Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Goose25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2011, 8:20 am

It's early morning in the midwest, and I have to confess: I've been up for about 4 hours. Sunday morning, I do grocery shopping. The huge, warehouse-style market I go to is nearly empty at this hour - it's just me and the floor scrubbers. Anyone else do necessary, unpleasant business in the early mornings in nice, empty business places? Who else is the first customer in the door when a place opens (except during the holiday shopping season, of course!)? :lol:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 8:23 am

I'm more of a night person, light actually irritates my eyes a bit.

Franma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

I do my food shopping in the middle of the night at the all night supermarket. I would do all my shopping that way if more stores were open. I HATE shopping!

"It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential." Hans Asperger

In the end I'm just me whatever that may be

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

Quote:
Are you a morning person?

yes i am very much a morning person. early mornings are the best time of day for me.

i like the hours between 12:00 am to approximately 4:30 am (when i go to bed) best.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

I'm not(and have never been) a morning person. Unless I'm sick, drunk, or have been up all night, I'm never tired before 3-4AM. And I rarely get up before noon. I'm up now because some jerkoff decided it'd be fun to try and sell me some Jesus at 9:00. I am unsure if a reason why is due to AS but I know that I've been nocturnal since I was 8 years old.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:30 pm

Daylight sucks. Everything's better at night.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:36 pm

if by morning person you mean staying up 'til 4am, then yes, I'm a morning person.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

no. just leave me to eat my cocopops in peace.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm

Nope, I rarely get up in the morning...
...and when I do I'm normally not only ratty but physically ill.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

absolutely not a morning person.

Its an odd thing. If I'm woken up prior to 10 am its like male PMS kicking in and somehow this removes what I call my 'AS logic wall' down: My emotional state rules my actions and speech. And my emotional state for the whole day when woken up early is simply: pissed off.

Pissed off at everything.. pissed off at the $#@$ coffee I have to drink, at the $#@ toaster oven for taking so long to make a $#@ loaf of bread crispy... pissed off at the $@#$ red lights when going to work, at the $#@ parking lot for making me walk so far to get to the office building.. at the $@#$@# fake smiling people I have to deal with every day... and I look forward to get whiny clients so I can crush their feeble arguments and destroy any hope they might've had for smiling that day.

... and somehow people like me better in the morning hours. Its like being a jerk is socially appealing. ><

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 3:25 am

I find my mind works better in the morning and by that I mean 4 in the morning... As the day goes by my mind gets bogged down...

Last edited by pree10shun on 17 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 3:38 am

I'm SO not a morning person!! ! I struggle every single morning that I need to get up early and my mind keeps sleeping till 3 pm. I love nighttime! I'm always full of energy and creativity at night! Unfortunately I have the "8 to 5" job :(

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 1:16 am

No. Whether one is a night person, morning person, or one of those rare individuals who need very little sleep, is largely controlled by genetics. I could cite various reasons why I prefer nights to mornings...it's calm, quite, and I can better collect my thoughts, but most of those have been equally countered by morning people, who point out that early mornings are also calm and quite, and they can better collect their thoughts. It seems morning people and night people actually like the same thing, just at different times of the day.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Goose25 wrote:
It's early morning in the midwest, and I have to confess: I've been up for about 4 hours. Sunday morning, I do grocery shopping. The huge, warehouse-style market I go to is nearly empty at this hour - it's just me and the floor scrubbers. Anyone else do necessary, unpleasant business in the early mornings in nice, empty business places? Who else is the first customer in the door when a place opens (except during the holiday shopping season, of course!)? :lol:

Me too! oh the lonley hours.... swoons and smiles dreamily...

peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

Marykate
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2011, 6:10 am

The morning I see is the one that happens after I stay up all night, or if I have an appointment. I have always been that way too. I have always felt safer at night. I like to sit on my front porch and listen to the trains in the distance. Or watch old movies or do stuff like this. I keep my drapes pulled in daylight hours and my windows are tinted in my car. I like that everyone else is sleeping and no one will call. Privacy maybe. I feel like a vampire in a movie when I step out in daylight. Its so harsh. Unfortunately I have a lawn to mow. So I have to go outside and do that when it needs done because I need to see, but I like weeding in the night time.

I dont mind going to the store in the daytime. Anonymous in the crowd. I dont know anyone and dont make eye contact. I always have a list. But I am cheerful enough with clerks. It was pure torture having to take the bus in between times when I had a car.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 8:17 am

if i haven't got an appointment before noon, i dont get up before 11AM, and i try to prevent making those appointments...
i indeed work a lot better in the evenings, when light starts to fade, meaning i often stay awake far past midnight; again needing me to sleep untill close to lunch.
the last time i actually had a breakfast is 2-3 weeks ago now; usually my days litterally start at lunch.
one advantage of this; i only get 2 meals and dont go to sleep shortly after dinner; keeping my metabolism active and my weight down ;)