Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2006, 10:10 pm

It seems my mouse is having a bit of problems with games. In the following games: Quake II, Quake 3 Arena, ZDoom (used for any game), Call of Duty, and Unreal Tournament 2004 (so not only the Quake engine) the mouse would stop responding for a couple of seconds (refreshing?), whatever weapon I'm currently using would switch by itself for no apparent reason, and the mouse would oftentimes just stop working with the program all together. My mouse is a Micro Innovations PS/2 compatible Infrared Mouse, current drivers, and haven't done any modifications to any configuration files. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 4:32 am

Try a different mouse, see what happens.

- Emerson

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 6:13 am

Perhaps the infrared receiver/transmitter is dirty. ? Or does that only happen with optical ones?