Not invited to friend's 30th Birthday Party

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

A friend and I celebrated another friend's belated 30th birthday earlier today where we went to a local mall for lunch and then went to see a movie since we did not get a chance to do anything with her earlier this month when her real birthday occurred due to she going out of town with her parents.

However, I had discovered that my friend's mother had planned on holding a huge surprise birthday celebration for her 30th but had never given the time or the courtesy to contact or invite us. Yet, she invited everyone one of her parent's friends and family members in an area where they normally go camping. (My friend is under a guardianship by her parents because she is more severely disabled than the other girl and I. Her mother is also really overly protective of her daughter and also controls what she can and cannot do).

In many cases, my other friend and I have invited this girl to several other events including being a bride's maid on my other friend's wedding fairly recently. Yet, this girl's parents have not once bothered to invite myself or my other friend over for dinner. Instead, the other friend and I have had to suggest meeting this person somewhere like a mall or take her out to dinner rather than the other way around.

I am at the end of my ropes with her mother and I would like to speak my mind without making anyone angry or hurt. How should I confront her about this last issue?

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

"hugs" Some parents are just weird that way. My parents are too friendly and openly invite everyone in the same zip code.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

My other friend and I have gotten the impression that her mother does not appear to like or take much interest in us. She feels that the mother often dumps their daughter on us and acts very phoney when she is around us. She also observed earlier this evening that her parents seemed to pick their daughter up and not park somewhere and say goodbye to us any acknowledge us taking her out. Instead, they picked her up and took off again.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

Maybe its best you don't associate with them. It could be contagious.LOL

rodolfom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2011, 4:31 am

Hello!
I'm very sorry that happened to you. :(
I'm 38, not new with that kind of situations. I've got "friends" i haven't told about my AS, as they may think it's contagiuos and simply run away.
I recommend just ignoring them, and look somewhere else for better people.
Mindless elements should not be our interest, as we already have issues with neurotypicals.
Best regards & take care.