Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 1:28 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Social position is important to me. So far my life hasn't seemed to get too off-track. I just need to make sure I keep on advancing as much as I can in my career.

Umm... I think I have the same opinion..

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

Waiting for various opinions to come.....

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 6:46 am

metaphysics wrote:
I agree. I can understand your view. But I still want to prove or gain something, probably because I am so young...

It is so sad, whatever the complex thinking is.... it just depends on and stems from the basic needs. And it means that we cannot live outside the world, therefore we have to accept those values, as long as we are alive...

You can "live outside the world" since ones "world" is based on one's understanding, if you have a false understanding of what the outside world is then of course your goals. strivingd, ambitions may seem different 20 years from now.

As you get older you realize "proving" yourself and "gaining something" is your bodies biological tendencies influencing you sometimes it's positive but often it is in negative ways. It's really a kind of looking for validation from someone elses values or trying to find self worth through achievement of some kind be it intrinsic or something external to yourself. Usually people value what their society tells them to. You absorb/pick up what gels with who you are and what is mainstream in society. Problem is often times these conflicting tendencies are not really who you are deep down on a biological level. That usually takes years of experience to figure out. Often times we strive against what is healthy for us to reach some ephemeral thing that won't last.

If you love work and can endure endless hours working or proving what your ambition is go right ahead. It's all about understanding risks and that if things don't go your way you'll be just fine. Usually in the process of striving you gain more insight into yourself as you get older but this only occurs if you have a degree of self awareness.

Much of what happens in the world in terms of success/failure is just sheer natural process that has nothing to do with betterness and worseness and is just blind cause and effect.

You have to be able to think clearly first because otherwise all your thoughts will be based on a _false model of the world_. The most important thing I think is challenging your own ideas and exposing yourself to things you don't naturally acclimate to otherwise your perspective will remain limited.

Last edited by ZakFiend on 19 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 7:36 am

metaphysics wrote:
Philologos wrote:
Wealth is a whole lot more than money.

Would you like to give me your definition of Wealth, please?

assets of use and value, both tangible and intangible.

ruveyn