Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2013, 10:33 pm

I really really love Fallout 1 and 2. I still play them. I haven't played three or anything beyond that yet, so I really can't say much about them.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:17 am

I love the games, the stories, the genre... I. LOVE. FALLOUT!!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 3:50 am

I've been playing them since 2, and NV is my favorite of the series. Aside from the weapon modding and ammo construction stuff, which I naturally gravitate to as I can do them in real life, I love having truly hateable villains like Caesar or Cook-Cook. I'd usually kneecap the latter and beat him to death with a shovel or some other painful looking implement, while the former I preferred to blow up by stuffing C4 bricks under his throne. I managed to fling him clean out of the world a few times that way, it never got any less funny. I also had to laugh at some of the NPC dialogue that was particularly bone headed, like when I walked into Motor Runner's chamber, closed the door, popped him with a silenced pistol, and had an NPC imediately exclaim as I was walking out "hey, did you hear someone killed Motor Runner?". Yeah, I heard that... Needless to say, I played that game pretty grey, wandering the wastes murdering the wicked. I feel like I personally denuded the whole Mojave of Legion, Fiends, and other unsavory types over the course of my playthroughs.

Silenced sniper rifle totally breaks the game, but man is it satisfying to use after being terrorized by Deathclaw at lower levels. That's always been one of my favorite parts of Fallout games, when you cross the threshold from having to avoid certain enemies to actively hunting them; payback is a b***h!

Skribbz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

I love Fallout! :D I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic stuff and the games are just great. I have them all but I still haven't gotten around to playing Tactics yet.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 8:41 pm

I burned myself out on New Vegas. After a long period of being hooked, all I could see were the game's flaws. Maybe I'll give it another go with a new approach.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

New Vegas clearly has better gameplay than FO3 (Jury Rigging is a *must*).

It quickly becomes too easy, though, once you pick up the ultimate weapon, the YCS/186 (which is very easy to get at early levels)... The final battle was a joke with this weapon...

But I think it lacks the atmosphere of the earlier games... the surroundings are just too civilized, and not post-apocalyptic enough. In this regard, I preferred Fallout 3 and the ruins of DC... It was better at capturing the feeling of the earlier games.

Fallout: Tactics gets a bad rap, by the way. It might not be canonical in its weapon selection, but I loved the game nonetheless. Too bad the sniper perk was broken...

Personally, I think the series is up for a reboot. It would be great to play it from the perspective of some of the first vault dwellers to enter the wasteland...

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

I'd like to see it from a vault that lets out much SOONER than the others! Let's have some REAL rad-action! *tick*tick*tick*tick*