Man-hating posts vs. woman-hating posts

Page 3 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,102

15 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former. Like TheyGoMew's rants for example. Name one guy here that she doesn't hate and I'll name a Victoria's Secret model I've fuçked.


I don't hate Alex. Without him, I wouldn't be on here to hate you and the other men like you.

So okay who is this Victoria's Secret model you had sex with? :study:


Okay, whatever. You probably don't interact with him that much anyway, so it hardly counts. I have yet to hear you say something positive about any male members. And why do you hate me? You're the one who keeps insulting me and making ad hominem attacks against me (i.e. commenting on my avatar). All I've done is disagree with you.

And what do you mean "other men like [me]"? Are you saying I'm in the same league as the bitter guys who whine about not having a girlfriend or getting laid? I don't even care about that stuff; I just hang out here because I like flame wars.


Well you DID start a thread about your little pecker. :lol:

I know you're joking though unless you really do whip it out on first meeting! :?



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,005
Location: Houston, Texas

15 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

^^ That remark reminded me of the scene in Blazing Saddles where Bart, upon becoming the new sheriff, said "Excuse me while I whip this out".


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,986
Location: Den of the ecdysiasts

15 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former.

It's because men are like white people. It's okay to hate on them because they have been assholes in the past.

Also it's Pauly Shore's fault. He alone is enough of a reason to hate white people or men.


_________________
I will befriend the friendless, help the helpless, and defeat... the feetless?


mv
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,131

15 Jun 2011, 7:31 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
^^ That remark reminded me of the scene in Blazing Saddles where Bart, upon becoming the new sheriff, said "Excuse me while I whip this out".


Collective gasp from the townfolk!

One of my favorite moments in cinema!



LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 927
Location: A deep,dark hole in the ground

15 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former.

It's because men are like white people. It's okay to hate on them because they have been assholes in the past.


That's kind of a moot point as you can say that about any group. The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and used children as human shields in World War II. Egyptians owned countless slaves and probably worked them to death. The Jews slaughtered thousands of people for worshipping the wrong gods. The only reason whites are more well-known for evil acts is that they had the Industrial Revolution, which put them at an advantage over other races, making it easier to oppress them.


_________________
I don't want a good life. I want an interesting one.


MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

15 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

To those wondering about the men's site, it's back to working now. There was a small issue with the hosting space, that's all.



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

15 Jun 2011, 8:51 pm

nick007 wrote:
I have gotten more than a few PMs calling me one when I made that post in the WrongPlanet.net discussion section about wanting a Men's section


I don't know about misogynist but here are some things you have said, from the other post, which may have caused others to call you such a thing...

You said wrote:
I hear the woman's section has lots of negative stuff about men in it(I never went in it so I'm not sure) & I think it's bullspit that the women have a place to rant about men but us guys have no place to rant about women. I'll openly admit that I've said some pretty offensive stuff about women on the L&D, Haven & Adult section before


They actually rarely talk about men in the women's section and I can't help but to think that the few posts which do speak of men in a negative light were spawned by hostilities towards the women in other parts of the site. Most of the posts in the women's section have nothing to do with men and you are free to investigate this. It's not a place to rant about men and the vast majority of the time, it's not being used as such.

You also admit to saying "pretty offensive stuff about women" in various forums here. I'll have to take your word for it. Perhaps these self admitted offensive remarks have been the reason you have been called a misogynist.

As I've previously said multiple times. I'm not opposed to a men's section. If men feel there is a need for one then there is a need for one. But I am opposed to a forum which exists as a bashing ground for the opposite sex.

Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.

Have you had that experience here?



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

15 Jun 2011, 11:43 pm

fist-bump for Chronos!! !! hallelujah, seriously.

i am a token male amongst men in real life, but that is irrelevant to me because i am proud to be female. nonetheless, i didn't ever experience such loathing because of my gender until i came to WP. it is shocking to me, and nothing i've ever felt before...

Chronos wrote:
Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,986
Location: Den of the ecdysiasts

15 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
fist-bump for Chronos!! !! hallelujah, seriously.

i am a token male amongst men in real life, but that is irrelevant to me because i am proud to be female. nonetheless, i didn't ever experience such loathing because of my gender until i came to WP. it is shocking to me, and nothing i've ever felt before...

Chronos wrote:
Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.

That's a matter of 'welcome to the f*****g internet :D :) :? :( :cry: '.

You really think all of those guys spewing all this 'he man woman's hater's club' s**t would say that s**t to your face in real life.

More likely they'd react with "oh no, that be a female, I'm scared I need to go hide in my room". Or they just wouldn't say much, but they definitely wouldn't say the same stuff in real life that they say here.

Kind of the same principle of youtube comments. You have never seen the true ugliness of humanity until you read youtube comments. Internet anonymity.


_________________
I will befriend the friendless, help the helpless, and defeat... the feetless?


hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

16 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
That's a matter of 'welcome to the f***ing internet :D :) :? :( :cry: '.

You really think all of those guys spewing all this 'he man woman's hater's club' sh** would say that sh** to your face in real life.

More likely they'd react with "oh no, that be a female, I'm scared I need to go hide in my room". Or they just wouldn't say much, but they definitely wouldn't say the same stuff in real life that they say here.

Kind of the same principle of youtube comments. You have never seen the true ugliness of humanity until you read youtube comments. Internet anonymity.

whatever. i haven't seen it elsewhere. just here. my only other experience on a forum involved people potentially saving my life, and my blog is a target for pleasantness. no reason to expect people to be assholes on a support site like this one.

and if people are douchebags towards women on here, i WILL lay the smackdown.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

16 Jun 2011, 12:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:

and if people are douchebags towards women on here, i WILL lay the smackdown.


Image



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

16 Jun 2011, 12:06 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
fist-bump for Chronos!! !! hallelujah, seriously.

i am a token male amongst men in real life, but that is irrelevant to me because i am proud to be female. nonetheless, i didn't ever experience such loathing because of my gender until i came to WP. it is shocking to me, and nothing i've ever felt before...

Chronos wrote:
Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.

That's a matter of 'welcome to the f***ing internet :D :) :? :( :cry: '.

You really think all of those guys spewing all this 'he man woman's hater's club' sh** would say that sh** to your face in real life.

More likely they'd react with "oh no, that be a female, I'm scared I need to go hide in my room". Or they just wouldn't say much, but they definitely wouldn't say the same stuff in real life that they say here.

Kind of the same principle of youtube comments. You have never seen the true ugliness of humanity until you read youtube comments. Internet anonymity.


You apparently skipped the bit where I stated most of the forums I post on are male dominated

WrongPlanet is not the only forum I post on. I've been posting on forums for about 15 years now, most male dominated. Most men just don't harbor such negative feelings towards women in general as some of the men here do. Notice I say some, because I've concluded that most of the men here do not harbor such negative feelings towards women in general. Most of them are more emotionally mature than that and more willing to accept that any shortcomings they have with women are just an extension of social impairments due to having AS, and are not the fault of women.



cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,700

16 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR!! ! :lol:
As a man and a honorary female,
IHMO theres bloddy gender wars are f*****g waste of time!

(Please note, I am having some tech issues with my network right now
if I don't replay an offline doing some uber sysamid voodoo to two fubared computers)



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,407
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2011, 1:02 am

Chronos wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
fist-bump for Chronos!! !! hallelujah, seriously.

i am a token male amongst men in real life, but that is irrelevant to me because i am proud to be female. nonetheless, i didn't ever experience such loathing because of my gender until i came to WP. it is shocking to me, and nothing i've ever felt before...

Chronos wrote:
Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.

That's a matter of 'welcome to the f***ing internet :D :) :? :( :cry: '.

You really think all of those guys spewing all this 'he man woman's hater's club' sh** would say that sh** to your face in real life.

More likely they'd react with "oh no, that be a female, I'm scared I need to go hide in my room". Or they just wouldn't say much, but they definitely wouldn't say the same stuff in real life that they say here.

Kind of the same principle of youtube comments. You have never seen the true ugliness of humanity until you read youtube comments. Internet anonymity.


You apparently skipped the bit where I stated most of the forums I post on are male dominated

WrongPlanet is not the only forum I post on. I've been posting on forums for about 15 years now, most male dominated. Most men just don't harbor such negative feelings towards women in general as some of the men here do. Notice I say some, because I've concluded that most of the men here do not harbor such negative feelings towards women in general. Most of them are more emotionally mature than that and more willing to accept that any shortcomings they have with women are just an extension of social impairments due to having AS, and are not the fault of women.

I've used lots of forums myself & in my experience the men & women on WP are generally a lot nicer towards each other than on most other forums I've used. Forums on dating sites are the worst & sense Aspies tend to have a harder time with relationships; it's understandable that people here would be more bitter


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

16 Jun 2011, 1:16 am

nick007 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
fist-bump for Chronos!! !! hallelujah, seriously.

i am a token male amongst men in real life, but that is irrelevant to me because i am proud to be female. nonetheless, i didn't ever experience such loathing because of my gender until i came to WP. it is shocking to me, and nothing i've ever felt before...

Chronos wrote:
Here is something you might want to think about. I've always been in male dominated environments. Most of my classmates have been male, most of my friends have been male, most of my interests are shared primarily by males instead of females, most of the forums I post on are male dominated, and the field I am in now is male dominated, and in none of those realms have I ever had a problem. In none of those classrooms, in none of those forums, amongst none of my male friends or colleagues had I ever been the object of hatred based purely on my sex, until I came here, to WrongPlanet.

Here, in the one place where I was supposedly to find those who understood me and who would support me, I found myself attacked by men, who didn't even know me, simply because I was a woman. I found men who hated women because they could not get a date when they felt they deserved one.Men who proclaimed that women only liked jerks. That women only liked men who had money. That women with AS had it so much easier because they only had to sit there and look pretty to get a date when as I woman with AS I can tell you that certainly isn't the case.

I found myself under an attack I didn't provoke in a place I was supposed to find friends just because I was a woman.

That's a matter of 'welcome to the f***ing internet :D :) :? :( :cry: '.

You really think all of those guys spewing all this 'he man woman's hater's club' sh** would say that sh** to your face in real life.

More likely they'd react with "oh no, that be a female, I'm scared I need to go hide in my room". Or they just wouldn't say much, but they definitely wouldn't say the same stuff in real life that they say here.

Kind of the same principle of youtube comments. You have never seen the true ugliness of humanity until you read youtube comments. Internet anonymity.


You apparently skipped the bit where I stated most of the forums I post on are male dominated

WrongPlanet is not the only forum I post on. I've been posting on forums for about 15 years now, most male dominated. Most men just don't harbor such negative feelings towards women in general as some of the men here do. Notice I say some, because I've concluded that most of the men here do not harbor such negative feelings towards women in general. Most of them are more emotionally mature than that and more willing to accept that any shortcomings they have with women are just an extension of social impairments due to having AS, and are not the fault of women.

I've used lots of forums myself & in my experience the men & women on WP are generally a lot nicer towards each other than on most other forums I've used. Forums on dating sites are the worst & sense Aspies tend to have a harder time with relationships; it's understandable that people here would be more bitter


To be honest I'm skeptical many of those who come here and bring negative views of women with them all have AS. They may have AS but they might not. There are a lot of things that can cause social issues. And then there are people out there who are just @$$holes and try to use AS as an excuse. Or their spouses try to use it as an excuse because they can't come to terms with the fact that they married someone who is just an @$$hole (but that's a subject for a different post)

But anyone with AS who hasn't done so already needs to take a good look in the mirror and realize that the source of all of their social issues is within the person standing in front of them, and not the fault of anyone else, if it can even be considered someone's fault.

We are the odd ones out. We are the ones who do not play by the social rules of society. We are the problem with our social lives. It's a hard pill to swallow but it's the first step in learning to overcome one's difficulties.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

16 Jun 2011, 2:04 am

I've decided neither are worth getting involved with.