Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 1:24 pm

Yeah when my parents kiss infront of me I am like get a room.. When I was a kid I got embarrassed but now I am used to it... On TV I just keep wondering how they act like they are enjoying it and in the interviews they say oh his mouth was stinking and all :roll: Its sort of fascinating to see their expressions haha

But yes I am not a big fan of PDA.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

OJani wrote:
This is a meek question to you. I'd like to know what do you feel when you see a couple kissing on the screen, and what if you see it in life. To me, it was always like embarrassment, I felt uncomfortable, not only as a child, but also well in my adulthood.

I don't really have feelings of embarrassment ever.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

SammichEater wrote:
It doesn't really bother me to watch. I mean, I've seen it so many times it's never anything unusual or unexpected. But personally, I've never been kissed romantically before, and I don't want to be. Just thinking about having someone that close to me disgusts me.

I felt similarly, but later I've come over my feelings and was able at least to try. But here I am, still not accepting it. I don't like family kisses either, I just do them because I know its symbolism is important to them. A romantic kiss is much more intense than that, more difficult to accept. I can enjoy a kiss when I'm in the mood that is not on the lips, say, on the cheeks or the neck, or nearly anywhere else, but not always.

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2011, 3:28 am

I find it unnecessary, and extremely annoying. My natural reaction is to roll my eyes and sigh, thinking "not again".

Hearing the noise of it is enough to make me want to turn off the movie, or throw my headphonnes at the wall. The sound makes me quite angry.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 5:02 am

Not embarrassed at all. It's just kissing.

NarcissusSavage
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 5:33 am

I'm indifferent to watching people kiss. I've never got much of any reaction from seeing it. Even seeing sexual acts of a more explicit nature provokes little to no reaction.

Personally though, I generally cannot stand anyone close to me unless I have a very strong emotional bond with them. I'm really uncomfortable kissing someone unless there is...hmm, I suppose love. It needn't be full fledged love, just so long as it's there.

And if it is...then the world slips away and I descend into euphoric bliss. I can get lost in a kiss, and other physical acts of affection. It almost feels as though I become passion...and end being me...until parting the embrace. My sense of self is gone, and there is in it's place something else, something more.

So..uh, yes. I like kissing, the right person, a lot. And care not for, or against, seeing it.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

I almost can't watch people kissing, either in real life or in movies. I have to look away/close my eyes. I did an experiment on myself once at my cousin's wedding to see if I could watch her and her new husband kiss, since I think that if anywhere's an appropriate place for a public kiss, that's it. I couldn't watch it.

I don't know why. It just makes me feel really uncomfortable. A quick peck is okay but not any sort of extended kiss.

I find the thought of myself kissing someone really objectionable and unpleasant. If I ever date/get married, the other person will have to accept that I don't do kissing. But my discomfort with myself kissing is complicated by the fact that I have a really sensitive food allergy, and would be worried that if the other person had eaten something I was allergic to, I could have a serious reaction if I kiss them. I don't know how much that has shaped my attitude towards kissing.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

Invader wrote:
I find it unnecessary, and extremely annoying. My natural reaction is to roll my eyes and sigh, thinking "not again".

Hearing the noise of it is enough to make me want to turn off the movie, or throw my headphonnes at the wall. The sound makes me quite angry.

This is my reaction to movie kisses, too. And the sound effects are very disgusting.

GoldCoinLover
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

Watching it on TV makes me feel uncomfortable and ackward.

Sometimes, if it's a reallly good story and they are a right match, it makes me happy that they fell in love.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

I think it's extremely uncomfortable to watch kissing (or anything else erotic) on TV or IRL. It might be partly that the physical proximity alnoe makes me feel bad. I want physical distance and even watching something that I find highly uncomfprtable, makes me uncomfortable. In addition it makes me feel like a voyeur (except that I don't get any pleasure out of it), that I'm watching something that is too private for me to watch.
So I always look away until it's over.

I was once on the tube/subway during rush hour, and it was crammed. A young couple, almost standing on my feet, were kissing each other. I thought that was really disgusting, I almost felt like I was being kissed, making me feel dirty and very uncomfortable. Maybe being somewhat a germophobe added to my extreme feeling of unease at that. I still think it'd be common courtesy to refrain from displays of affection when you're just cm away from others.

Quote:

Same for me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 3:55 pm

I like kissing.

If on TV, the kissing is genuine looking and loving, it makes me smile.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I was once on the tube/subway during rush hour, and it was crammed. A young couple, almost standing on my feet, were kissing each other. I thought that was really disgusting, I almost felt like I was being kissed, making me feel dirty and very uncomfortable. Maybe being somewhat a germophobe added to my extreme feeling of unease at that. I still think it'd be common courtesy to refrain from displays of affection when you're just cm away from others.

Ugh, something similar happened to me. I was standing in the customer service line in a store, and this couple was standing in front of me. They decided to start kissing. As they got into it, they started swaying drunkenly. I tried to step back and away from them, but there wasn't enough room. The girl knocked into me, causing my purse to slip off my arm and land on the floor. The girl noticed what had happened, and mumbled an apology. :evil:

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2011, 8:07 pm

Yep, I've always felt uncomfortable with others kissing - and as far as myself goes it's the same as hugging - VERY uncomfortable / hate it unless it's with someone I'm "romantically" interested in.