Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

Before facebook started selling stock, I had predicted it would fail in the endeavor. All those people in the news said it would be a sucsess and when the first day of stock trading started it imediatly started to rapidly drop, continuing for the next week or so; in the end i was right. Hopefully people will heed my warnings about the consumer electronics bubble before it bursts. People think that the popular new consumer electroninc products like ipads, and iphones, and the like, are going to keep selling. What they fail to see is that the rate of sales exceeds the rate at which the consumers regenerate the disposable income needed to purchase the product; while at the same time more companies are increasing production; there will come a point where the market will become saturated with not enough customers to sell to and the companies will be left with huge amounts of unsellable industry. Within the next ten years apple will file chapter 11, you can bet on that.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 8:50 am

XLCR and yelekam, I'm somewhat impressed - but I'll be a lot more impressed if you tell me you made money from your predictions. Did you?

yelekam wrote:
Within the next ten years apple will file chapter 11, you can bet on that.

Yes, you can - just short the stock. :) But will you?

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Feb 2013, 10:13 am

I don't think Asperger's is either an advantage or disadvantage in developing or using investing skills. It's all about understanding business, and "seeing" what the public wants, and analyzing the numbers from whomever is going to do or make something to fill that want.

Charles