Page 352 of 410 [ 6546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355 ... 410  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:55 am

The Hunters - Episode 1 Season 2
Alternate history 1970’s Nazi Hunters

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 6:33 pm

Finished watching High Fidelity.

It's so much better than the film.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 6:53 pm

The Last Of Us -

Pretty decent horror/sci-fi show, considering that it's based on a video game. A seemingly alternate timeline, starting in the 1980's, then moves to 2023 during a zombie apocalypse started by a fungus that takes over a human host.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 8:22 pm

An episode of Whicker's World from 1977.

Alan Whicker was a British TV journalist who fronted a long-running weekly show in which he travelled the world interviewing well-known and not so well-known people. The shows on my DVD are described as 'quintessential', a word that annoys me for some reason. Some people could probably not take Whicker very seriously after Monty Python did a memorable satirical sketch about him in the early 1970s, LOL.

The theme of this particular show is Mormonism, and it features the sister of Butch Cassidy, The Osmonds, hydrogen powered vehicles and other things.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 3:47 am

The Last Of Us. sensational

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:56 am

Biscuitman wrote:
The Last Of Us. sensational

I agree.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 10:38 am

been excited for about a year looking forward to it and been following the production of it as it went along. The last week dragged as I was waiting for it

it did not disappoint!

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:44 pm

The new Night Court with Melissa Rauch as Judge Abby Stone, daughter of the late Harry Stone.

John Larroquette returns as Dan Fielding, who has switched sides from the prosecuting attorney to the public defendant. That in itself is funny as funny as I imagined it would be.

I enjoyed it. It has a very similar feel as the original without feeling forced. That was nice.

They aired the first two episodes, I missed the Pilot, because I was focusing on some research. I'm counting on Peacock posting the first two episodes tomorrow and not charging for the first episode.

After Night Court, I watched episode 24 of season 5 of The Big Bang Theory. Howard goes to space. I've seen this before, but what I noticed this time is the Russian astronaut is played by actor Pasha Lychnikoff. This was nice because I've only seen him play Russian gangsters. He has played other things as well, but I have not seen them. That is the only reason I'm mentioning it. I've been binge watching it and didn't want to mention ever episode, or season... :)

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 7:38 am

Watched episode 1 of the new Night Court. I enjoyed it. John Larroquette picked up as Dan Fielding without missing a beat.

I noticed that Pamela Fryman directed the first episode. She directed How I Met Your Mother, a show I liked.
I watched it on Peacock, and as I suspected, the first episode is free. Episode 2 requires subscribing to NBC's service. So I it's good I watched episode 2 in real time on over the air television last night. It is too bad though because often episode 1 of any new show feels a bit awkward. That is true for Night Court as well. Episode 2 felt more comfortable. Episode 1 was not bad, but since both 1 and 2 were aired the same night, it would be better for Night Court and NBC if both episodes were free. It would provide a more complete view of the show.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 7:54 am

Starting Severance, and currently nearly halfway through Season 5 of House.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 9:08 pm

Technically, I have not watched it yet. I am watching it.

The Big Bang Theory

Season 6, episode 21

Sheldon is furious because Alphas has been cancelled. That is what I sounded like at the time, although I did not call the SyFy Network. I did want laws passed so network would stop cancelling shows without resolution.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:17 am

Our Flag Means Death episode 10. An interesting and poignant end to the series. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to series 2, I hope it doesn't get too pretentious and melodramatic. But I love Stede Bonnet! I've gone off Blackbeard because of what he did to Lucius!

Vikings Valhalla series 2 episode 6. I love this series! I wasn't too concerned about series 1 but I think we've got to know all the characters now. The boat storyline is brilliant- Harald Hardrada and Leif Erikson taking a motley crew to Constantinople and facing terrible dangers along the way. A classic plot and it's fantastic!

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

Just finished Jack Ryan & Servant both Season 3

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The Hunters - Episode 1 Season 2
Alternate history 1970’s Nazi Hunters

Can't wait to binge season 2.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 2:27 pm

X-Files - 1993
Season 1, episode 7: Ghost in the Machine

When A.I. gets a murderous mind of its own.

IMDB: X-Files - Ghost in the Machine wrote:
On Halloween, Mulder and Scully investigate the death of a corporate executive who may have been murdered by a thinking computer.

Here is a spoiler that doesn't say much. The actor Blu Mankuma is in this episode and from the moment I saw him I did not trust him because in ten years, 2003, he would take the soul of George Lass before she becomes a grim reaper. As she was his last soul, he got to move on. Rube would later say he was not sorry to see him go because he was a pain in the ass. Rube may have said "rear." I trust Rube. :) *

* Referencing Dead Like Me. I think episode 1.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 4:39 pm

The Outer Limits (2001)

Titan TV one sentence description wrote:
The athletically-challenged members of a high-school wrestling team are taken aback by the startling and disturbing side effects when they begin taking some new performance-enhancing drugs given to them by their new coach.

This episode had a few actors I recognized from other roles.

Shawn Ashmore played the son of the couch. I know him primarily from from X-Men as Iceman.
His best friend is played by Noel Fisher who I immediately recognized but could not place. I had to look him up. I've seen him an several things, but I remember him from Final Destination 2. After Shawn's character takes the performance enhancing drug and beats one of the school's jocks to impress a young lady, Noel's character refers to him as "The Flash." That was funny because the couch is played by John Wesley Shipp. AKA The Flash for the 1990 TV show.

I'm watching another Outer Limits episode at the moment and it has another actor that would be in Final Destination 2. He is a computer guy here, but in Final Destination 2 he play a guy with a bad drug problem. The actor is Jonathan Cherry. Noel played the kid of a family whose life is saved by Jonathan's character.
Thus insuring that Noel's character would later die.

The episode opens with a nervous computer guy downloading data from a mainframe. He fills up the disk, and I think "Uh oh. His hard drive is full." Then I realized it was probably a 1.2 MB floppy That makes sense, easy to fill up. Although it was downloading and writing to disk pretty fast. But I was wrong. It was not a 1.2 MB diskette. He is downloading to his 1990s Compaq computer's CD ROM burner. Sigh. Seriously? At the speed it was downloading? I don't think so. But no, it's okay. It's just a television show. It's not documentary.

I just notice that Kerr Smith is in this episode as well, and he was in the original Final Destination.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 6:43 am

Documentaries on murderers Gary Gilmore and David Berkowitz ('Son of Sam'). These were originally transmitted on the Biography channel in the late 1990s. Does the channel still exist?