Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Goose25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

A long time ago, I used to work a second-shift job. How I loved leaving work around 9 pm or so, having little traffic and congestion to deal with, having all stoplights change my way (being among few vehicles on the road) and a whole late night to enjoy while others slept. I guess I've had it both ways, but the early morning routine is the only way to enjoy the peace now for me. :wink:

PrivateEyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

Yeah. I'm a morning person. It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm still awake. I'll be crashing any time now. :?

keerawa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2011, 7:09 pm

Ugh, no, not even a little bit. Naturally I sleep from about 3am until 11 am. Unfortunately, I have to get up for work at 6am. So I spend the majority of my work week chronically over-tired, getting about 5 hours of sleep a night.

typing-with-mittens
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jul 2011, 4:35 am

Is it possible or likely for an Aspie to be nocturnal? Ive tried Xanax for sleeping and even sleeping pills but I just toss and turn when I go to bed at NT hours. It's 530am and I'm still wide awake.

I have found that coffee actually helps me sleep but Ive tried 3 cups so far and I'm still reading and/or surfing. Not even reading Kant or Nietzsche can help me sleep on nights like this.

tchannon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jul 2011, 9:15 pm

Chuckle, saw the title and knew the likely answers, yep, looks at clock, 3am.

This is one of the strange features, doubt anyone really understands it.

BN1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2011, 2:05 am

Funny question.

I find I really love the lighting outside, the sounds and the peace of the early morning...but I rarely see it. In fact, I stayed up until 3 a.m. this morning and was awoken at 6 a.m. by one of my dogs that needed to be let out. I looked out at the sunrise, the dew on the grass, heard the song of the birds and thought, "Wow. I really should become a morning person."

And here I sit, 12:04 a.m., with no intention on getting to bed before 2.

:wink:

Visit me here: http://brandynightingale.blogspot.com
Or here: http://www.facebook.com/everythingshunkydory
Or on Twitter: @bnightingale11

Dragonkisse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2011, 2:32 am

I got out of bed at 1am to take pain killers because I had pain in front of my ribs. Then I went back to sleep and woke up at about 9am.

straightfairy
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2011, 4:05 am

My natural sleep pattern is from about midnight to 8am.
My current job means I have to wake at 5.30am - not fun..

Whispering
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

Definitely a morning person. I need the sun light to help with the depression and warm my body.

as best as I can tell, some of us aspies are either 1 way or the other (with strong preferences.)

My son (also autistic) is also definitely a morning person. It's peaceful and quiet. The neighbors wake up make noise etc. and then go to work or school. Life becomes peaceful and quiet again.

Could it be not so much the timing of the day, as the opportunity to experience the peacefulness and not be overly stimulated with noise etc?

danum
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2011, 6:36 am

I prefer the mornings; I'm always awake before 6:15 and raring to go - the problem is that there's usual nothing for me to get stuck into.

EllenDee

26 Jul 2011, 11:48 am

I don't really have a time preference at all - I have never managed to get into a 9-5 type routine happily, and without external pressures I tend to end up running on something like a 26-35 hour clock.

I do love night time and early morning simply because there are less people around and I feel safer. I have noticed that most people have the opposite, and equate people with safety - personally I feel safer walking the dogs at 4am then in the middle of the day! But without other people, I just tend to get lost in whatever I am doing and don't pay much attention to the time of day.

KeepThePeace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm

when i open my eyes in the morning, i dread getting out of my bed. i hear family members up. and even though i have mentioned it repeatedly to them (that I HATE mornings) they somehow forget repeatedly. it's soooooooooooooooooo frustrating.

it feels like i wind myself up......and then slingshot myself out of bed and straight to my morning coffee. then head straight out to the garage for a cigarette. so i don't have to talk to anyone first thing in the morning. i feel like when someone tries speaking to me right away. it just wrecks my brain.

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

Until I was in my mid 20s I Could sleep until the afternoon. Now I wake at dawn and cannot stay in bed more than 20 minutes. This certainly doesn't make me a morning person as I'm usually grumpy as he'll until I've been awake a few hours. It is a bit frustrating having a partner who seems to have a compulsion to babble after waking up, moreso in that she demands some response before my brain is fully online.

Having said that, there is some pleasure in driving to work at dawn. Some quality of light appears to take me out of myself.

Now I just need to find a job that pays enough to live on.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

I have to wake up 5:30am to be in class at 8:30 am this semester... Im starting to understand why people snap and run naked around campus....

aliensyndrome
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2011, 3:18 pm

I dislike the sun except I appreciate it more in winter because it's very cold.

I hate being awake before noon because I just dont like being awake before then because of the way I like to operate/when I prefer to be conscious.

I like being up late because of the darkness and solitude. I wear sunglasses whenever the sun is out.

Too bad I'll probably have to change my routine when I get a "real job", maybe I'll be lucky just to have a job!

m3theatrix
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

Mornings are the work of Satan. The big scary yellow ball in the sky annoys me intensely. I agree with the person who said that they went shopping in the middle of the night for no people. The only thing better than that is shopping online--if I could get groceries that way, I'd never go to a store again...