Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

sealion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

I just wanted to say that if someone giving you health advise make sure they live what they preach.

-Hippocrates

http://www.loselegfat123.blogspot.com

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Oh yes! I can't tell you how many times I've been told by a big fat lazy couch potato, that something I'm eating is bad for me, while they're stuffing the pie hole with french fries and a triple-double chili burger with extra bacon...

I would never dare give anyone diet or fitness advice, if I weren't in the shape I'm in. As it is, I do get asked what my "secret" is very often, and I don't have a secret. It's discipline and hard goals, and the pursuit of bodybuilding, lowest possible body fat mass (sitting at 4.8%), and ultimate fitness is one of my Aspie obsessions.

Charles

sealion

21 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

thank you for sharing

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

People are different, and have different goals. What works for me might work for other people, but it might not. In spirit, I kinda agree with you. My doctor was obese, but he would always tell me to get more exercise. :lol:

Do what works, ignore what doesn't; that's how things work in Moogland.

Jamie8675309

21 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

You mean
"practice what you...PREACH!"

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

I definitely believe in this motto,as well as living your own reality,if you bother even "preaching." I think that is a dangerous thing to get into.It's a lot healthier and better for others to make their own decisions instead of glorifying yourself and your lifestyle and habits,whatever they may be.I don't push my veganism onto people I generally meet,but I do have friends who have similar lifestyles and approaches to health and wellness.And most people are open minded enough to think about what they put in their bodies !

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2011, 8:13 am

sealion wrote:
I just wanted to say that if someone giving you health advise make sure they live what they preach.

That is really good advise!:)