Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

Dingo7 wrote:
I think its time to go play some fallout Vegas now that there is nothing to do... currently fetching cazadore eggs for the arena... i hate those things with a passion...

Yep, Cazadore are even worse then Cliffracers from TESIII:Morrowind, although they don't make as an annoying sound.

***CLIFFRACER TRAUMA ALERT!! !***

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgMgUehD1Tw[/youtube]

***/CLIFFRACER TRAUMA ALERT!! !***

Woodsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

nice :wink:

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

Started up a new game on New Vegas on hard mode with hardcore enabled, with an incredible stupid character(Int 3) with high strength,agility, and endurance, and skilled in all combat except throwing weapons, and working for the legion. My best weapon is the rebar club,bumper sword,super sledge, and paladin toaster, plus Groo( that is his name) has the cannibal perk and dine and dash perk, so he's constantly at maximum health from eating the remains of his enemies, as well as the knock down perk, which makes it satisfying to knock supermutants on their ass. I also have ranged weaponry like the assault carbine, anti-materiel rifle, service rifle, and cowboy repeater, as back up, plus I have Raul watching my back. Yes, it's fun to be evil :twisted:

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:51 pm

Just bought fallout new vegas.....this game is awesome!

I like it more than I did fallout 3.

Very hard to stop playing this game and do my homework....or anything that isn't fallout new vegas.

I wonder if fallout three is the reason I have been into old music lately.....

Anyways...playing fallout new vegas it's nice to be back in the wasteland with my pip boy playing radio.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

I'd rather not be fanning fallout as it's radioactive and some people might think stirring up that type of dust would be inconsiderate unless they're also wearing a lead hazmat suit. :P

As for the game, I haven't played it. I saw a youtube clip of it though where someone called in a tactical nuke strike on some sort of mutants though. That was rather cool.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 1:17 am

I have both 3 and FNV both are excellent especially as they run under Wine, however FNV has lost its sound, so I have not played it as much as this now requires me to boot into Windows which I have a major aversion to.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

The only game i like from fallout was the fallout 3. new vegas was kinda boring to my standards. i don't know how to gamble in it so i lost my chips on the first game. i wish fallout would be more unique than trying to be the best game. do you guys know what i mean?

GamerNerd07901
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

I have not played 1 or 2

I have however played both 3 and NV and they are both superb games

although I would probably say that while NV was a better game 3 had a better story, and that counts for ALOT inj my book

What is learning? Its paying attention. its opening yourself up to this great big ball of****that we call life! And whats the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass! Well let me tell you, My ass looks like hamburger meat,But I can still sit down!

Koan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2011, 12:18 am

I'm a huge fan of the first two games, not so much Fallout 3. New Vegas was slightly less blasphemous to the series than 3 was, but I hope they make another and do it right this time.

Sejii
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2011, 3:19 am

I have all of the Fallout games (the Brotherhood of Steel PS2 game notwithstanding), and am a HUGE fan of the series. I don't think I was ever really disappointed in any of them.
You guys should try doing a Hardcore run on NV with a no-clothes Courier, it's hilarious to be "King/Queen of The Strip" like that. xD

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 12:55 am

I'm very partial to the Fallout universe, also.

I think that it's appealing that in this alternate timeline, the stupidity of the world finally runneths over, resulting in a world-breaking nuclear war. However, Fallout 3 was the technically superior game to its follow-up, New Vegas, with better designed quests and a setting more consistent with the post-apocalyptic vibe Fallout is so famous for.

Storywise, however, I thought that New Vegas had the edge over Fallout 3 with its multiple factions and diverse array of endings, with a plot that I found to be befitting of a world reduced to barbarism and survivalist instinct. I wonder how aspies would cope in this situation, would we retain our sense of civility and re-build the world, with a reborn human society founded on more concrete virtues and morals? Or would we become brutal conquerors intent on "correcting" the errant behaviour of mankind in times past and subjugate the remaining NT population :twisted: ?

But I digress, both are excellent games and worthy of any gaming collection. Like mine, I suppose :D .

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 3:28 am

I'm playing this right now. I can't follow the story too well but it something to feed my hand I guess. I think I'm going to just pip boy to vegas.

Scythe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2011, 11:34 am

I love the game concept as I believe it is a potential future at the rate this world is going in...well without mutants, giant animals, giant insects, and pretty much any living thing on the planet but its fun to put a twist on being able to survive a post apocalypse world. I played the snot out of fallout 3 and was doing so with New Vegas but my 360 got bumped and ate my disc. I was ticked as I was playing Old World which is one of the coolest expansions I have ever played. I love the series. I liked the music from fallout 3 better though and hate the fact they nerfed the perk system. I also which they would have kept the bobble heads or gone with something similar rather than just throwing that out. They did add a ton of cool features however and glad they eliminated the big guns/small guns and just combined them replacing it with survival. I have put WAY to much time in that game lol. I plan on getting a replacement copy soon though.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2013, 1:00 pm

i enjoy playing fallout games the ones i only played are 3 and New Vegas

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2013, 1:14 pm

Have NV and bought 3 last saturday. I love the scale of the games. NV seems to have more things to do but the overall atmosphere in 3 is better. Was a little shocked to find super mutants everywhere and centaur roaming freely in 3. Also, my first meeting with those mutant bears, which was in honest hearts, was the biggest OMGWTF!? moment in my gaming life.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:42 pm

Huge fan, since FO1. I'm also of the very rare opinion that FOT was amazing as well.

So far, for the newer games, I'm partial to 3, just because DC's about 40 minutes away. It's like watching the Wire, it feels like home. NV is more open, and I like having needs without a mod.