Page 353 of 413 [ 6595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356 ... 413  Next

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 6:54 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Documentaries on murderers Gary Gilmore and David Berkowitz ('Son of Sam'). These were originally transmitted on the Biography channel in the late 1990s. Does the channel still exist?

This might help.
Wikipedia: Biography

I read it very fast, which for me is an oxymoron. I cannot read anything really fast without forgetting stuff I sort of just read.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 7:41 pm

Wild Wild West
Season 1, episode 3 - The Night the Wizard Shook the Earth - on Me TV

IMDB: Wild Wild West wrote:
Black clad men clamber over each other and up the wall to a high window, entering the United States Mint at Carson City. They plant a bomb and leave without taking any of the money. Jim West and Artemus Gordon must learn why they broken in and who masterminded the plot before economic chaos overtakes the United States.

Titan TV one sentence description wrote:
West and Gordon try to protect the life of a demolitions expert who has invented a new explosive for the U.S. government, but they fail when he is killed by Dr. Miguelito Loveless, a dwarf who plans to seize control of California.

Michael Dunn as Dr. Loveless, one of my favorite Wild Wild West characters. This was his first of his ten appearances.
Richard Kiel as Voltaire, Dr. Loveless's giant Muscle/right hand man. His first of his three appearances as Voltaire.

I always enjoyed the SciFi aspect of the show. When I kid, in the '60s, I would sometimes catch it on television. In the '70s I would watch it religiously on Saturday afternoons. Then I saw Robert Conrad on some show in the '80s, not Wild Wild West related, and I thought he was a total a-hole, a "Man's Man". In hindsight, it is possible he was playing up being a macho sexist. I didn't realize he died in 2020. He was 84. R.I.P.

Michael Dunn was 38 when he died. :(

Wikipedia - Michael Dunn (actor) - Personal Life wrote:
He developed into a dedicated philanthropist toward children with dwarfism who would write fan letters to him confiding their loneliness and despair. According to [Phoebe] Dorin, Dunn often traveled to visit such children at his own expense, delivering encouragement to them and stern counsel to overly protective parents.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

The Power Game

First three episodes from series 1 (1965-66). Patrick Wymark plays industrialist Sir John Wilder, the joint-managing director of a construction company. He's a ruthless and devious operator, who has to work with and against the members of his own board and deal with politicians.

He's married to Pamela (Barbara Murray), but is having an affair with Susan (Rosemary Leach), a high-flying economist at the National Export Board. Pamela is having an affair with Frank, one of Wilder's business associates. Not sure what the situation is with Frank's wife. The way these people carry on, it's no wonder British industry declined so spectacularly in the post-war period.

Wymark died of a heart attack in Australia in 1970, aged 44.

Last edited by DeepHour on 23 Jan 2023, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 10:28 am

pcgoblin wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
Documentaries on murderers Gary Gilmore and David Berkowitz ('Son of Sam'). These were originally transmitted on the Biography channel in the late 1990s. Does the channel still exist?

This might help.
Wikipedia: Biography

I read it very fast, which for me is an oxymoron. I cannot read anything really fast without forgetting stuff I sort of just read.

Thanks for that! So, as far as I can work out, the channel does still exist, though in a changed and reduced format.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 1:02 pm

Ghosts: The Christmas Spirit, Part One
Season 2, episode 9

Quote:
When Jay's sister Bela returns to Woodstone Mansion for a holiday visit and brings a male friend, Samantha makes it her mission to spark a holiday romance between them; the scheme Jay's sister and the ghosts conjure up goes awry.

Ghosts: The Christmas Spirit, Part Two
Season 2, episode 10
Quote:
Sam and Thorfinn get caught in the crossfire as the scheme Jay's sister Bela and the ghosts have conjured up goes awry.

Ghosts: The Pefect Assistant
Season 2, episode 10
Quote:
Sam and Jay need an assistant, and they find one who seems perfect, but what if the ghosts could prove that he isn't so perfect? Meanwhile, Thorfinn keeps trying to be a good father to his son.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 7:51 pm

Let The Right One In.
The Orville.
The Last Of Us.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 11:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Let The Right One In.
The Orville.
The Last Of Us.

How far are you with Let The Right One In? I know I've seen it, but didn't finished it because I canceled Showtime. I remember I was playing World of Warcraft Classic at the time. I remember exploring some caves in one of the towns in Westfall when the dad first went in search of blood. I only mention that because it seems like ages ago, but it must have been October. I don't remember much else. Are you enjoying it? I think I enjoyed it. I liked the two movies.

I just watched The Good Doctor live on TV. That's rare. I usually watch it the next day or later on Hulu.
Anne Dudek played a mom in the episode. I tried to verify that while watching by looking it up in IMDB, but she was not listed. I had to wait for the end credits, BUT they snuck the credits past me when showing previews for next week. I'm pretty sure it was Anne Dudek. I've seen her is so many programs over the last twenty years. But the show is not listed under her IMDB listing and she is not listed under the show's listing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 1:34 am

pcgoblin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Let The Right One In.
The Orville.
The Last Of Us.

How far are you with Let The Right One In? I know I've seen it, but didn't finished it because I canceled Showtime. I remember I was playing World of Warcraft Classic at the time. I remember exploring some caves in one of the towns in Westfall when the dad first went in search of blood. I only mention that because it seems like ages ago, but it must have been October. I don't remember much else. Are you enjoying it? I think I enjoyed it. I liked the two movies.

I just watched The Good Doctor live on TV. That's rare. I usually watch it the next day or later on Hulu.
Anne Dudek played a mom in the episode. I tried to verify that while watching by looking it up in IMDB, but she was not listed. I had to wait for the end credits, BUT they snuck the credits past me when showing previews for next week. I'm pretty sure it was Anne Dudek. I've seen her is so many programs over the last twenty years. But the show is not listed under her IMDB listing and she is not listed under the show's listing.

Not too far, to be honest. I started watching it around Halloween, then sort of forgot about it. Then my wife reminded me that we hadn't finished it.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 3:25 am

TLOU

loving it

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 9:46 pm

Night Court (2023)
Season 1, episode 3 - Just Tuesday
Still enjoyable. (Dan Fielding is sited for contempt and Judge Abby has a setback)

American Auto (2023)
Season 2, episode 1 - Crisis
First time I've seen this show. It is very funny.

American Masters: Roberta Flack (2023)
I have some 45s of Roberta Flack, but I did not know anything about her. Awesome documentary and person.
I really need to expand my music collection.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 8:19 am

Series 1 of The Shield.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm

The Power Game, Series 1, Episode 4 (1966)

Caswell Bligh, the founder and chairman of Bligh Construction, decides to try his hand in politics and puts himself forward for selection as the Labour Party candidate in a bye-election. He is then persuaded by his family to withdraw, but it's too late, and he gets as far as the final ballot, only to be narrowly defeated. It's an interesting episode, as it throws some light on the practices and attitudes within Harold Wilson's Labour Party at the time.

There's a funny bit after the selection meeting, when Bligh catches a public bus just outside the party headquarters, then disembarks a mile or two down the road to get into his chauffeur driven Bentley.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 7:39 pm

Here are the opening titles for 'The Power Game'. Note the dramatic and grandiose fanfare-type music for the male characters, which gives way to dreamy violins for the females. Rosemary Leach's fluttering eyelids are quite funny too.

A fairly amusing contemporary comic skit on 'The Power Game'.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 12:23 am

Finished the DCAU.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

The Power Game, Series 1, Episode 5 (1966)

Sir John Wilder is really an unbelievably manipulative character. In this episode he's scheming to double cross both his chairman (Caswell Bligh) and his fellow joint-managing director (Kenneth Bligh) by pitting them against each other, and he's also playing mind games with his mistress (Susan Wheldon) to bluff her into continuing to give him access to confidential departmental documents. Even with the luxury of being able to replay sections of the dvd, I'm still struggling to get my head around what exactly he's up to.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 3:38 am

The Brittas Empire Series 3 Episode 2 Part 3 of 3

Sherlock Holmes Movies | The Case of the Diamond Tooth (1955) | Sherlock Holmes TV Series