Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 12:36 am

So how many cars do you guys own? I have two. A work vehicle and a "fun" vehicle.

My work vehicle: 1996 Camry XLE with 140,000 plus miles. Not perfect, but a solid, comfy work vehicle. I originally bought a 1990 VW Golf to use for this purpose. Well that broke down within a month, so I posted it on craigslist and got a reply from someone who wanted to trade for a Camry. The body is a bit rough, but it has the V6 so it is the better of the two engines from that year

My "fun" vehicle: 1996 Honda Civic EX. Named Frankenstein. It has parts from all different years of Civics and Acuras. It has a full JDM Civic Type-R swap, seats from an Acura Integra GSR, 99-00 Si gauge cluster, non-SRS EK4 steering wheel, Integra wheels, coilovers, Koni orange shocks, OBD-1 ECU, custom welded 2.5" exhaust with a resonator delete.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:04 am

A tatty white Ford Fiesta that's has the ability to do over 40 MPG and my beautiful 1983 Lotus Excel that has cost me a fortune is still off the road but is such a pleasure to drive I still keep on trying :)

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2011, 3:26 am

I just have a 99 Saturn wagon that my mom let me keep when she realized I would be using that car more, so she got herself another car. So far, it still runs pretty good, and I got my regular oil change taken care of almost a month ago.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2011, 4:01 am

Black 2009 Honda Fit (i know its a family car,and im by myself lol)
xD

NowWhat
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

I drive a ford focus that is missing a hubcap, and have a crewcab ford pickup that mostly sits in the driveway. My wife drives a minivan. I wish Mahindra would bring their 30 mpg diesel 4x4 here as promised.

Major_G
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jun 2011, 3:02 pm

I only have one car - a 1990 Honda Accord EX. One day, when I can earn enough money, I also want to get a 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 1:55 am

iceb wrote:
A tatty white Ford Fiesta that's has the ability to do over 40 MPG and my beautiful 1983 Lotus Excel that has cost me a fortune is still off the road but is such a pleasure to drive I still keep on trying :)

Well I just googled Lotus Excel, and I gotta say, it looks kinda like a 2+2 version of the Esprit. I personally like the new Exige

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

Our house has two vehicles. My little chevy tracker is the daily and a VW baja I bought for my son. It needs the pans repaired but pretty much looks good. He is fed up with the quality of girls in our small town and figured he'd be happier with a badass vehicle instead. So we are looking at customizing it.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 10:51 pm

None. :lol:

Duez
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2011, 12:20 am

Had 8 at one point. We are down to 4 now. My daily driver, my wifes daily, an older car I'm fixing up and a small pickup only used occasionally for hauling stuff.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 4:15 am

We only have one car right now but I wanted to post because when I was with my X husband I had a sort of love affair with his cars. Actually I may have fallen in love with his car when we were dating more than him :lol: . He had a 1969 Dodge Coronet. It was black and had chrome side pipes and a hood scoop that he had put on himself. I loved the vibrations and the sound of it. He called it the "bondo mobile" because it had more bondo than steel. He ended up totaling it because I upset him by saying that I wasnt sure about our relationship, should have been a red flag but then again I ignored all the other red flags as well....what can I say, I was only 18.
After we were married we got a 1968 Dodge Charger, the same car as the General Lee in the Dukes of Hazzard and it was even painted as such which was sometimes :oops: embarrassing. I did get my X to pain over the flag as I found it offensive. It was used for racing and had a 440 magnum engine and nitrous injection. It also had, even though it was automatic, a shifting apparatus called lightning rods. They hurt like hell trying to use them because you had to push a button down then pull the lever. Still I loved the power of the car and loved to drive it myself with my kids in the back holding on for dear life (dont worry we had four point seat belts :lol:) . Strangely enough it took me years to get my drivers license because I was so scared to drive but after I learned I loved to drive. I did sort of give up the love of the "mopar" cars when I gave up the love of my X husband (who was a jerk btw).
Anyway, since then I have owned only toyota's and I have always been the driver up until recently. I have an auto immune disease that causes severe chronic pain so the medication that I am on prevents me from driving....but I still like to watch the stupid Dukes of Hazzard sometimes just to see that car :wink: .

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

you might as well ask whether I drink Cristal or Dom Perignon with my morning caviar on toast :lol:

I own 1 old Raleigh folding bike and am 100% happy with that state of things.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

I have two, my OH has two (daily drives and the weekender's). Also have 2 motorbikes each (dirtbike and roadbike)

I'm pretty happy with the selection we have (4wd, sports cars, hot hatch) but wouldn't mind an Aston or lambo as an occasional car!! !

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 4:53 am

I only own one, my Mitsubishi Lancer.

I have thought of impulse buying something classic and cheap for the novelty (maybe a 240Z or something) but I'd have to pay registration and insurance on it. Paying that stuff for one car is enough.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

None. I don't even know how to start a car. Never had a driving lesson in my life.

I don't know how people can afford to run cars, especially in the UK where the petrol prices are rocketing.

I actually would like a car though. An old fashioned Landrover, with a border collie in the back.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:31 pm

Henbane wrote:
An old fashioned Landrover, with a border collie in the back.

I'm planning a road trip around Britain for next spring/summer, looking for a place to hire a Land Rover Defender to do it in - probably have to do it without a border collie though...