Page 345 of 409 [ 6532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 409  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 4:50 pm

Coronation Street, episodes from late June and early July 1981

Fred Gee discovers the reason his application to be a pub landlord has been turned down - several years earlier there'd been a scandal at a pub where Eunice worked after money had been pilfered from the till, and she had been sacked as a result. Fred is not best pleased, to put it mildly.....

Elsie Tanner returns to Sedgwick's cafe to work under manageress Alma Sedgwick, but soon becomes disillusioned as Alma is constantly taking time off, leaving Elsie to cope on her own. She resigns in disgust.

Ken Barlow and Deirdre make plans for their honeymoon in Corfu, but have to decide whether to take Deirdre's 3-year-old daughter Tracy with them (yes, that Tracy Barlow!).

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 8:49 pm

Wednesday Addams. It has some funny moments, but I enjoyed the movies from the 1990's more. They weren't this... violent.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 4:10 pm

^ The dance was the highlight for me!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 6:37 pm

Reno 911!
Murder By Numbers.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:33 pm

Coronation Street, episodes from July 1981

Mavis Riley meets painter and decorator (and wannabee artist) Maurice Dodds, and goes out sketching with him on a couple of occasions. Before long he asks her to pose naked for him - no prizes for guessing how that turns out! Maurice was obviously a prototype for artist Victor Pendlebury, with whom Mavis had a relationship a couple of years later.

Annie Walker is fed up of having Fred Gee and Eunice living at the Rovers, and lines up a replacement for Fred. She tells the couple to leave the premises, but somehow Fred manages to keep his job, though he and Eunice do have to find alternative accommodation.

Ken Barlow and Deirdre Langton get married in Weatherfield's version of the Royal Wedding. In actual fact, it takes place only two days before that of Charles and Diana, in the last week of July.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 2:33 am

Conan Without Borders

I started with Cuba and have watched through Italy, where he is joined by his executive producer Jordan Schlansky. Jordan travels to Italy every year, and in this Without Borders episode, he accompanies Jordan.

I was going to post a couple YouTube videos, but I think posting the YouTube search results would be better.

List Conan Without Borders in Italy

Conan cracks me up. I am so perplexed by Conan and Jordan's relationship.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 2:58 am

8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 5:08 am

Guardians Of The Galaxy Christmas Special.

In order to cheer up a depressed Starlord, Drax and Mantis kidnap Kevin Bacon as his Christmas present. Absolutely hilarious! Great Marvel movie magic.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 6:01 pm

Wednesday (2022)

Watched the 8 part series on Netflix.

I enjoyed it. It is a mystery, and even though I made various predictions that turned out to be true, I enjoyed the telling. In terms of the mystery, I only figured out like 2% of the puzzle.

Having grown up with the original series, I always have to get past that Gomez is not John Aston, Morticia is not Caroline Jones, and Lurch is not Ted Cassidy. I have to remind myself of the original cartoon. When I do that, casting was very nice. I liked the casting. Tim Burton directed the series.

And it was funny.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 12:09 am

The Circe Complex

Episodes of 'Armchair Thriller' from 1980. A young woman's husband is jailed for murder and the theft of £400,000 worth of jewellery. She engages her ex-psychiatrist, a former convict, and even a police detective to try to recover the loot. Gets very complicated, and tends to drag on a bit, but the final episode of six is pretty compelling, as the various threads of the story are drawn together. Set in Cardiff in Wales, and stars the Welsh actress Beth Morris, also James Hazeldine, whom I initially mistook for Donald Sutherland.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:35 am

Chucky.
Rick & Morty.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:08 pm

The Equalizer
East New York

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 5:27 am

Coronation Street, four episodes from early August 1981

Glenda Fox, a bored housewife whose husband is a friend of garage owner Ron Sykes, homes in on his employee Brian Tilsley and entertains him at her Cheshire home. Wife Gail and mother Ivy hear rumours and become suspicious. Fred Gee can't stand living at his father-in-law's flat, and tells Eunice that they have to get away. Ken and Deirdre return from honeymoon, and Ken is furious to discover that Mike Baldwin has found a job for his daughter Susan in a London wine bar.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 3:11 pm

Titans.
The Vow.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 7:42 am

The Bear (Disney+)

great telly show!

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:28 pm

Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields (2022)

Episodes 1 and 2 out of 3. So I don't know how it ends.

It is about a serial killer of young women. It is sad because the families have a lot of grief. :cry:

The police were horrific. The investigated did not get serious attention until a 12 year old girl disappears, and is found dead 17 days later. The other women were more or less written off because the other women did not have the "social rank of acceptability." That's not a quote. It's an air-quote.