Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:42 pm

Anarcho Transhumanism is awesome because it is science fiction technology.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 9:58 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Anarcho Transhumanism is awesome because it is science fiction technology.

How long will that take though? It's impossible to contribute to transhumanism in any way unless you have a science degree.

Will there be a tech utopia in the future? Perhaps, but I don't really see how I could contribute. I just kinda have to wait for it I guess.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 1:43 pm

Anarcho-primitivists tend to believe a society can't have agriculture without social stratification. I am critical of this notion and I like vaccines, so I'm not an anarcho-primitavist.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 11:03 pm

Overall, I'm glad that anarcho-primitivism exists. I've noticed that there are a lot of people who like to diablofy prehistoric humans and portray the prehistoric world as a sort of hellhole.

For example, a lot of people claim that all prehistoric tribes were authoritarian, patriarchal and racist. Of course, there is no evidence to back this up.

There are also plenty of people who claim that prehistoric people suffered from disease all the time. This ignores the role of overcrowding in the transmission of disease. It also raises a tough question. "If wild humans were miserable, does this mean that wild animals are miserable? They seem pretty happy to me."

It's entirely possible to justify the existence of technological civilisation without resorting to hyperbole and scary, unprovable claims.

Of course, many technophiles will rely on fundamentalist-tier arguments. This is precisely why anarcho-primitivism is a thing.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/