Man-hating posts vs. woman-hating posts

Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

If anyone has an allergy to testosterone; it's me & I like that place but I wish we had more active members. I'm curious as to where the site is being marketed as women friendly; I might of missed something

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BenReillyUK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2020, 11:56 am

It seems the hating posts are hating that which doesn't want them.
Not surprising really.
There is someone for everyone, I am certain of that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 11:26 pm

Just kidding around. ;)

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 3:28 pm

There may be many reasons why some woman hate men (misandry) and why some men hate woman (misogyny).
Although, i would say that such behaviours are perhaps like racism.

I.E. a prejudice that is developed either from a person's experiences in culture influences, upbringing, peers etc.
I would say that any form of prejudice is unhealthy.

I would also say that in some cases, people who label people as guilty of misandry / misogymy can also at times to be the one who is showing prejudice and using such terms as a form of character assassination against their victim (who may or may not be guilty of the projected offence, to a lesser or greater degree).

I think by nature there is always a separation between each sex, by nature, as being born as one sex or the other does automatically place a person into one of two main categories (not taking into consideration the more complex other denominations of sexual identify, not to cause offence but to simplify this subject).

I think those who are born men, who identify with the sex they were born with, will be part of a great number of men who will never fully know what it is like to be a woman, and in this alone perhaps causes enough difference between the people of the other sex, to be hated.

I also wonder if sexual orientation is why some woman hate men. For example, i know of some gay woman who hate men, although i am not sure if there is much hatred for woman among men who are homosexual.

I also guess that within most cultures around the world, for many centuries if not milenia, woman have often been given a lower place in society, and this history of inequality may be what drives woman to hate men.

Yep, i figure its an identity thing, those who identify with their sex so much that they want to start wars against past oppressive behaviour subjected to millions of people who they never met.

Who knows. personally i do not hate woman or men.
I only hate people regardless of their sex, based on how a person has mistreated me in the past.

As a person with ASD, i think that it may be easy for some to harbour unhealthy thoughts about people of the opposite sex who they may have been unsuccessful with in the past, i.e. hate woman cause you cant get any love?

I would say that that also isn't a fair position to hold, as a person's lack of success with the opposite sex is often more to do with a persons own short comings rather than all members of the opposite sex who they have been unsuccessful with.

I think that such cases, which are probably more common than people would think, could have likely be avoidable with the right support service in place for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder etc. Especially if such services help the individual to be more successful with their dating adventures.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:19 pm

My experience of man hating women and women hating men is...

Most women who hate men have been abused and take it out on all guys.

Most men who hate women either want someone to control or have been rejected.

If someone is abused, it makes sense for them to have irrational phobias. Whichever way around it is. It isn't right but it makes sense on an emotional level.

If someone is rejected: get over it. And wanting to control another person is bad.

It's like my being a cat person versus most 'dog people' I know. Most 'dog people' I know don't like that cats aren't instantly giddy and wanting attention as soon as they see them. Cats are kind of 'I don't care'. And you can't train a cat.

I'm a cat person because I've had strangers' dogs leap on me and I've had strangers' dogs chase me down the street. So I have a phobia of them. Not based on abuse, obviously animals aren't abusers, but based on aggression and being chased when I didn't want to be chased.

If a woman hates men just cos she has always been romantically rejected, that is straight up misandry and she needs to get over hating an entire gender & work on herself being a more desirable partner & lose some of her narcissism. If a woman wants to control the men in her life by physically abusing them or forcing them/manipulating them to have sex with her, someone needs to report her or if it's 'just' desire she needs to work on herself before she does damage.

If a man hates women because a woman raped him or manipulated him into sex or used to beat him up, honestly that is perfectly understandable - although not right - and he needs to get counselling and work on having healthy self esteem before he goes anywhere near women romantically. And the women he does date after that should be the gentlest of ladies (gentlewomen?) who are prepared to 'go slow' with him and take things at his own pace and realise he's going to be a bit delicate.

Reverse the genders and this is still the case. Because one is a victim. And one is just a person who's been rejected or even a person who longs to control others.

Also I find that people who are either generally straight or entirely straight have a pattern of tending towards very binary, very segregated kind of conversation about 'men this', 'women that'. A lot of what 'men are' or 'women are' is just cos you happen to be dating another gender, but if you were to date your own gender, you would experience it from your own gender because things like for eg cheating on a partner or nagging a partner or rejecting a potential partner etc are human traits/relationship traits.

It would be helpful to have entirely platonic friends of other genders or to work on being close to your family. That way you see men and women who aren't potential partners and you're close to them so you care about the gender from that pov and can't hate all of them.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 9:00 am

nick007 wrote:
If anyone has an allergy to testosterone; it's me & I like that place but I wish we had more active members. I'm curious as to where the site is being marketed as women friendly; I might of missed something
We recently had a mod with a far-left political mindset. She ruled the Love and Dating forum with an iron fist for years; her word was the law, and she seemed biased against men. Did that make WP women-friendly? Well... sort of... but kindness cannot be compelled.

She was the reason I nearly abandoned WP, except for AS-specific issues, but I think she's retired now, so I'm making a return. It wasn't entirely her fault, as she was merely fulfilling Alex's agenda, but she took things to the extreme, I think. That said, I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate and gender-unbiased.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Sep 2020, 10:05 am

One important thing we should keep in mind is that this is an autism forum & us autistics are well known for misreading others & having others misread us. Us autistics tend to have lots of problems with others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. Some of us including me, use this site as a way to help us blow off steam & release frustration. When we are very frustrated & upset we say things in worse ways, more blunt & less PC & we may even say things in the heat of the moment that we normally would not say or mean. I think a lot of the man-hating & woman-hating posts were due to this. It was the case for me. I've been accused of being a misogynist before on this forum & on other sites when I was making frustrated posts about things. In reality I'm kind of a feminist. I could name a bunch of women issues I care about & support, whereas a true misogynist would never want to be associated with feminism. Being labeled as a misogynist when I knew I was not, made me more frustrated & upset which caused me to be more blunt & less PC & say more things in the heat of the moment that I normally would not say or mean.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 11:51 am

I think that some of the woman who hate men, are lesbians who want all the woman to themselves!....
I think such woman brainwash their girl friends to prevent them from going a stray...
Perhaps it is also what some woman have in common. Perhaps some woman never really liked heterosexual sex.
Perhaps they begrudge being speared by a man organ. I don't know?

Hard to empathise being a man and not being a woman. Although, as a heterosexual man, the idea of being penetrated anally by another man doesn't appeal to me. Do i hate men because of this fear? nope. Do i hate homosexual men? nope. but there ya go.

In this life, you get manipulative woman as well as men.

Although i have to say that i know a lot of men who are lying manipulative sociopaths. Think its just how some men are driven, to exploit who they can for self gain. Not all men are like that though. Thank goodness...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 9:23 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
We recently had a mod with a far-left political mindset. She ruled the Love and Dating forum with an iron fist for years; her word was the law, and she seemed biased against men. Did that make WP women-friendly? Well... sort of... but kindness cannot be compelled.

She was the reason I nearly abandoned WP, except for AS-specific issues, but I think she's retired now, so I'm making a return. It wasn't entirely her fault, as she was merely fulfilling Alex's agenda, but she took things to the extreme, I think. That said, I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate and gender-unbiased.

Agreed.
There needs to be a diversity of political opinions. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 9:27 pm

nick007 wrote:
One important thing we should keep in mind is that this is an autism forum & us autistics are well known for misreading others & having others misread us. Us autistics tend to have lots of problems with others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. Some of us including me, use this site as a way to help us blow off steam & release frustration. When we are very frustrated & upset we say things in worse ways, more blunt & less PC & we may even say things in the heat of the moment that we normally would not say or mean. I think a lot of the man-hating & woman-hating posts were due to this. It was the case for me. I've been accused of being a misogynist before on this forum & on other sites when I was making frustrated posts about things. In reality I'm kind of a feminist. I could name a bunch of women issues I care about & support, whereas a true misogynist would never want to be associated with feminism. Being labeled as a misogynist when I knew I was not, made me more frustrated & upset which caused me to be more blunt & less PC & say more things in the heat of the moment that I normally would not say or mean.

I can't see a thing you said that I disagree with.
but I have only read through it once. :mrgreen:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 11:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
Agreed.
I agree. I'm very glad that mod is stepping down. I look forward to the new, more male-friendly WP.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 11:10 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Agreed.
I agree. I'm very glad that mod is stepping down. I look forward to the new, more male-friendly WP.

I have no idea to whom you are referring. :scratch:

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

Aspie1 wrote:
I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate

Their political leaning is irrelevant. Their job is to enforce the rules of the website. They're supposed to keep their personal views and their duty separate. Frankly, their political affiliations are none of our business.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 9:35 am

Pepe wrote:
I have no idea to whom you are referring. :scratch:
That's a good thing. It means you either never posted anything controversial or flew under her radar. I'd rather not mention her by name; I might get issued a warning for doing that. Although overall, Alex is more to blame than she is. His politics is far-left, I do know that. She was "just following orders", while sharing some of his beliefs.

Syd wrote:
Their political leaning is irrelevant. Their job is to enforce the rules of the website. They're supposed to keep their personal views and their duty separate. Frankly, their political affiliations are none of our business.
They shouldn't, but they do. And oftentimes, people with any kind of authority bring their political beliefs into their role.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 8:20 pm

Syd wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate

I see. :chin:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 3:55 pm

He's talking about me.

I asked Alex what he wanted me to do about Red Pill/MGTOW/Incel crap, and he told me to delete and ban as necessary.

Unfortunately, there are some male posters who equate not being able to constantly post negative generalizations about women with being "anti-male," but, fortunately, that's no longer my problem. I'm just here to watch the world burn.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)