Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Gak66
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

i thought i ask if any of you are having this problem or know what its called. and just to be clear i have visited a therapist and doctor for this and i did not receive a straight answer from them. planning on asking my pastor next (just hopes he tells me only instead of covering me in oil and stuff) about this issue i am having.

i have a minor sign of aspergers syndrome btw.

i have been feeling as if there is a evil creature trying to take control of me and make me act cruel to others for no reason. regardless of what mood i am in with that person.

it will put me in a bad train of thought, make me angry at myself, make me twitch or flinch at some of the most dumbest things i did or said, etc etc.

i dont make the choice of acting angry or thinking of these things but it makes me fall for its trap (shame on me).

i have had this..."problem" for years now and i cannot find out what its called nor can i find out if its normal or not for it to happen. (like its just a temporary problem that will go away when i get older right?).

if you guys cant help then thats ok. i have went to other forums and also posted this seeing if they can help as well.

klikmaus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2011, 11:50 pm

I might be interpreting what you're saying completely wrong, but maybe you have Tourettes? The "twitch" is a dead giveaway... There are simple and complex "tics" of various natures. They can be irrational thought patterns, simple arm jerks, complex series of actions, unintentional vocalizations of verbal phrases... I have recently been diagnosed with Tourettes (and with my obsessive nature, I've been reading everything I can on the topic recently) and it DOES sound like a possibility. There's even a book on Tourettes called "The Unwelcome Companion"...

Back before "Tourettes" was understood as what it is, it was often considered demonic possession and the reason behind many exorcisms.

I'll save all the diagnostic criteria and specifics for someone who has a better understanding on the topic, but that's my thought.
The serious "outbreaks" of tics can last anywhere from just a few minutes or hours to days, weeks, or even months. In general, they are triggered by periods of excessive stress or over stimulation.
I am 32, and had my first significant tic outbreak at age 7 which only lasted a couple of weeks. After than until several months ago I had occasional minor tics which I just wrote off as "having a slight twitch". Back in March of this year, several SERIOUS motor and phonic tics manifested to the point of interfering with my day to day life, I have been in and out of several doctors and put on various medications, but nothing has helped thus far. They are still extremely strong, irritating, and constantly consistent.
It might help you get SOME relief by doing a google search on tourettes and reading everything you can on it. Through that research, you can see for yourself if you are on the right track or if you need to look in another direction.

Keep us posted and good luck!