Man-hating posts vs. woman-hating posts

Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,310

15 Jun 2011, 1:16 pm

Erisad wrote:
*shrug* Men are seen as the more powerful sex in westernized society so hating on them seems more acceptable. I don't know why. :shrug:


westernised? really?

maybe it's because men are jerks
i joke i joke.

the majority of threads i read in here seem to be from bitter woman-haters, perhaps the reverse are welcomed as coming to our defence and showing there are two sides to the story.
i don't know.



Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

15 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

Can't we all just get along? Make tea not war?


_________________
"Tall people can be recognized by three things: generosity in the design, humanity in the execution and moderation in success"


OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,310

15 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

Laz wrote:
Can't we all just get along? Make tea not war?


you look funny with your new avatar



Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jul 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,058
Location: United States

15 Jun 2011, 1:24 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Erisad wrote:
*shrug* Men are seen as the more powerful sex in westernized society so hating on them seems more acceptable. I don't know why. :shrug:


westernised? really?

maybe it's because men are jerks
i joke i joke.

the majority of threads i read in here seem to be from bitter woman-haters, perhaps the reverse are welcomed as coming to our defence and showing there are two sides to the story.
i don't know.


What? Okay, men are the more powerful sex in the vast majority of societies. >.<

I do agree that it is nice to have others coming to the women's defense for a change. However, man bashing isn't the way to go about it, I think. >.>

Laz - Tea please! :D



Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

15 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Laz wrote:
Can't we all just get along? Make tea not war?


you look funny with your new avatar


I fail to see how a change in avatar changes my appearance. But given your my unofficial stalker I'll take your word for it


_________________
"Tall people can be recognized by three things: generosity in the design, humanity in the execution and moderation in success"


Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

15 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

Quote:
Laz - Tea please!


Its a choice between Earl Grey and Peppermint. Thats all I have in i'm afraid

Oh and the only milk I have is soya cause i'm a Bovineist


_________________
"Tall people can be recognized by three things: generosity in the design, humanity in the execution and moderation in success"


Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jul 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,058
Location: United States

15 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:
Laz - Tea please!


Its a choice between Earl Grey and Peppermint. Thats all I have in i'm afraid

Oh and the only milk I have is soya cause i'm a Bovineist


No English breakfast? :(

Don't worry about it. I got my own. :P



Laz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,540
Location: Dave's Toilet

15 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Self catering? Thats what I like to see 8)


_________________
"Tall people can be recognized by three things: generosity in the design, humanity in the execution and moderation in success"


LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,577

15 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

nick007 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
check my signature

Your link won't work either. The site must be having some problems. I don't know what's going on but it was working last night
Sorry, neither is working. I'll check again tomorrow, I'm now curious as to the colour scheme.


_________________
I'm female but I have a boyfriend.
PM's welcome.


LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,577

15 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Laz wrote:
Can't we all just get along? Make tea not war?

What kind of soya, I'm not gone on the idea of strawberry flavor soya milk in tea. ;) I'll have Earl Grey if you have plain soya please. :)


_________________
I'm female but I have a boyfriend.
PM's welcome.


TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,102

15 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former. Like TheyGoMew's rants for example. Name one guy here that she doesn't hate and I'll name a Victoria's Secret model I've fuçked.


I don't hate Alex. Without him, I wouldn't be on here to hate you and the other men like you.

So okay who is this Victoria's Secret model you had sex with? :study:



Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,219

15 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

I dislike both. :D



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,407
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

I don't think a lot of the post that are accused of hating were intentionally made to be hateful. I've seen lots of threads here became hateful because some members assumed the poster was attacking the opposite sex when that probably was not the poster's intent. The poster was probably frustrated about things when he/she made the post & didn't express themselves in PC enough way & some misunderstood & accused em of being judgmental, bitter & trying to start something. Being accused of being hateful towards the opposite sex when your upset only encourages the person to be upset with the opposite sex. I wish people would be a little more sympathetic instead of assuming that others are trying to start things


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 927
Location: A deep,dark hole in the ground

15 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former. Like TheyGoMew's rants for example. Name one guy here that she doesn't hate and I'll name a Victoria's Secret model I've fuçked.


I don't hate Alex. Without him, I wouldn't be on here to hate you and the other men like you.

So okay who is this Victoria's Secret model you had sex with? :study:


Okay, whatever. You probably don't interact with him that much anyway, so it hardly counts. I have yet to hear you say something positive about any male members. And why do you hate me? You're the one who keeps insulting me and making ad hominem attacks against me (i.e. commenting on my avatar). All I've done is disagree with you.

And what do you mean "other men like [me]"? Are you saying I'm in the same league as the bitter guys who whine about not having a girlfriend or getting laid? I don't even care about that stuff; I just hang out here because I like flame wars.


_________________
I don't want a good life. I want an interesting one.


MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

15 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former. Like TheyGoMew's rants for example. Name one guy here that she doesn't hate and I'll name a Victoria's Secret model I've fuçked.


I don't hate Alex. Without him, I wouldn't be on here to hate you and the other men like you.

So okay who is this Victoria's Secret model you had sex with? :study:


Okay, whatever. You probably don't interact with him that much anyway, so it hardly counts. I have yet to hear you say something positive about any male members. And why do you hate me? You're the one who keeps insulting me and making ad hominem attacks against me (i.e. commenting on my avatar). All I've done is disagree with you.

And what do you mean "other men like [me]"? Are you saying I'm in the same league as the bitter guys who whine about not having a girlfriend or getting laid? I don't even care about that stuff; I just hang out here because I like flame wars.


I hope you do enjoy them, cause its f*****g on now chaps.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,102

15 Jun 2011, 6:32 pm

nick007 wrote:
I don't think a lot of the post that are accused of hating were intentionally made to be hateful. I've seen lots of threads here became hateful because some members assumed the poster was attacking the opposite sex when that probably was not the poster's intent. The poster was probably frustrated about things when he/she made the post & didn't express themselves in PC enough way & some misunderstood & accused em of being judgmental, bitter & trying to start something. Being accused of being hateful towards the opposite sex when your upset only encourages the person to be upset with the opposite sex. I wish people would be a little more sympathetic instead of assuming that others are trying to start things


That is correct.