Can an aspie's special interest be other people?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Just wondering. I fare better, socially, than lots of AS peeps. But I also pay way more attention to how people interact with one another than NTs do. I'm really fascinated by how nonverbal language and stuff works.

Yes, I'm obsessed with people, and I observe social behaviour all the time. Social interaction is very interesting to me.....shame I suffer from Social Phobia.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 12:49 pm

Yes. *points to Cockney Rebel and Idaho Rose*

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

It seems that one of my long-time special interests is people's faces. I gravitate towards the ones that are aesthetically pleasing, and can't stop looking at them. Also, I can become mildly obsessed with a single person for a long time, even after the initial infatuation has faded away.

rinniepoos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

Ellytoad wrote:
It seems that one of my long-time special interests is people's faces. I gravitate towards the ones that are aesthetically pleasing, and can't stop looking at them. Also, I can become mildly obsessed with a single person for a long time, even after the initial infatuation has faded away.

yes i know how that feels, the earliest instance i can remember is when i was about 5 years old.
haha i think they should take it as a compliment that you gravitate towards them, they are after all "aesthetically pleasing" :lol: