Christian creationists 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Muslim creationists 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Both are equally bad 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 17

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 7:06 pm

So, since some people have often pointed out that atheists don't seem to be as interested in bashing Islam as they are in bashing Christians. Here are some samples.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/scienceb ... ail_84.php

I've seen this happen plenty of times. There is a sizeable portion of the Muslim world that actually believe their holy book is not full of non-sense and actually see random scientific concepts inside it.

There's a whole site about them:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Science/index.htm

Benbob
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

Oh, I enjoy bashing Islam, however I find it necessary to bash Christianity at the same time or else I tend to get the christian right chiming in. All creationists are stupid, however muslim creationists are stupid with homicidal resolve.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Islam as much non-sense as Christianity

In other news, water is wet.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 9:44 pm

Benbob wrote:
Oh, I enjoy bashing Islam, however I find it necessary to bash Christianity at the same time or else I tend to get the christian right chiming in. All creationists are stupid, however muslim creationists are stupid with homicidal resolve.

not really muslim anti-evoluntionism has its source in one man a turk named Adnan Oktar also known as Harun Yaya (Aaron John)
he is a turkish nationalist and as can be seen from his nome de plume ecumenical.
his funding comes from Institute of Creation Research, an american xtian evangelical group.
I received a copy of his atlas of creation and he has become a hobby of mine.
in traditional Islam Young Earth creationism is nearly unheard of.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

Who are worse?
Hmmm, I'd say both, I have no idea how common is creationism in Islam, or how it differs from Christianity, I could say that creationists living in developed countries are worse.

Benbob
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jun 2011, 1:57 am

blunnet wrote:
Who are worse?
Hmmm, I'd say both, I have no idea how common is creationism in Islam, or how it differs from Christianity, I could say that creationists living in developed countries are worse.

That's a good point, in the developed world in the information age there really is no excuse for being scientifically illiterate. However those who push theism and supernatural garbage in the developing world should be treated as criminals.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 7:52 pm

Benbob wrote:
blunnet wrote:
Who are worse?

That's a good point, in the developed world in the information age there really is no excuse for being scientifically illiterate. However those who push theism and supernatural garbage in the developing world should be treated as criminals.

Scientifically illiterate is just a euphamism for stupid.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

marshall wrote:
Benbob wrote:
blunnet wrote:
Who are worse?

Scientifically illiterate is just a euphamism for stupid.

or they havent had the interest so they didnt learn about it?

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

I don't have a problem with either.

Here are two reasons you don't see people bashing Islam so much: (1) Christianity is more prevalent in Western societies; (2) there are very vocal factions of fundamentalist Islam who will threaten to murder anybody who criticizes their religion (threats which we take seriously because they've been successfully acted on in the recent past).

Benbob
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

you_are_what_you_is wrote:
I don't have a problem with either.

Here are two reasons you don't see people bashing Islam so much: (1) Christianity is more prevalent in Western societies; (2) there are very vocal factions of fundamentalist Islam who will threaten to murder anybody who criticizes their religion (threats which we take seriously because they've been successfully acted on in the recent past).

Yea, I took part in draw mohammad day and received a lot of death threats. The funniest one was some mussy who comes up to me, tells me how I will have my head cut off (in detail) then says "Oh, but it won't be me, I don't support violence, but somebody will f*cking do you in" WWMD?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 3:42 pm

Here's a gem from muslim hocus-pocus men: Mecca is the middle of the Earth! Science says so! F*cking Magnets, man.

Edit: Also, by moving the Greenwich time zone to Mecca, Islam can take over the world.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."