good idea of how to relate to women of all sorts because he spends a lot of time just talking to women.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Location: Netherlands

01 Jun 2011, 7:34 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?

not really, because we are each individuals. i don't think that any series of magazines or books ot television shows would be enough explanation to really understand an entire gender.

your friend is the best source of information, aas well as any other women you come into contact with (the woman at the lunch counter, the lady working at the library, the female neighbour). my husband has a really good idea of how to relate to women of all sorts because he spends a lot of time just talking to women.


Hmmm, I have been talking to women face-to-face for years but I am coming to the point I can't do anything more to do major improvements to better my chances on a relation except my figure (which I am currently getting back into shape, I think I have solid results at the end of the year), my blunt honesty (up to subtle honesty or just plain telling them what they want to hear :roll:) and my sober presentation of things (somehow not a lot of women are into the biological aspect of being human, but want a prettier image).

On the other side it isn't just me in this equation. it's also the women themselves. I can reach-out all I want but if the other side isn't bothering to do their part it won't work.

I am overbridging alot already, so I guess my chances must be better then before I learned all these people skills and got my life experiences.


_________________
"It all start with Hoborg, a being who had to create, because... he had to. He make the world full of beauty and wonder. This world, the Neverhood, a world where he could live forever and ever more!"


TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,982
Location: California

01 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?


Here's a radical idea... treat each woman as an individual with her own personality and preferences rather than thinking of women as a collective.

I promise we aren't looking to assimilate you. :wink:


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,033

01 Jun 2011, 8:18 pm

I love your new avatar, Wallourdes..


I find womens magazines fun and entertaining to read. But I do feel better about my body image if I avoid them.


_________________
"Caravan is the name of my history, and my life an extraordinary adventure."
~ Amin Maalouf

Taking a break.


Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jul 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,058
Location: United States

01 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I find womens magazines fun and entertaining to read. But I do feel better about my body image if I avoid them.


Me too. Although I keep having to remind myself that those women are photoshopped a lot. D:



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

01 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

what do you two read them for? the articles? or fashions and things? i used to buy the september issue of vogue every year


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,982
Location: California

01 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

I used to read them for the pictures back when I was too young to buy my own pr0n.


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Location: Netherlands

02 Jun 2011, 4:48 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?


Here's a radical idea... treat each woman as an individual with her own personality and preferences rather than thinking of women as a collective.

I promise we aren't looking to assimilate you. :wink:


Luckily i've got past that stage of seeing women as all and the same, but I am interested in the commonalities.

It's a comfort to know women aren't the Borg :lol:.


_________________
"It all start with Hoborg, a being who had to create, because... he had to. He make the world full of beauty and wonder. This world, the Neverhood, a world where he could live forever and ever more!"


TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,982
Location: California

02 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

Wallourdes wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?


Here's a radical idea... treat each woman as an individual with her own personality and preferences rather than thinking of women as a collective.

I promise we aren't looking to assimilate you. :wink:


Luckily i've got past that stage of seeing women as all and the same, but I am interested in the commonalities.

It's a comfort to know women aren't the Borg :lol:.


RESISTANCE IS FUTI... *cough sputter* So, how's it going? :P

Commonalities; boobs, vagina... uh


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Location: Netherlands

02 Jun 2011, 10:30 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
:?, any other recomendations besides what Janissy said about Chelsea Handler?
Other mediums or certain people?


Here's a radical idea... treat each woman as an individual with her own personality and preferences rather than thinking of women as a collective.

I promise we aren't looking to assimilate you. :wink:


Luckily i've got past that stage of seeing women as all and the same, but I am interested in the commonalities.

It's a comfort to know women aren't the Borg :lol:.


RESISTANCE IS FUTI... *cough sputter* So, how's it going? :P

Commonalities; boobs, vagina... uh


:lol: I'm more talking about behavioural and mental commonalities.


_________________
"It all start with Hoborg, a being who had to create, because... he had to. He make the world full of beauty and wonder. This world, the Neverhood, a world where he could live forever and ever more!"