Special interest marathons 48 hours straight no breaks

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

Cornflake wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
only taking brakes to go to the bathroom and sleep.
Sleep? Pfft, what a lightweight. That's cheating... :lol:

Well I usualy had trouble sleeping anyway but when I did finnaly pass out from sheer exaustion, I would always dream about my special intrests anyway.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:46 pm

My special interest is a band, and I once went to three concerts in a row. I did this another time too, except there was a day in between two of the concerts, but that's only because one of the guys was doing a solo show (that 4/5 of the other guys ended up showing up for) in an age of the majority venue and I am under the age of the majority. My mom went and I went to a boring movie with my dad that night instead.

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:59 pm

I definitely go on 'marathons' with my interests. Whether its programming or playing music the feeling is always the same... if I stop now I won't ever finish what I'm working on or I will 'lose' my thought. Usually when I get like this sleep is pretty much an impossibility, I just kind of have to go until I completely run out of steam on what I am working on. I would say this sort of thing happens to me maybe once a month... if not more. I guess I usually don't make it a full 48 hours though... eventually I have to sleep!

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

Nope, unless you count sleep as breaks. I used to read about my special interest for days in a row, but dozed off randomly whenever I began to get sleepy.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:16 pm

Nope, especially because I'm still a student.
Now that I have summer vacation, though, it's possible.
But I just don't want to.