Page 328 of 410 [ 6546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331 ... 410  Next

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2022, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Spunge42 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What We Do In The Shadows.
Iron Fist.

Are you enjoying what we do in the shadows? I keep stopping on it everytime I'm searching for something to watch but have been on the fence about it.

Also, what do you think about the new Westworld? I'm waiting till it's all been aired so I can binge it. Or is it finished yet? :|

And I've been watching cafe minamdang.

What We Do In The Shadows is laugh out loud hilarious. I really enjoy it.
West World has just started its most recent season. You're free to binge the earlier seasons, of course.
Cafe Miniamdang is something I'm afraid I've never heard of.

I guess I'll have to check out what we do in the shadows. I need a good laugh, thanks.

And I've seen the first 3 seasons of westworld and loved it, just waiting for all the episodes to come out for the current season.

Cafe miniamdang is on Netflix, it's a Korean show about a serial killer and disgraced police officers trying to catch said killer. It's actually pretty hilarious too.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 7:38 pm

I saw this episode of Six Feet Under a couple of days ago.

((( Claire )))

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:30 am

Two more episodes of Coronation Street from December 1983.

Elsie Tanner quits her job at Mike Baldwin's factory in a huff after being passed over for the post of supervisor. She has been promised a job at somewhere called the Tropicana Club, but finds out too late that the place is a squalid dive where working conditions are a nightmare.

Rita Fairclough realizes that husband Len can't have been returning from Ashton-under-Lyne when he had his fatal car accident, and discovers that he was visiting a certain Mrs Proctor in Bolton.....

It's worth mentioning that by now the landlady of The Rovers Return, Annie Walker, has not been seen since early October. This is because the actress who played her, Doris Speed, had been taken into hospital, and was never well enough after that to return to the show. She was also afflicted by severe depression when a national newspaper revealed that she was actually 84 years of age, fifteen years older than she had claimed to be.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 12:34 pm

Coronation Street: final two episodes of 1983.

Rita Fairclough tries several times to speak to Mrs Proctor, who initially refuses to cooperate. but finally the two women meet. The latter admits to having an affair with Len, and Rita is surprisingly understanding, probably experiencing it as catharsis, closure, or something of the sort.

Jack Duckworth and Fred Gee have a £20 bet on which of their 'racing pigeons' will get back to Weatherfield first from Heaton Park. Jack's bird never arrives, and Fred's dies before it's released. Fred claims the victory, as his bird was first back, albeit in a box.

Bill Gregory, an old flame of Elsie Tanner's from the 1960s, arrives in the Street on a flying visit from Portugal, where he runs a bar. A few days later he will invite Elsie to go back with him, an offer she accepts, thus ending her 23 years on the show.

(in Alf Roberts's shop various people are discussing how they'll welcome in the New Year)

Alf Roberts: "I won't be staying up - it depresses me."

Hilda Ogden: " Oh, won't you be having the telly on? Y'know, all them bagpipes and that little Scottish fellow singing in his kilt?"

Alf: "That's what depresses me."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 4:07 pm

MIT: Murder Investigation Team, The Bigger The Lie

Episode from 21 June 2003. A female journalist is found brutally murdered, and there are ramifications involving the local Bangladeshi community, the far right, and even the upper echelons of the Metropolitan Police. Needless to say, the case is neatly resolved, but not before one of the team meets a gruesome fate right at the end.

I want to like this series, but it's not easy to get into it. After all, the plots are cleverly devised and pretty coherent, and many of the production team are the same people responsible for The Bill, a police series that ran alongside MIT but was far more watchable. The characters who make up the MIT are just not very interesting or particularly likeable. I was struggling to remember most of their names, even after watching the entire first series.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 4:19 pm

The Reluctant Revolution

Episode from Series five of 'The Saint' released in the UK in 1966. More ridiculous but fairly entertaining tosh. Templar and a British girl played by Jenny 'Women In Love' Linden fall in with a bunch of revolutionaries in the fictional Central American state of San Pablo.

Needless to say, these somewhat sanitized and romanticized characters are aiming to overthrow El Presidente and his right-wing government, but Linden's character has a more personal motive too - her father died in London as a result of his association with the President's interior minister, an American fraudster. This being 'The Saint', you can guess the outcome.....

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 6:15 pm

The Helpful Pirate

Another episode from Series 5 of 'The Saint'. A British scientist specializing in Laser technology disappears in Hamburg, and the Intelligence Services engage Templar to find out what's happened to him.

It turns out that he's being held by kidnappers, who plan to hand him over to the Russians on payment of a large amount of Deutschmarks. He's been lured into this situation through a scam perpetrated by a woman played by Erika Remberg, and she proves to be the weak link when she tries the same thing on Templar, with predictable results.

Some real weirdos in this, like these two:

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2022, 7:55 pm

The Sandman.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:41 am

Episode 4 of Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

The Convenient Monster, episode of 'The Saint' from 1966.

Templar finds himself in Scotland, where a number of gristly killings occur apparently linked to the Loch Ness Monster. Not the strongest of plotlines (even I managed to work out the culprit well before the end), but there's some compensation for that provided by the atmospheric surroundings, enhanced by copious amounts of Highland mist.

The 'glamour' element is initially provided by Suzan Farmer, of 'Dracula, Prince of Darkness' fame, but she is upstaged in the looks department by the devastatingly attractive Caroline Blakiston. The character played by the latter has a somewhat less appealing side to her nature however....

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 4:25 pm

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 5:03 pm

The Angel's Eye, episode of 'The Saint' from 1966.

A British aristocrat decides to sell a valuable diamond, and when it's sent to Amsterdam to be recut, there are several attempts by a couple of crooks to steal it, with a bit of 'insider' assistance. Most of the 'Amsterdam' scenes are in fact filmed on the Elstree Studios famous 'back lot'.

I'd never thought of Roger Moore as Elvis Presley, but you have to admit there's a bit of a resemblance in this shot.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:02 pm

Better Call Saul.
West World.
Becoming Elizabeth.
Jessica Jones.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 5:41 pm

The Fast Women, episode of 'The Saint' from June 1967.

Set largely at the Brand's Hatch motor racing circuit in Kent (used for Formula 1 races until the mid-80s). Two very talented female drivers are engaged in a bitter rivalry on the track, but behind the scenes far more deadly schemes are afoot, including sabotage and murder. The female leads are played by Jan Holden, of whom I know very little, and the striking brunette Kate O'Mara, who starred in 'The Brothers' and was much in demand for these sorts of TV series along with the likes of Gabrielle Drake, Stephanie Beacham, Patricia Haines, etc.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 6:08 pm

The Man Who Gambled With Life, episode of 'The Saint' from 1969.

One of the last episodes made. Sir Keith Longman, a wealthy industrialist who is dying, runs a secret establishment in the Cornish countryside dedicated to cryogenics. He selects Simon Templar as his human 'guinea pig', but of course things don't go according to plan....

All the reviews of this episode point out the very obvious resemblance to 'The Avengers' in the plot and setting, but I'm sure the director must also have been familiar with Star Trek, to judge by the uniforms of the staff at Longman's base. There's also more than a touch of Monty Python in the ludicrous opening scenes.

Stars Veronica Carlson, who had come to prominence around this time in a number of Hammer's Frankenstein and Dracula films. Freddie Francis, the director, was also a Hammer man.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 7:28 pm

Little Girl Lost, episode of 'The Saint' from June 1967.

God, this was rubbish. June Ritchie plays a woman on the run from private detectives in Ireland, or so it seems. The latter have been hired by her wealthy father to stop her from eloping with a penniless American, but in fact they decide to kidnap and ransom her.

Not only is the story rubbish, full of lame humour and stereotypical clichés about Ireland and its people, but so are the baddies. Templar is socking them in the mouth and throwing them into a lake in the first couple of minutes of the episode, and it concludes with him beating the daylights out of them again in their castle hideout, despite the fact that they're brandishing revolvers.

There's a sort of neat twist at the end, in that Ritchie's character is revealed as an imposter who's in league with the villains, but by that time I was past caring.