Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Are you good at it?

Yesterday, I was hanging out with some of my close friends. We have a tightknit group consisting of me, my friend Dan, my friend Jerimiah, and my friend Taylor. But recently, Taylor has been going John Lennon on us with some girl and he doesn't spend much time with us anymore. So, I decided to prank call him. I called twice as two different people. He knew it was me both times, but he was willing to play along. I'm very good at accents, so I called him first in a generic Aussie accent claiming to work for a company called "The Entertainment House" and I told him that he had called yesterday for entertainment. The conversation went on for about 5 minutes until I randomly hung up. I called him 20 minutes later with my number cloaked and claimed to be a physician named Dr. Keon Forrester. I spoke in a thick generic British accent. I told him that his left arm was infected with an unknown virus and that I was on my way to help him, but that the infection would spread if he didn't place it in a bath tub of about 5 degree Celsius water. Dr. Forrester is a made up person of course, an alter ego of mine based on a doodle I did in high school. He is a Doctor with the head of a Dinosaur. I informed him that I was a raptor man off to the side and that I myself would have to amputate the arm with my teeth if it turned out that we couldn't save it. I had to stop shortly afterwards because my friend's aunt had to make an important call(we were in the car). But it gave us something to do. My friends were laughing hysterically the whole time as was Taylor's girlfriend(he put the phone on speaker).

I call more than just my friends. I call all sorts of people with all sorts of made up characters because I feel more comfortable talking outside of my own person as my sig suggests. I'm very, very good at improv and rarely lose my footing. The accent I'm best at doing is a South Vietnamese accent and I had a reputation at school for this. I mimic the accent so well because I have close friends from Vietnam and was obsessed with the culture and language of Vietnam from the 10th to the early 12th grade. I even learned a little of the language, so I'll randomly spout random Vietnamese words put together randomly into nonsensical sentences so that I convince people. I have answered the phone at home and convinced people to hang up because they believe they called the wrong number. And I love pranking random people from time to time with the accent.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

No. I don't want to get in trouble for harassment. I think it's fine when you do it to people who know you though. But I still don't do it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

I don't do stuff like that.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

I once left a message on a friends phone as "Your district's congressman Ned Schneebly"and that I would like him "to vote for Barack Obama in the coming election" and told him about how "better" he would make the country.* He didn't know it was me. :) I did it in a really back-of-the-throat tone that threw him off. But any other voices I try, people know it's me. :roll:

I only prank friends. I'd never do it to a random stranger.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

I like to play pranks and practical jokes, but I won't do it on a phone.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

I don't necessarily prank someone who doesn't know me. It's always someone who is friends with one of my family members. And I cloak my number when I do it. But I very rarely call someone. I prefer that they call me and I pick up.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

I never done any prank calls & never had a desire to but I liked the show Crank Yankers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtA5_pCT34[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 2:16 am

Elmo prank call.....cute :lol:

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 7:32 am

I once prank called someone asking for Al Kida.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

I dont prank call people. Thats disrespectful....unless they are d*cks and had far worse coming, then i would.

The only thing ive done is have a voice mail go, "hello? pause for 3 seconds, hellooooooo? i can kind of hear u but speak up!" oh well Mike's not here right now, u know what to do"

people always say hello a few times after the 1st 'hello' from my voice mail, then they yell into their phone after the voice mail said I can kind of hear u speak up.....its makes them look like fools in public or wherever they are hahahhahah.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

A girl I know sent diapers in the mail to a guy I don't like......I should nick name him Pampers :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Mar 2012, 11:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYM4q5Ujq8[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 2:21 am

Never prank called, but sometimes when I get calls from Charter hounding me to "save money" by tripling my bill for services I don't want, I'll answer the phone with:

"'Tag and Bag' Zombie Disposal, how may I help you?"

It throws them off and I get to run the conversation for a moment before I hang up on them for the quadrillionth time. :lol:

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 3:28 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnIgXlvOQpo[/youtube]