Relationship Status Indication System

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2011, 4:57 pm

I have had this idea for a while and i think society should adopt it as a status quo. There should be a system where everyone should have some sort of an identification on them indicating their relationship status. Now, i would keep the usual identification parameters such as engagement/wedding ring in place but i would like to see something like a blue pinky ring to indicate to anyone that this person is single and looking or red pinky ring to indicate to anyone that this person has a boyfriend/girlfriend.

I got this idea since i am always i to talk to a girl and i would always be afraid to ask her of her relationship status. If such a system would exist, it would take alot of guess work and frustration out in finding a mate. This is no means to "ghettoize" people by relationship status but as an indication system since us aspies have a hard time picking up hints about a person's relationship status and something that ca be represented visually would help out tremendously!

What do you think of my idea?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

That's definitely a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

I vaguely remember some sort of similar system to that with bracelets that were a craze for a while?

&you should go to a traffic light party

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

There are already voluntary social systems like this that exist in other countries. Such as wearing your hat in a certain way in India to indicate being single or married or having a boyfriend/girlfriend. I think it's India where that happens anyway. As long as this system is voluntary I personally don't have a problem with it but if you are suggesting it should be mandatory then I strongly disagree with it.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 5:31 pm

What color rings would people who are married but looking for sex on the side wear?

How about couples who are looking for a second wife, what color do they wear?

What about Dominatrixes who are looking, but only for a male slave, what is their color?

How about lesbians looking for other lesbians only?

And big black men who only want to date tiny Asian girls?

...........just how many colors would there need to be?

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
What color rings would people who are married but looking for sex on the side wear?

What about Dominatrixes who are looking, but only for a male slave, what is their color?

maybe sloganed t-shirts would avoid confusion

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2011, 5:36 pm

Most people can interact effectively through verbal communication so I don't see that this system will ever become popular unless the majority of society becomes ineffective at verbally communicating. Saying that you think the idea should be accepted as 'status quo' doesn't seem realistic to me.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2011, 7:40 pm

The pinky ring idea is just one many ways of how this system could be implemented, it doesn't HAVE to be with rings. You can dye your hair with a combination of any 6 colors to indicate to the person what your relationship status would be or we can use lawn gnomes in front of your yard of different sizes to indicate your relationship status. The edge of the universe is the limit!

MollyTroubletail wrote:

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

Keep in mind this would be in an "ideal" world and this system is solely and verbal communication and socializing aren't our most strong points and this system would be more tailored toward us aspies and not something EVERYONE should adopt.

5264443377776444844 wrote:
Most people can interact effectively through verbal communication so I don't see that this system will ever become popular unless the majority of society becomes ineffective at verbally communicating. Saying that you think the idea should be accepted as 'status quo' doesn't seem realistic to me.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 6:07 am

Never mind that lots of people will claim to be in other groups for their own benefit, as happens now.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

To make such a thing compulsory would be ridiculous and abusive, if it's voluntary you're back where you started. Some don't even like wearing wedding rings and a lot of people don't check for them anyway. Plenty of men hit on women despite them wearing a wedding ring :shrug: