non-existent 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
intuitive 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
thought out in advance 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 8:02 am

Those rare times when you find yourself doing something that Aspies aren't supposed to be able to do, just for a moment you're getting it right. Yes I know they don't last, but here I'm more interested in how they start......with me they really seem to come out of nowhere, just a flash of inspiration about what to say or what to do.

I first noticed it when I'd been tidying my room, and I looked round what I'd done and said to myself "that's enough for now." Usually I'd have tried to continue until everything was perfectly tidy, and then I'd have tried to create a unified field theory of tidying up, finally exhausted myself, felt unable to go on, and felt bad about myself for having such a useless brain. But on that occasion, it was as if somebody else had occupied my head for a few moments.

It didn't feel like it connected with any of my prior thinking about how I go wrong when I try to tidy up. It felt like magic. I didn't know about AS in those days.

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2011, 9:11 am

I find a lot of my decisions are intuitive. That's not to say I don't think them out first but the final decision is likely to be just what "feels" right.