Do you cry more easily than most people?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you easily upset to the point of crying?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 52 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 24 ]
I'm not sure 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 83

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2011, 6:13 am

i cry when i'm happy more than i do when i'm sad. sometimes i'll see something very sweet or beautiful and it moves me to the point of tears. i am easily affected by the sadness of others though even in books or movies. it seems i cry for fictional people more than i do for real ones.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

I cry way too often at a range of things. It's ridiculous because often the reasons are so minuscule and nothing to cry about like defending myself in a small argument.
I still cry at physical pain like a kid does.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 10:40 am

MONKEY wrote:
I cry way too often at a range of things. It's ridiculous because often the reasons are so minuscule and nothing to cry about like defending myself in a small argument.
I still cry at physical pain like a kid does.

^This!^

D:

Tripped over in public about three weeks ago... Not only embarassing, but I was teary eyed too D:

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2011, 11:07 am

I put "I'm not sure", because I don't often have cause to be that upset.

However, I will say that up until I was 13, I cried so easily that I couldn't control it while it was happening-- I had to wait it out until it ended on its own. It's like it was a reflex bent on terrorizing me.
Oh god, it was embarrassing.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

It depends on what's gotten me upset. With some things, yes. Others... it's much harder.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

Hmm, I try to recollect. I cry easily when I'm having a deep emotional disturbance, like in that period in which I could say I had a girlfriend, with whom I had a lot of skirmish, in a state of some kind of love and hate. A very very desperate and mixed bag of feelings, which I wasn't prepared to deal with at all. This was the part of my life when I cried the most. It happened a couple of times that I wasn't able to suppress crying before my colleagues, which was quite an embarrassment to me, since I'm a male and I have no less than 38 years behind me.

I don't always cry when I should, and cry when I'm supposed better not to. I cried over the death of my sister's dog, a boxer, but didn't cry when my grandmother died after a series of suffering, instead I felt relieved because this was logical, I guess. It was hard to see what miserable conditions she had to go through, and I didn't have the means to help her out or at least ease her struggle.

Sometimes I cry for no definable reason, like when I felt myself victimized by AS for a period I guess, tears started rolling down my cheeks involuntarily. Other times, listening to music that either make me recall sad memories or which simply expresses the pain of the world in some way make me cry. These tunes are not necessarily sad songs by their intention or nature, it's me who makes them feel that way.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 5:01 am

I used to, but not anymore. I guess I've just gotten stronger. Once in a while though, I will get weak again and cry over silly things.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 8:09 am

Actually, no.
Even being an adolescent female. 8)

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

Hmmmmm, is this an un-biased poll iyo?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

i get teary-eyed or have a little bit of tears often - every day at least. these episodes tend to be illogical. there is a tv show that makes me emotional every episode, but my husband and daughter cannot anticipate which scene will cause me to cry. but bawling or sobbing only happens at times when it makes sense, like a rationally sad event. i cry way more since i stopped taking anti-depressants as i am more emotionally reactive and i am less protected from external events. i prefer it this way.

Last edited by hyperlexian on 03 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

03 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

No.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

Depends.

My meltdowns are uncontrollable crying - they're triggered by either not having freedom of choice or by confrontation - but to NT's it may seem like I'm getting upset over very little. However in general I don't cry easily, things that most people would cry at such as loved ones dying don't cause me to cry at all, often things such as a sad story may make me a little teary-eyed, but in general it's hard to get me crying.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

Yes.
I cry when people are mad at me or if I think they are mad at me. I have improved some though.
I cry when characters in movies or books are crying...or even if they are not and their emotions are too strong. Then I over-identify and cry the way I do when my own emotions are too strong.

My crying spells are short and I can stop them. But they still happen. At least they are getting less frequent though.

Someone asked if crying at the end of happy movies is normal. I can't answer that but it doesn't mean you are alone.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jun 2011, 4:54 am

Yes, I feel im on the verge of crying almost all the time, my tears well up my eyes often. Im not sure whether it's sensitivity or Depression.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 5:14 am

Generally I am not the crying type. I only cry when I've exhausted any other sources for fixing the situation that has caused the distress in the first place. Needless to say, I don't get relief from tears, I get even worse after crying as I know that there is no viable solution to the problem.

I am moved very easily to tears, however, by music, literature and movies. Again, I do feel upset for some time afterwards.

MrBoob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2011, 7:08 am

Yes. Always been very sensitive. At school I would cry every day, over "little" things whether physical pain or emotional frustration. Sometimes even I didn´t know the reason why I was crying but it usually made me feel better. I still feel like crying a lot (reasons vary from having to move residence to breaking my mp3-player) but I have learned to control it (both ways - I can also cry whenever I want to, just by thinking something very emotional to me) and I rarely cry hysterically anymore, though whenever in need of comfort that is pretty much all I can do. There´s plenty of music that makes me want to cry, and I can´t watch pretty much anything on tv without getting tears in my eyes. I tend to get very sentimental.