Page 344 of 413 [ 6595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347 ... 413  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 11:06 pm

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
Pennyworth: The Origin Of Batman's Butler.
Real Time With Bill Maher.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 11:06 am

pcgoblin wrote:
That is an impressive collection.
It is possible a psychologist might attribute the collection to the Autism Spectrum. :chin:

Did I mention you'd also find the following in the collection: K-9 and Company: A Girl's Best Friend, Doctor Who: The Movie, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, Class, and some of the old, non-canon videos, too. And I've watched all of it at least once. I've also got a box of the old paperbacks somewhere, too...not quite as complete and definitely mostly unread. 8O

Like I said, the psychologists would almost certainly blame all of this on my diagnosis. Before I got the diagnosis I suggested it was due to the old series theme music being very compelling. :roll:

Either way, I'm not complaining. Worse things could've happened.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 5:10 pm

The Girl Who Walked Quickly

Another drama production from the late 1970s series 'Armchair Thriller', in four episodes. A student is kidnapped by a terrorist cell, and is brainwashed by being subjected to sensory deprivation. He is then used to plant bombs in various locations. Things do not go according to plan though, and in the end he is tracked down and taken into custody by the police, who are assisted by his girlfriend and college tutor. I'm still not sure of the meaning of the title, though it appears to refer to the female member of the terror group.

This series is described on the dvd box as 'a high watermark of dramatic television'. I'm not sure about that, but it's certainly quite watchable and interesting as a product of its era.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 8:05 pm

Double Retired wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
That is an impressive collection.
It is possible a psychologist might attribute the collection to the Autism Spectrum. :chin:

Did I mention you'd also find the following in the collection: K-9 and Company: A Girl's Best Friend, Doctor Who: The Movie, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, Class, and some of the old, non-canon videos, too. And I've watched all of it at least once. I've also got a box of the old paperbacks somewhere, too...not quite as complete and definitely mostly unread. 8O

Like I said, the psychologists would almost certainly blame all of this on my diagnosis. Before I got the diagnosis I suggested it was due to the old series theme music being very compelling. :roll:

Either way, I'm not complaining. Worse things could've happened.

I have Torchwood as well. Sarah Jane Smith was my favorite companion and I was bonkers with excitement when she reappeared with David Tennant. I watched her adventures, but I have not bought the series. I should because I'm not sure I can stream it anymore. I had the paperbacks as well, but I don't know what happened to them. They disappeared in the '90s. Then about five years ago, I found a bunch (38) at an used book store, and I bought them all. I also try to collect Famous Monsters of Film Land, an interest (monster movies) from my childhood and teen years (the magazine). Have you seen the any of the YouTube videos about Delia Derbyshire? The music is very compelling.

How Delia Derbyshire made the Doctor Who Theme

The Delian Mode - Delia Derbyshire Documentary

Anyway...

TV Episodes You Have Just Watched

Ghosts

Series 2, episodes 1 through 7.

Episode 1 was especially enjoyable. Photos show up that captured one of the ghosts, "the grey lady," a Victorian woman who is always correcting people on being proper. People, paranormal investigators, etc. visit the house, and the couple decide to charge admission. They decide to perform fake hauntings in case the ghosts do not cooperate. Meanwhile, the ghosts are doing their best to actually provide a haunting, and the investigators are completely missing the actual ghosts.
Episode 7 is a Christmas episode, and I thought it was crazy, noisy, but nice.

Episodes sometimes feature how one of the people became deceased/a ghost.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 11:04 pm

Sarah Jane is the best companion.

And Delia Derbyshire, for this purpose = BBC Radiophonic Workshop

Last edited by Double Retired on 19 Nov 2022, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 11:13 pm

Stargirl.
Who The (Bleep) Did I Marry?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 10:18 am

As reported in the Dubious Post:

Quote:
After Elon Musk fired most of the Twitter employees he demanded the remaining employees live in their offices and work a minimum of 20 hours each day, seven days a week. For some reason, the remaining employees all quit.

Elon Musk, as the last person left, was going through the entire building turning lights off when he discovered some homeless people had broken in and were living on the ground floor. He hired them. Twitter will be back to normal as soon as all of the new employees have read the book Computers for Dummies...which will take some time because, unfortunately, Musk only has one copy of the book and isn't done reading it himself.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 1:29 pm

Series/Season 3 of Ghosts

there is a Series/season 4 of the show, but it has not posted yet for streaming.

The seventh episode is reserved for the Christmas special. All two of them have been enjoyable.

The episodes about the ghosts and how they lost their lives have been interesting because they all died on the property and since they died, they all have been witnessed to the death of those that followed. So Robin, who was a "caveman" has witnessed the other's death, and that is interesting when someone recounts their death, and then Robin provides a different version. As the ghosts grow in numbers, there are more witnesses. What is different for them now is Allison is a alive and can see and hear them. As the series progresses, there is more and more meaningful interaction. When I started the series, I said it was funny and it was loud. It was loud because all the ghosts would talk over each other, trying to be heard. As the series progresses, one thing I realized is they have no tangible connection to the world they are stuck in. They can only touch each other and is it seems they can interact with furniture. One ghost, Julian, is the only one that can interact with the physical. For instance he can move things, like cups, buttons, and when he does, it always sounds like he has been constipated for days, and his using every muscle in his being to laboriously squeeze that crap out. It is always funny because it could be he is just trying to press one button on Mike's computer. Mike is Alison's husband and he cannot see or hear the ghosts. There is an episode where he tries to do something about that.

Sorry this is a little long. I really hate when I finish a series. I still have the fourth year to watch, when it is available for streaming.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 3:52 pm

Avenue 5
Season 2, episode 7

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:25 pm

Titans.
Avenue 5.
The Walking Dead (series finale).

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 5:48 pm

East New York

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 9:59 am

Quiet As A Nun

Another drama in six episodes from 'Armchair Thriller' (1978)

Based on an Antonia Fraser story about Jemima Shore, a TV presenter who has a sideline in solving mysteries. Here Jemima visits her old convent school, where someone is bumping off the nuns: it's a sort of horror story mingled with political intrigue. Even I was able to spot the culprit before the final denouement, which shows that the plot wasn't over-convoluted, and that's no bad thing, by the way.

Stars Maria Aitken as Jemima - she is the sister of controversial former Conservative MP Jonathan Aitken, and this is the first I've seen of her. The episodes also feature a very young Patsy Kensit (future wife of Liam Gallagher, among others) as a schoolgirl who gets dragged deeply into the plot.

There was an early 1980s UK TV series called Jemima Shore Investigates, starring Patricia Hodge in the title role. There's hardly any of it on YouTube, and the DVD boxset seems to be scarce and expensive, even secondhand.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 2:27 pm

Coronation Street, episodes from early to mid June 1981

Uncle Albert reacts badly to the decision of Ken and Deirdre to leave him on his own after their marriage, and they decide to stay on at his house. Fred and Eunice get an interview to run their own public house, but get rejected, for reasons undisclosed. Rita Fairclough becomes obsessed with fostering a child, and eventually persuades a reluctant Len to go along with it. They receive a visit from a representative of the fostering organization, played by Brian Capron, who two decades later took on the role of the psychopathic Richard Hillman in the show.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 10:11 am

Last night we finished watching our way through the .six-part TV miniseries:

The Day of the Triffids [1981]
<=>"Flesh-eating plants go on the rampage."

Good watching! Better than the 1963 movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 1:01 pm

Andor.
Murder By Numbers.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 2:28 pm

Wednesday.

It's alright so far.