Why have philosophy & religion w/ politics?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 11:00 am

Philologos wrote:
As PRACTICED here, there is relatively little mutual informing.

Here at PPR, we do relatively little informing of any kind, much less mutual. It seems like the most capable, are the least willing. And vice versa.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm

dionysian wrote:
Philologos wrote:
As PRACTICED here, there is relatively little mutual informing.

Here at PPR, we do relatively little informing of any kind, much less mutual. It seems like the most capable, are the least willing. And vice versa.

Those who have the least to say seem to post most often ... and vice-versa.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

I have to confess that I, miserable product of an effete enclave in a bastard culture, am too specialized to contribute significantly to political, much less philosophical discussion. In fact it is not all that many years ago I was asserting that politics is the pursuit of the feral and philosophy solitaire without cards.

Still, I do dip into the least off-putting political posts and have gleaned an interesting insight here and tried to deposit a titbit from my experience here and yon as seemed relevant.

Most of it, though, is in the area of language usage - I yam what I yam and I knows fit I ken.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 2:18 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
a forum for religious aspies would be nice. Religion isn't always to be debated between theists and atheists, sometimes people would prefer to talk about religious matter with other religious people without someone equating God to a pink unicorn under your bed.

This I can understand, but I'd probably push for PPR to remain PPR, and just add a forum, if this is possible.

After all, I can't see removing religious issues from PPR. I also don't think philosophy is really a bed-buddy with the spiritual/personal elements of religion. People often think so, but... a lot of philosophy is really argumentation.

i also prefer they keep ppr the same, just - as you said - add a forum for religious fellowship. I'm not sure if it would be a self-sustaining forum though - I know I would post in there regularly as there are a lot of rich philosophical topics I'd like to explore, but I don't know if we have the numbers to keep it going though we'd probably see more daily visitors then the fitness forum.