Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 10:34 pm

having a conversation (over facebook) with someone, who is looking for an argument by trying to find any fault whatsoever with someone or something, usualy derived from his or my status. for example, i fb that the train is late all they want to do is pick holes with why i get the train, and somehow the train being late is my fault etc

and then when i try to re-explain the situation, somehow i am being snidey...

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2011, 11:25 pm

Why are people weird? Mostly because the world is weird. Every living thing behaves weirdly if you think about it too much. That goes for goldendoodles, poodles (those especially), fish, praying mantids, sparrows, hawks that get chased away by sparrows, scary-eyed cats, venus flytraps, people with the username ChrisVulcan...

As for jerks on the internet, good results can sometimes be obtained by treating them like what they think doesn't matter. Monosyllabic responses like "lame" are often best. Sometimes scathing facetious comments (like "Thank you for your patience" to someone who is being impatient) will work, especially if you're in a position to un-friend them or otherwise get rid of them.

Watch Doctor Who!

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 11:34 pm

i also know them IRL so to speak.

always wanting to argue, and obv not wanting to lose the argument. so im guessing instead of losing the argument, whatever it is becomes my fault. ie when the train was late is my fault for being early as that somehow affects the space-time continuum.

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 11:42 pm

My brother is like that especially if he's had a few beers.

FunkyDarkKnight
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2011, 4:12 am

I think they argue because they want something to win, because there are X of them and 1 of you. And no-one is weird, everyone is just different, weird is if you act outside the average expectations society expect you to be, but everyone has their own definition of weird so don't let it bother you :)

Aldran
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2011, 5:23 am

People just are. They're weird to you, but ok to themselves, or they wouldn't be the way they are. Very few people exhibit behaviors they have gross problems with without being forced to, in my experience.

As far as your friend is concerned, the possibilities are only limited by what you know about why he is the way he is. What do you know about his past? Is this a once in awhile thing? or more often? Daily? Is it worth your time to put up with someone that, from what you said, is constantly questioning your reality?

Presumably you're here asking the question you did because you either want to understand it as a means of accepting it, or you're having a hard time dealing with it (Please feel free to correct me if Im mistaken)? To which my response would be to call him on it the next time he does it. Ask him about it, and don't let go of it. If its something like a defense mechanism for him that hes constantly doing, he may not want to answer, at which point you pretty much have to decide whether to continue putting up with it or not......

Either way, only you can learn enough about your friend to actually answer the question you've asked.....

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 5:33 am

We're all weird... Some of us are REALLY weird though. They go running around claiming they're normal or something like that. Weirdness denial, its a problem ;3