Page 319 of 412 [ 6592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 412  Next

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2022, 9:12 pm

Suzyb wrote:
Spunge42 wrote:
Tomorrow
It's a Korean drama on Netflix

I love Korean movies and series. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks. :D

Just watched The Accident on Netflix.

Now watching Safe House.

Sorry just noticed the question :oops:

Some of my favorite Kdramas series have been:
49 days ( this one is 1 of my top 5 but it's hard to find now)

These should be easier to stream:
Mystic pop up bar
Korean odyssey
City hunter
Kingdom ( I can't wait for the next season!)
Bad guy (maybe because I love Ma Dong-Seok :D )

There's more but I can't think of em at the moment.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 12:12 am

Rich And Shameless.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 8:31 am

Continuing to binge Babylonian 5. Quite the epic sci fi saga. I find the CGI amusing. It looked more realistic to me back in 94.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 7:32 pm

MIT: Murder Investigation Team, Series 1 Episode 3 (2003)

As before - watchable, gruesome, mediocre.... :|

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:24 pm

A couple of Coronation Street episodes from August 1991.

Jim McDonald is in the show now - I always found him very entertaining, especially his Northern Ireland accent.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:30 pm

Obi-wan Kenobi.
The Punisher.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm

MIT: Murder Investigation Team, Series 1, Episode 4

The investigation centres on a school, with violent knife-carrying pupils, members of staff bonking each other, intriguing against each other, and one of them murdering a work colleague: you know, just another humdrum day in the British education system.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 5:08 pm

Murder Motel

Episode of 'Thriller' from 24 May 1975. Various people are murdered at a motel in a plot revolving around the embezzlement of a huge sum of money from a company. It's not too complex to follow and is reasonably entertaining, though the reviewer who gave it 10/10 on IMDB was getting a bit carried away!

The opening scenes clearly derive their inspiration from Hitchcock's Psycho.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 5:19 pm

Various episodes of Coronation Street from January-February 1992.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 7:55 pm

A bunch of episodes of Craig of the Creek.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 9:20 pm

The Punisher.
Very Scary People.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 3:05 pm

Spark Brother wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
Spark Brother wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
Watching Boyle's Pistol series.

*Goosebumps*

I wish I was a teen in that era!

Me too! big pistols fan and that whole era of music ('77-'82) is definitely my favourite. What do you think of the show?

i've watched the 1st 2 episodes and whilst I'm enjoying it I feel the script is really letting it down. feels like every line is referencing a lyric from a pistols song or a famous quote. find the dialogue quite stilted and cringeworthy at times.

that said they seem to have got the period detail spot on and I'm loving the depictions of Johnny rotten and Malcolm maclaren in particular.

Do bear with me, I'll respond as soon as I've completed the series!

Don't worry about it, absolutely no rush! Hope you enjoy the rest of it. I've watched another episode since and feel its getting better as it goes.

I really enjoyed the series.....the soundtrack, the costumes, the humour. Danny Boyle can't really do much wrong!

You're right about the first couple of episodes being a bit rubbish script wise, but it did get better. I wasn't too keen on the actor that played Malcolm Mclaren.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 4:38 pm

Becoming Elizabeth.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 4:44 pm

Sleepwalker

Episode of 'Thriller' from 10 April 1976. A pretty mediocre plot, though there are some atmospheric 'dream' scenes, that turn out not to have been part of any dreams. Stars an American actress called Darleen Carr, of whom I'd never heard.

Just about all of these episodes have either one or two Americans in prominent roles. Presumably the producers thought this was essential for a series that was to be sold to the USA, but I'm not so sure. The 'Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense' series from the mid-1980s did exactly the same thing. The Yanks never bothered much with putting British actors into any of the TV series they exported to us, as far as I can recall.

Spark Brother
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jun 2022, 6:01 am

Where_am_I wrote:
Spark Brother wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
Spark Brother wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
Watching Boyle's Pistol series.

*Goosebumps*

I wish I was a teen in that era!

Me too! big pistols fan and that whole era of music ('77-'82) is definitely my favourite. What do you think of the show?

i've watched the 1st 2 episodes and whilst I'm enjoying it I feel the script is really letting it down. feels like every line is referencing a lyric from a pistols song or a famous quote. find the dialogue quite stilted and cringeworthy at times.

that said they seem to have got the period detail spot on and I'm loving the depictions of Johnny rotten and Malcolm maclaren in particular.

Do bear with me, I'll respond as soon as I've completed the series!

Don't worry about it, absolutely no rush! Hope you enjoy the rest of it. I've watched another episode since and feel its getting better as it goes.

I really enjoyed the series.....the soundtrack, the costumes, the humour. Danny Boyle can't really do much wrong!

You're right about the first couple of episodes being a bit rubbish script wise, but it did get better. I wasn't too keen on the actor that played Malcolm Mclaren.

Glad you liked it! I really enjoyed it in the end and yes it was very funny. I particularly enjoyed the inter-band bickering (one of my favourite bits was the scene where they're rehearsing 'Anarchy In The Uk' for the first time and Rotten explodes in childish rage at the drummer for lecturing him on the links between reggae and punk... "EFF OFF! IT WAS ME THAT GOT YOU INTO REGGAE" :-D :-D

Thought it was good that they humanised Sid and Nancy and didn't just depict them as a pair of cartoon junkies.

I loved the costumes too, feel like I want to accessorize and slash up my blazers now! :) I particularly loved the mohair jumpers the cast were all wearing. I looked online and the person who designed all those jumpers has her own shop on Facebook where you can order them. 60 quid a pop so they're not cheap but she makes them to order. (if you're interested just google 'punk it up mohair jumper')

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 3:57 pm

The Next Victim

Episode of 'Thriller' from 17 April 1976, and it's a bit of a clunker. The obligatory American actress Carroll Baker stars as a wheelchair-bound woman who is stalked in a block of flats by a psycho killer, but there isn't much tension and the ending is virtually incomprehensible. There's a nice Daimler Sovereign in it though.

One or two IMDB reviewers try to talk this up, but the person who gave it 2/10 was nearer the mark, even if that was just a bit too harsh.