Page 18 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 6:51 pm

Occupy Wall Street is Jesus overturning the tables of the money changers to cleanse the temple and let the animals go free.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/sto ... 52852280/1

As promised, the Occupy movement is using violence to get attention. Baiting the police to use tear gas and baton charges is a tried and tested method of making it to the news headlines. Expect more as the weather gets warmer as ratcheting up the stakes is the only way the media is going to be willing to cover them in an election year. They will of course claim to be peaceful or that the violence was perpetrated by some radical fringe, but we know better.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

The world economy and government is poised to fall...HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROFIT FROM THIS? Watch my DVD...

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

snapcap wrote:
The world economy and government is poised to fall...HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROFIT FROM THIS? Watch my DVD...

That is how YOU are going to profit.

ruveyn

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Zeno wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-28/occupy-oakland-protests/52852280/1

As promised, the Occupy movement is using violence to get attention. Baiting the police to use tear gas and baton charges is a tried and tested method of making it to the news headlines. Expect more as the weather gets warmer as ratcheting up the stakes is the only way the media is going to be willing to cover them in an election year. They will of course claim to be peaceful or that the violence was perpetrated by some radical fringe, but we know better.

What proof do you have that the violence was not perpetrated by some radical fringe or even hired? You can claim the occupy movement is all about violence all you want but that is simply not the case. Also most of the main-stream media just feeds everyone lies, it seems to me the police have gotten pretty violent themselves even in un-provoked cases so don't give me...'they deserve to get pepper sprayed and beat down by they police because they started it, that's bs...besides on the news they don't usually show the full story so you don't know if the cops perpetrated the violence or if someone in the protest did. I guess the only real way is to go down to one of the protests and see for yourself. But that's all up to you I'm not going to try and convince you what to think.

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

Quote:
Thing is not all the occupy protesters have the same opinions, or exact same issues with the system....so its kind of hard to generalize what exactly the movement is about without being kind of vauge. Or at least that seems to be the main issue I run into when trying to describe it.

I can sympathize with this, but I'd rather have vague than no answer at all. Right now it seems like OWS is becoming just a political crowd - people gauge to see how popular it has/hasn't become, and take sides with the winning side.