Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

aldent8807
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Ok, I'm having a bit of a mental battle with myself. Yesterday was my b-day, turned 23 *crowd roars*

Thank you, thank you... Anyway, got a bunch of money for my birthday from my dad's side of the family.(like I think $200-$250, haven't received from my moms side yet(their divorced)) Waiting to see what I get from my moms side, maybe save up a bit from the bank too.

My problem is this: At first, I was going to buy a PS3+ Move Bundle, which would be $370 + tax, which is about $20-$30ish around here.

But recently, I caught wind of the Gears 3 Special Edition 360 Slim. Glossy(I prefer the matte finish look of the 4GB with a replacement drive, but whatever) 320GB under the hood. I have a special edition MW2 Jasper model, 250GB.

I've had this thing for about a year and a half, maybe 2 years or maybe a bit longer now. I figure I'm WELL past due for a RROD. Plus that extra 70GB of storage would be put to good use, and since I've finally convinced my parents to let me live in the dorms(first semester of college this past Spring) that copy of Gears 3 would be hot in the tray for quite awhile.

Meanwhile, with the PS3, I have a copy of inFamous that a friend of mine will give me for free, but only cuz he has an extra one from Christmas(both sets of grandparents had the same idea, apparently) and some PSone Classics, plus Trine.

But thats it, and I've already played through Trine and most of the PSone classics.

I have a library of about 6 or more(will be more once I get my parents paid off for last semester, cuz I was out of a job, so they're holding my games as collateral) 360 games, and a few XBLA titles.

I was thinking of trading my 360 in for a new one, but I REALLY want a PS3. There's a guy here in town(local mom and pop shop) who can get me a LOT of AAA PS3(both exclusives and system favorers) for DIRT cheap. We're talking like a couple hours of work for like 5 or 6 games cheap(I make $9.00/ hour for now, going up to $9.25 or $9.50/hour in 3 months though)

Then of course there is the occasional GS special, and whatever I can pick out of the "bargain bin" at Wal-Mart. The Best Buy and Fry's Electronics closest to my school all seem to heavily favor carrying both new and used PS3 games as well.

But then I don't wanna miss out on the extra 70GB extra of the 360.....Cuz I'm not sure if they'll ever do standalone 320GB drives(like they did for the 250GBs after the MW2 and FFXIII Jasper models) in retail(I can't shop online unless its something I have installed and can buy prepaid cards with, like iTunes or Zune or whatever....My iTouch is setup on my grandfather's CC so I'll have stuff to do(apps) when travelling around the campus without my 3DS, soon Vita, and PSP/PSP Go(I plan to use it for movies when Vita hits))

What do, WrongPlanet???

Please help!! !

Thanks in advance!! !

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Whats " a lot of AAA"? any ways if you alredy have a 360 go for the PS3, I have both and love my PS3 more then the 360. not sure what to tell you(Sony fan) but why not own both?

aldent8807

15 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

mesona wrote:
Whats " a lot of AAA"?any ways if you alredy have a 360 go for the PS3, I have both and love my PS3 more then the 360. not sure what to tell you(Sony fan) but why not own both?

Like, this guy could be in retail if he REALLY wanted to. Basically all the most anticipated titles, hes got hot, legit copies sometimes before even GS does, and usually like at least 30+ copies starting out(street release day) and for the big namers, he'll order about triple that(on MW2s street date, he had around 200 copies in stock, all but about 50 of which sold out QUICK because he doesn't charge as much sales tax, and the ones he had left were mostly from GS loyals or console bundles)

You know when you pick up a game at a midnight release and you open up and touch the disc and its all hot and has that fresh-off-the-print new game smell??? His stuff ALWAYS smells and feels that way, cuz he makes a lot of big orders from the industry juggernauts(Activision, MS, Sony, Nintendo, here recently with the recent influx of interest in the AC series in our town thanks to a XBL Party Chat party me and a buddy hosted, Ubisoft(also the launch of the 3DS and how well Ubi is backing it) He even carries a lot of Squeenix and X-Seed and Level 5 titles.

Also yeah.....but my problem is if the 360 burns out on me, then I WON'T have both, and my friend has some stellar online service at his place and so do I, and I gotta say, MW2 runs like s**t on his PS3. Pretty much anything online does, except his DLs, which are suprisingly up to speed with my XBL DL speeds.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

For starters it sounds a little odd a mom and pop store selling games, 2ed his "legit copies" means he has unlegit copies and that means one wrong sell and you could be in jail. If a game is relased one minute before its street date if a 10,000 fine. and none of this seems to e about buying what system. Sounds like your friend has a hacked PS3 copy of MW2 because I am on MW2 and it runs just fine.