Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

I've also looked up my real name as well. I was quite alarmed at the things that popped up.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

Fudo wrote:
i think i may have to, it's very cool. mostly instrumental & very long.. only halfway through.
thanks for the push :)
i fear i've said too much though.. :?

probably. i'm lurking in your bushes as we speak.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 5:20 pm

is that a euphemism..? :lol:

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 6:32 pm

Kaybee wrote:
sluice wrote:
8.1 million results

8O Wow! Common name? Or were those mostly partial results?

Reduces it to about 48000. My name isn't common in my region, but apparently I share it with several people around the country, and most likely it is common in the country where my father's name is from. There is a young filmmaker out of New York who has several of his movies online that I just discovered. A couple of student films and what appears to be music videos for local groups. Pretty cool, though I was hoping I was special.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

At least 2 guys with exactly the same name and surname, living in different states, all of them enlisted in some of the best universities in the country.

I'm even more irrelevant than I thought. At least for now.

kepheru
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2011, 8:02 pm

My real name is must be pretty common, because I couldn't find myself on google :P . Lucky me, I guess

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

whoa dude, creepy... somebody wrote a Wikipedia article about me.... 8O

"Acacia is a genus of shrubs and trees belonging to the subfamily Mimosoideae of the family Fabaceae, first described in Africa by the Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus in 1773. Many non-Australian species tend to be thorny, whereas the majority of Australian acacias are not. They are pod-bearing, with sap and leaves typically bearing large amounts of tannins and condensed tannins that historically in many species found use as pharmaceuticals and preservatives."

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

A couple of phone book type websites with my name and address. (one of which says I own a company with revenues of $150k yearly and have two employees?? I could de without the employees- just giveme the money))

My Life website, of which I am not a member.

And apparently there is a saint in the catholic church with the same first and last name as me and from the same part of eastern europe where my family is from.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

I couldn't find anything related to me. I suppose that is a good thing.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

When I search for myself I find facebook, a few reviews I've written, somethings from nearly 10 years ago, and a bunch of people who aren't me. Honestly I had no idea my name actually existed with that many other people out there--it is not really common--well, my last name especially.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

My real name has some crazy irish lady who makes predictions so there are like 1042 matches lol.

My user name pop's up lots of classical music stuff and 1331 Solvejg. There are even wiki pages. :P

So I'm never in a rush

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 10:00 pm

I googled my real name, and read personal info on 11 people that I have never met before - doctors, lawyers, university professors, and one guy who holds several patents in communications technology.

Basically, I'm just a footnote.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 10:06 pm

In all fairness I try to make myself searchable...although this has not always been wise.

My real name is rare, what comes up for me is my Livejournal (friends-only), LinkedIn and 192.com (no info), MySpace page, missing person report I posted for my brother, Google profile (only shows my town), Amazon.com list, a few petitions relating to sanitary protection, a few posts on Acronis software support forums, a few mentions of me on Easyway sites. No result for my Facebook page, which is a little odd.

I'm sure if someone had the drive they could find out a fair bit of information on me, some I'd not like widely known...but then there are few people you could tell that it would be any sort of issue, and it's obviously not that privet if public online. I'm actually not as easy to find as I thought I was. As for my username, it's not exactly going to be that rare and it's named after a song so I'm pretty safe there.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 10:39 pm

sluice wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
sluice wrote:
8.1 million results

8O Wow! Common name? Or were those mostly partial results?

Reduces it to about 48000. My name isn't common in my region, but apparently I share it with several people around the country, and most likely it is common in the country where my father's name is from. There is a young filmmaker out of New York who has several of his movies online that I just discovered. A couple of student films and what appears to be music videos for local groups. Pretty cool, though I was hoping I was special.

I believe this is where I insert a comment about you being special to us. ;) Really, though, it does feel kind of neat knowing that only five people in the country share my name. I did expect to be the only one, though--it's a very uncommon surname. Still, it's nice to find random things like film-makers who share your name. :)

Fudo wrote:
i think i may have to, it's very cool. mostly instrumental & very long.. only halfway through.
thanks for the push :)
i fear i've said too much though.. :?

I haven't the slightest what it is, but I'm terribly un-hip. >_> Glad you like the song which shares your namesake, though. :) I only know one song which almost has my name, and I think it kind of suits me.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 11:33 pm

Google my real name and you find the website of the firm I work for. From there people can call me at work and breathe heavy down the phone, or wait for me outside the office in a dark corner of the parking lot.

Google my WP username and you can find a few other forums I'm on as well as threads I made in The Haven which I wish didn't exist (another reason that section should be members only). So much personal mental s**t! But oh well, that's the internet for ya :?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jun 2011, 4:06 am

I must have a common name. I got links to lots of social sites & I don't use any of em

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition