Do you cry more easily than most people?

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Are you easily upset to the point of crying?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 52 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 24 ]
I'm not sure 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 83

IsThatYouJohnWayne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2011, 9:32 am

Do you mean cuz of autism

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

From my childhood, I recall that I cried when Scar threw Mufasa off of the cliff. my family still rib me about that. My eyes water when I hear something sad, but am more easily brought to streaming tears when I hear about people doing great good - as it is not the human norm, or when I hear someone else tear up when their hearts are heart or warmed by kindness, compassion, caring, love, etc.

So yea, I guess I cry for people. Except for a dead-person... which I don't know why, but I can't cry for someone who died. Unless of course it was either of my parents, then that would be a different story.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

The Intense World Theory resonates with me. Any good film with pathos makes my tears flow. I don't know if I am ASD or not, but I have some traits. Instead of a lack of empathy, I am too empathetic. That is why I believe the Intense World Theory. I believe, in other words, that Aspies don't lack empathy, they have so much that they avoid engaging with others to avoid the extreme empathy which would result.

MisterJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

I tear up in a lot of those 'awe' moments in quite moving or sad programs, but I can't say that I have ever cried out of sadness. I tend to cry when I am extremely angry or very over stimulated, but I think that's something altogether different than crying for sadness. I've never cried over a death of a family member, even when it upsets me.