Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2006, 10:41 am

If you don't use one of the site's provided avatars, explain the avatar's origin here.
Mine is Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes as Spaceman Spiff.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 11:20 am

Its me on public webcam of course! here's me talking to my friend alfie on a piece of notebookpaper. the message is dirty so i wont tell you what it is.

8)

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 11:28 am

My current one is a fractal.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 12:03 pm

mine demosnstrates the mask i have ot wear to fit in during the day...at night i become a fricking aspie decompressing lunatic.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 1:30 pm

Mine is a piece of work by my artist of particular interest, Rowland Emett, which appeared in the film "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

In an odd non-literal way it also resembles me.

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 2:19 pm

I just think that some of us put on a (clown) face when we deal with the rest of the world. I've just carried it to the extreme, like I do everything else.

Nichole Kidman is my second celeb clown. Don't really care about her, but she makes a great clown. I dropped the image here, because I'm also an avie changer - usually weekly, although some of the hotties I use get a short stay of execution.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 3:34 pm

Mine is Mr Bean. I captured it myself.

Mr Bean

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 4:26 pm

i never liked mr. bean for some reason dude got on my nerves, and for anyone wondering whats on my arm in the last picture it isn't a deformaity. i just have really big viens that pop out for some reason. especially on my arms hah

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 4:30 pm

Stolen from IGN (it's my icon there), which was in turn stolen from a drawing of The Cardboard Tube Samurai from Penny Arcade.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 5:26 pm

Mine's the first page of the viola part for Stravinsky's Firebird Suite, 1945 version, Chester Edition. We played it during our last orchestra course, and it's a brilliant piece anyway, IMO.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 5:31 pm

Mine used to be a screenshot from "Silent Hill 2" showing James Sunderland kneeling as he realises why the Pyramid Heads were continually killing Mary. However, this one is one of Kefka laughing from "Final Fantasy 6".

On sabbatical...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 9:51 pm

Mine is the former Symbol of London. The Routemaster is also the Symbol of my Life, like the Butterfly is the Symbol of Dolly Parton's Life. :wink: My Avatar came from the Strings of my Heart. :heart:

AmyRose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2006, 10:16 pm

My avatar is currently a series of 11 pictures of the very beautiful Samantha Manson. She's a super-cool goth girl who firmly believes that it is good to be unique and that trying to be normal is a waste of time. I chose her for that reason and because I feel goth-girlish on the inside.

I found the screen caps on a site authorized by the creator of Danny Phantom, the show she's on, and I put the avatar together using the GIMP. If anyone wants help doing this (it's free), ask me. :D

I don't really like Danny Phantom, though, but I really :heart: Samantha Manson. :D

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 5:43 am

My avatar is self explanatory. If you dont know what a gypo is click on this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Travellers

Sorry Alex if I'm not allowed to post links.

I got it in an email with over similar made up road signs, this being my favourite.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 5:49 am

Mine was selected for me by my friend - she has a fantastic collection! Thousands of them!

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 5:25 pm

From what I've been told. Avatars are created by workers in a remote area on Thailand and distribted by companies such as Target and K-Mart.