Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

I am currently a morning person. I wake up between 3 and 4 am Mountain time. Gotobed at either 6 or 9 pm. I sleep in 3 hour cycles. So usually I sleep either 6 or 9 hours, or do two 3 hour long-naps per day.

Chronos wrote:
Whether one is a night person, morning person, or one of those rare individuals who need very little sleep, is largely controlled by genetics.

I have to say I entirely disagree with this. I have easily been a night person (rise at 2-4pm, sleep at 7 or 8 am) or a morning person, as need dictates. Humans are remarkably adaptable to circumstance.

Besides, most people require less sleep as they get older. And more sleep when they are injured, sick, or work hard physical labor that they need to shut down the body to build muscle for.

Metabolism is more responsible for sleep pattern than genetics, for a certainty. And metabolism, while influenced by genes, is also affected by diet and exercise.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

I'm definitely NOT a morning person. Most of the time I feel tired and drowsy during the day and energetic and fit in the evenings. I prefer the darkness to harsh daylight and my ideal lifestyle would be to get up late and to go to bed at three or four at night.

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

I'm so much a night person and do my best work after 11/12 at night. There's much less noise & energy static at night.

SteveBorg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

I used to be an early riser: before kids.
Before jobs.
Before I got used to staying up later.
But I'd like to re-train myself to start getting up earlier and going to sleep earlier.